Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940181 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Hard landings
« Reply #3795 on: June 18, 2012, 11:00:37 am »

After poking around with the rod, Milno seemed to decide the small room probably did not have traps and moved forward cautiously, still wielding the metal pole in one hand and holding the gauss rifle in the remaining.

Milno opens the trap door using the same process and even if the entrance is safe, descends into the janitor's room with the pods on enough to keep him above the floor, checking the floor, the area inside and the exit of the closet.

If all is clear, just say "clear" for the rest of the group.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 12:00:38 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 3: Hard landings
« Reply #3796 on: June 18, 2012, 11:12:43 am »

"Ah shit. She's not waking up. Nik spent like three years in the VR, maybe, hopefully he has something."
Thomas rushes to Niks harness and tries to get him to help.
"Hey, Nik? We're kind of all dieing here, and it'd be great if you'd help. I don't have a clue about first aid, and Empryean decided to take a nap, so I kind of need your help."
Then he surveys the room, and spies Mays emergeny kit. He snatches it, and waits for someone who knows about medicine to wake up. ((The emergency kit is for small injuries. I don't think any thing we have is small.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: June 18, 2012, 11:17:54 am »

(( The emergency kit is better than nothing. Maybe you could find something to lessen the bleeding, or at least a shitload of band-aids.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: June 18, 2012, 11:18:50 am »

(( The emergency kit is better than nothing. Maybe you could find something to lessen the bleeding, or at least a shitload of band-aids.))
((We'll have to wait for Caelleth to post as Empryean or for Pyro to wake up and help, because I don't want Thomas accidentally butchering almost half the team.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: June 18, 2012, 11:36:05 am »

((We'll have to wait for Caelleth to post as Empryean or for Pyro to wake up and help, because I don't want Thomas accidentally butchering almost half the team.))
((Oh, you of little faith.

Have you no doubt on the dice that govern your luck, or on if anyone can actually word their actions to be the right thing and get a 5?  :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: June 18, 2012, 12:01:01 pm »

((Well, Skyrunner got me in control of Empyrean, but mercenaries, med rolls...You get the overall idea. I'm currently checking who has the least chance of screwing up.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: June 18, 2012, 12:08:53 pm »

((Well, Skyrunner got me in control of Empyrean, but mercenaries, med rolls...You get the overall idea. I'm currently checking who has the least chance of screwing up.))
((Thats quite nice of you, Cael! Survival rate has now increased exponentially.

Also, of all the things in ER, think out of the box. Sure, mercs...suck at medical rolls, but there are some other ways of treating the human body and restoring it that don't require medical aid. On what it is, I'll leave you to think on it.  :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: June 18, 2012, 12:17:38 pm »

((Also, of all the things in ER, think out of the box. Sure, mercs...suck at medical rolls, but there are some other ways of treating the human body and restoring it that don't require medical aid. On what it is, I'll leave you to think on it.  :P))
((Do you want me to mercy-shoot them? It is a good option, but I doubt that would help.

Edit: Ding ding ding. Nekarios is our winner. He has -1 to med rolls, while Thomas and Empyrean have -2. I'll impersonate Sky for comic reasons, although I willl avoid adding any speech for E in her stead.))

Sky mode

((o_o))

Empyrean grunted, standing up before moving away from the harness.

"Are all landings like this?"

Action for Empyrean: Examine how far from the original landing area the group fell.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 12:26:18 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3803 on: June 18, 2012, 12:41:42 pm »

After poking around with the rod, Milno seemed to decide the small room probably did not have traps and moved forward cautiously, still wielding the metal pole in one hand and holding the gauss rifle in the remaining.

Milno opens the trap door using the same process and even if the entrance is safe, descends into the janitor's room with the pods on enough to keep him above the floor, checking the floor, the area inside and the exit of the closet.

You open the trap door and descend using your rockets. The water around you begins to boil and billow about almost instantly as you descend, turning everything into a hazy mess of foam. You can't see a damn thing, let alone check anything carefully, like this.

"Ah shit. She's not waking up. Nik spent like three years in the VR, maybe, hopefully he has something."
Thomas rushes to Niks harness and tries to get him to help.
"Hey, Nik? We're kind of all dieing here, and it'd be great if you'd help. I don't have a clue about first aid, and Empryean decided to take a nap, so I kind of need your help."
Then he surveys the room, and spies Mays emergeny kit. He snatches it, and waits for someone who knows about medicine to wake up. ((The emergency kit is for small injuries. I don't think any thing we have is small.))
(Nik was cut clean in half remember? He might not be in the best state to help. )

You grab the kit off of may's body and stand around, flailing like an idiot, waiting for someone to help you.

The kit does have coagulant boosters. That plus pressure could help May. As for Nik, well, he's in pretty bad shape.

((Also, of all the things in ER, think out of the box. Sure, mercs...suck at medical rolls, but there are some other ways of treating the human body and restoring it that don't require medical aid. On what it is, I'll leave you to think on it.  :P))
((Do you want me to mercy-shoot them? It is a good option, but I doubt that would help.

Edit: Ding ding ding. Nekarios is our winner. He has -1 to med rolls, while Thomas and Empyrean have -2. I'll impersonate Sky for comic reasons, although I willl avoid adding any speech for E in her stead.))

Sky mode

((o_o))

Empyrean grunted, standing up before moving away from the harness.

"Are all landings like this?"

Action for Empyrean: Examine how far from the original landing area the group fell.
You check the map against your current location. You're still pretty much spot on here, atop the dam. Just have to move a bit to the north and then climb down. Yeah, climb down when 4 out of 5 members of the team lost a fucking limb. Piece of cake.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: June 18, 2012, 12:58:20 pm »

"Sigh."

Milno turns off the pods, hangs from the hatch by one hand then checks the area around the janitor's closet with the rod. After making sure all is clear, he exits the room while still moving the rod ahead and around him.

>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: June 18, 2012, 01:34:51 pm »

As Magisters' mercy I know anything about medicine! Eh, sorry.
Also, I'd really appreciate some - ack, xenos filth! - medical help. Or, failing that, at least a nice high-diff low-int laser shot to cauterize that gape. Hmmm, maybe some liquified metal to close the wound?

EDIT:If there is a pool of not yet solidified metal around, try sticking my lower body (the wound) into it.   ((yeah, medical casting attempt number two :P ))

(( Going off for today early, but I'll probably just die anyway ;)
@piecewise Could you make my character spit some blasphemies about those 'xenos collaborators' who shot us down before he passes away (if he's still conscious at the time)? Yeah, totally calling for a speech roll on that :) ))
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:16:33 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: June 18, 2012, 02:26:50 pm »

((Edit: Ding ding ding. Nekarios is our winner. He has -1 to med rolls, while Thomas and Empyrean have -2.))
((Team B is so very, very fucked.))

Wait for Milno to do his thing, bring up the rear should the entire party move.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3807 on: June 18, 2012, 02:41:54 pm »

"Sigh."

Milno turns off the pods, hangs from the hatch by one hand then checks the area around the janitor's closet with the rod. After making sure all is clear, he exits the room while still moving the rod ahead and around him.

You wait for the bubbles to clear before poking around the room with your stick. Looks clear.

You say "Clear" over the radio before moving on, opening the door to the janitor's closet and looking out. It's too dark to see anything.

As Magisters' mercy I know anything about medicine! Eh, sorry.
Also, I'd really appreciate some - ack, xenos filth! - medical help. Or, failing that, at least a nice high-diff low-int laser shot to cauterize that gape. Hmmm, maybe some liquified metal to close the wound?

EDIT:If there is a pool of not yet solidified metal around, try sticking my lower body (the wound) into it.   ((yeah, medical casting attempt number two :P ))

(( Going off for today early, but I'll probably just die anyway ;)
@piecewise Could you make my character spit some blasphemies about those 'xenos collaborators' who shot us down before he passes away (if he's still conscious at the time)? Yeah, totally calling for a speech roll on that :) ))
You gurgle a bit and look around for some sort of pool of molten metal to try and cauterize the massive stump of your lower body in. You can't see any. [end:6] You struggle against your failing body and manage not to go into shock, but your continued moving around is only making you bleed out faster. [Mortal wound: 1 turn left till death]

[speech:4-1]

"I regret that...uh...that I don't have anything good to say at this point in time."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: June 18, 2012, 03:22:52 pm »

((@Nikitian: You just caused any attempt to save you to turn near impossible.

@GM: Since their (May and Nikitian) brains are still in one piece, do we have a shot at ressurecting them if we are fast enough? I really doubt their bodies can be saved, though.
-Also, would waking May up be considered a med roll or have any chance of speeding up "its" death? It has a higher chance of saving itself than being saved by the rest of the team.))

((I think I'll stop posting actions for Milno for some time until I can get more members of the team moving aside from Faith.))

Sky mode

Action for Empyrean: Check if it is possible to discern the AA batteries from the crash site and how many enemies are there.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:38:40 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: June 18, 2012, 03:25:44 pm »

((@Nikitian: You just caused any attempt to save you to turn near impossible.))
((Don't give up till the end, bro. Try to save his body by using any medical kits nearby or advanced kits!

Nik has the schematics of things I would buy!  :P))
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 1256