Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938912 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 3: Hard landings
« Reply #3780 on: June 18, 2012, 02:55:35 am »

(Oh dear god.  Good luck, y'all!)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: June 18, 2012, 03:04:20 am »

((Jesus Christ! Piecewise, what demented roll decided this?))
Thomas stumbled out of his stasis pod, grasping the burnt stump where his hand used to be.
"That was not what I expected. Actually, scratch that, I saw something involving missing limbs coming, what about you folks?
He grabbed his equipment and spun around, awaiting an answer.
"Well? Oh. Oh my god."
All the color drained from his face when he saw his wounded allies. He begun to pace, and talk to himself.
"Who can do medical work here? Damn it, who is our medic?"
Recognition flashes over his face when he saw Empryeans stasis pod. He ran over to it and pulled it open.
"You're not hurt, that's fantastic!"
Then he gestured to the still occupied pods.
"Those guys are though, and I'll really need some help to pull this off.

Pull Empryean out of her pod, explain the situation to her.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:11:59 am by Spinal_Taper »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3782 on: June 18, 2012, 03:20:02 am »

((Jesus Christ! Piecewise, what demented roll decided this?))
Thomas stumbled out of his stasis pod, grasping the burnt stump where his hand used to be.
"That was not what I expected. Actually, scratch that, I saw something involving missing limbs coming, what about you folks?
He grabbed his equipment and spun around, awaiting an answer.
"Well? Oh. Oh my god."
All the color drained from his face when he saw his wounded allies. He begun to pace, and talk to himself.
"Who can do medical work here? Damn it, who is our medic?"
Recognition flashes over his face when he saw Empryeans stasis pod. He ran over to it and pulled it open.
"You're not hurt, that's fantastic!"
Then he gestured to the still occupied pods.
"Those guys are though, and I'll really need some help to pull this off.

Pull Empryean out of her pod, explain the situation to her.
(It was actually lots of rolls. Rolls to determine if ships were hit, which ships, how bad they were hit, and how bad the occupants were injured. See why you should fear hotdrops? The guys on the first mission just got lucky, nothing more. Also you're not in a stasis pod, you're in a harness.)

You pull E up from where her harness landed and point at the scattered remains of your team. [speech:1-1] "You see that, man! You see that! We are FUCKED! Game over, man, Game over! Nik is a torso, May is bleeding out! MY FUCKING HAND IS GONE! I HAD TO CAUTERIZE A WOUND ON FUCKING ROCKET EXHAUST AND I FEEL IT PRUDENT TO REITERATE THAT WE ARE FUCKED!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: June 18, 2012, 03:21:29 am »

((Holy shit. Guess Team A was the correct choice!

...though, you guys could probably really use that Advanced Kit I've got right about now...))

Faith let out an audible sigh of relief.

"Well, that could have been worse. Remember though, we're on a time limit here. Who's got point?"

Lean over side of building, trying to estimate distance to bottom. Follow allies if they begin to move. In a non-retarded direction, at least.

"Hey Steve? Is there a reason we can't just swim down to the bottom of the structure and punch our way in?"

((Ninja'd: Low mental/social rolls are the best.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 3: The Final Countdown.
« Reply #3784 on: June 18, 2012, 03:30:23 am »

An instant after the 4th shuttle is hit something invisible lashes out and impales your shuttle like a butterfly on a needle, burning a molten hole straight through it. The engines sputter and begin to fail, the craft lists to one side and begins to veer off course.

>Ejecting. Activating Grav-chutes.

You don't even have time to process the words before you're crushed against the back of your suit. The harness you're in, as well as a good chunk of the shuttle that was holding it, is hurled explosively off of the shuttle and down toward the mountain ringed expanse of water below. The air distorts slightly around you as you fall, but you don't seem to be slowing down. You hold the harness and close your eyes, preparing for the impact as you tumble end over end toward the water. You hit several seconds later, but with none of the force you expected; it was like you'd simply jumped off the high dive. It takes over a minute to sink down to the roof of the target building, where the harness finally releases you. The rest of your team is with you.

It takes Lukas a few minutes to get back to his senses after sinking down to the roof of the building. "I'm...I'm still alive? What the hell was that? Was that supposed to happen?" Lukas looks around for his other companions and he checks for enemies, or anyone he doesn't recognize.

Check for the others. If all seems safe, go to the entrance of the building and examine it.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: June 18, 2012, 03:31:45 am »

Faith swallowed.

"Apparently on the first mission we were on, they lost every craft but ours and one other. Then everyone on the other one died."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: June 18, 2012, 03:33:28 am »

((It's essentially what I said but with less sarcasm and more freaking the fuck out. Also, if I tried to cauterize wounds with my rifle or razor, what rolls would that be?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: June 18, 2012, 06:44:35 am »

((It's essentially what I said but with less sarcasm and more freaking the fuck out. Also, if I tried to cauterize wounds with my rifle or razor, what rolls would that be?))
((Lasers are like high-powered heat drills. Unless they are very low on intensity, they still leave bleeding holes; which means it would be a bit difficult to cauterize anything with them.

And Empyrean is a merc. You have no medic and are all damned.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: June 18, 2012, 07:13:42 am »

((A crazed, kicking medic is better than no medic.

Looks like you'll all have to do without the medical bonus of +1.

Also, I and Feyri wish you all God Speed in this mission.

Remember to get creative, guys and Sky. You'll need it.  :P

inb4 mission end: I bet I'll see a lot of toughened personalities...with good reason.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: June 18, 2012, 07:23:51 am »

((I predict TPK for the dam team. Unsure for the vault team but odds are not looking good right now. At least they can help the dam team when they are done, or at least what's left of them.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: June 18, 2012, 07:52:49 am »

((Hey, lets not give up hope yet.

You people are not in a war, nor in the military. Better yet, you're all in the HMRC, the backline soldiers that give our people in the xenos war weapons to fight and win.

Be the team, guys. Make this survival epic. Evacuate the wreck and stem the fester of wounds. Get to cover, patch up and proceed. I have high hopes of survival.

Unless people do things they shouldn't do in a situation like this.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: June 18, 2012, 08:07:49 am »

((Such as waving a stump of an arm in someone's face while screaming at them when your teammates are bleeding out.

Better start fixing people... HOP TO ET!))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: June 18, 2012, 09:02:10 am »

((Actually Faith would be more useful in Team B as of now since they have no medics but, as the GM mentioned, the damage was decided by rolls. We could not predict which team would fare worse, and even if Faith was there, she would nonchalantly ignore the dying people.))

Milno looks around for a moment, taking a look at both the surroundings and the rest of the group. The drop was fairly good, since no one on his team was dead nor maimed. All things considered, it could be called near flawless.

"Well, let's get this started. First off, I'll lead the way since unless any of you decides you want to die on your first mission. Second, all of you with laser weaponry should only shoot in emergencies and point it far away from the rest of the team. I don't want refraction causing your shots to hit allied people.

You with the projector-"
Milno motions towards Lukas "-Follow behind me. And you-" This time he waves to Cog and Neil. "-If any of you happened to be a mercenary before all this, follow behind the guy with the projector while the remaining one stays with the useless medic in our rearguard. If both were mercenaries, then the one with the hand lasers stays with her."

"If shit happens in a cramped space and I'm unable to eliminate it right away, you come into play. If I crouch, the one right behind me shoots. If I go prone, the one right behind me crouches and all three fire. I doubt it'll really work underwater, but it is best than being constantly hit by friendly fire."

Milno looks for any kind of disturbance at the janitor's closet. He uses one of the pieces of metal he got in the rec room to wave it around and inside the entrance to check for traps.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3793 on: June 18, 2012, 09:50:20 am »

((Holy shit. Guess Team A was the correct choice!

...though, you guys could probably really use that Advanced Kit I've got right about now...))

Faith let out an audible sigh of relief.

"Well, that could have been worse. Remember though, we're on a time limit here. Who's got point?"

Lean over side of building, trying to estimate distance to bottom. Follow allies if they begin to move. In a non-retarded direction, at least.

"Hey Steve? Is there a reason we can't just swim down to the bottom of the structure and punch our way in?"

((Ninja'd: Low mental/social rolls are the best.))

>You could certainly try it, but if there's anyone on the upper levels you might suddenly find yourself pinned between them and anyone on the lower levels.

It looks like a fairly standard 5 story building, with each story being about 10 feet. Not that height really matters underwater though.

An instant after the 4th shuttle is hit something invisible lashes out and impales your shuttle like a butterfly on a needle, burning a molten hole straight through it. The engines sputter and begin to fail, the craft lists to one side and begins to veer off course.

>Ejecting. Activating Grav-chutes.

You don't even have time to process the words before you're crushed against the back of your suit. The harness you're in, as well as a good chunk of the shuttle that was holding it, is hurled explosively off of the shuttle and down toward the mountain ringed expanse of water below. The air distorts slightly around you as you fall, but you don't seem to be slowing down. You hold the harness and close your eyes, preparing for the impact as you tumble end over end toward the water. You hit several seconds later, but with none of the force you expected; it was like you'd simply jumped off the high dive. It takes over a minute to sink down to the roof of the target building, where the harness finally releases you. The rest of your team is with you.

It takes Lukas a few minutes to get back to his senses after sinking down to the roof of the building. "I'm...I'm still alive? What the hell was that? Was that supposed to happen?" Lukas looks around for his other companions and he checks for enemies, or anyone he doesn't recognize.

Check for the others. If all seems safe, go to the entrance of the building and examine it.

You look around at the other members of your team. Despite the rather unorthodox entry, they seem fine, or at least if they're injured you can't tell. After you're convinced that no one is just gonna keel over dead, you walk over to the entrance point labeled on the map. It's a door set in a very tiny square structure, like some sort of outhouse.

Well, a razor isn't hot, at least not in so much as to make scraping it over open wounds a worthwhile venture. A laser rifle at very very low intensity and high diffusion might work, but it's gonna be a medical roll, albeit an unorthodox one.  Now that I think of it, some sort of device for superheating disk of metal for use in cauterizing might be a fairly effective tool. Hmm. Oh hey, it actually exists
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Actually Faith would be more useful in Team B as of now since they have no medics but, as the GM mentioned, the damage was decided by rolls. We could not predict which team would fare worse, and even if Faith was there, she would nonchalantly ignore the dying people.))

Milno looks around for a moment, taking a look at both the surroundings and the rest of the group. The drop was fairly good, since no one on his team was dead nor maimed. All things considered, it could be called near flawless.

"Well, let's get this started. First off, I'll lead the way since unless any of you decides you want to die on your first mission. Second, all of you with laser weaponry should only shoot in emergencies and point it far away from the rest of the team. I don't want refraction causing your shots to hit allied people.

You with the projector-"
Milno motions towards Lukas "-Follow behind me. And you-" This time he waves to Cog and Neil. "-If any of you happened to be a mercenary before all this, follow behind the guy with the projector while the remaining one stays with the useless medic in our rearguard. If both were mercenaries, then the one with the hand lasers stays with her."

"If shit happens in a cramped space and I'm unable to eliminate it right away, you come into play. If I crouch, the one right behind me shoots. If I go prone, the one right behind me crouches and all three fire. I doubt it'll really work underwater, but it is best than being constantly hit by friendly fire."

Milno looks for any kind of disturbance at the janitor's closet. He uses one of the pieces of metal he got in the rec room to wave it around and inside the entrance to check for traps.

You walk over to the entrance door that Lukas is examining. You push him aside and look at the door yourself before turning the knob and shoving it open with one of your metal rods, keeping yourself as far away from the door as possible and using your robotic hand for the task. Nothing explodes, slices the rod in half or otherwise ruins your day so you step forward and peak into the building. The inside of the little room is completely bare save for what looks like a trap door or hatch set into the floor.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: June 18, 2012, 10:18:20 am »

((Hey guys, May has an emergency kit. Might want to check that out.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 1256