Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939487 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 3: The Final Countdown.
« Reply #3720 on: June 15, 2012, 05:52:45 pm »

(I thought Mesk and Charro were on the cart? ???)
((Ditto))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: June 15, 2012, 06:24:21 pm »

(We are on the cart, and he's being more useful then me at that  :P)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3722 on: June 15, 2012, 06:35:58 pm »

There are two carts, the one with the HDDSM and the one with Mesk and charro piled on it. Otherwise how would mesk have been on the  4th floor while the HDDSM was on the 6th?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: June 15, 2012, 07:04:11 pm »

(Oh. Well, Feyri can get the one with the HDDSM then.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: June 16, 2012, 12:08:46 am »

((Grrraaaahhh timezones!))

I'm waiting on Bishop. Go ahead, I'll help him out!
Feyri typed as she waited at the shaft, she had a length of cable just to be sure if the ladder system wasn't going to prove formidable.

Bishop, watch for the cable!

Help our leader and better-than-me-in-the-best-way-possible technician! Then GTFO with him in the lead as I help with the carts!

((I fail in spatial dislocation.))
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 12:15:26 am by Tiruin »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3725 on: June 16, 2012, 12:36:59 am »

Bishop knew he hadn't much time left, they needed to go NOW! As he ran for the elevator back up, he keyed on his radio to Mesk.

"GO GO GO, THE SYSTEM IS REBOOTING SO I HAVE TO TAKE THE LADDER! LOAD THAT THING ASAP AND GET READY TO LEAVE! REBOOT COMPLETE IN 20!"

GET TO DA CHOPPA (shuttle)!!!
You sprint out of the computer room and through the testing chamber, all the way to the elevator platform. Only this platform doesn't have a ladder or cables or anything; no manual way to get up. It's just a 5 by 5 platform driven on rails in the wall and it's not going anywhere with the power out. Oh fuck...

Jim grabbed the cart with his remaining arm and dragged it out as the doors opened. He opened outgoing coms as well and sent a message to Bishop, although he wasn't sure if he would receive it. "Heading to the shuttle now and taking the cart with me. I'll start it up and give you ten minutes to get there before we leave." Next was Feyri. "Come on, Fey! Run for it! Bishop'll get here when he gets here!"
You Grab the cart Mesk and Charro are piled on and make your way toward the shuttle at as fast a run as you manage without toppling the cart. You make it about 2/3 of the way there.

((Grrraaaahhh timezones!))

I'm waiting on Bishop. Go ahead, I'll help him out!
Feyri typed as she waited at the shaft, she had a length of cable just to be sure if the ladder system wasn't going to prove formidable.

Bishop, watch for the cable!

Help our leader and better-than-me-in-the-best-way-possible technician! Then GTFO with him in the lead as I help with the carts!

((I fail in spatial dislocation.))
You wait at the lip of the shaft, cable in hand. But Bishop doesn't show up. You have the distinct feeling that something is wrong.

29 minutes remain.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: June 16, 2012, 12:42:59 am »

((Bishop's heroic sacrifice will be in vain. We may all be reunited in Hell, though.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: June 16, 2012, 12:45:49 am »

Bishop?

Respond!

. . .

Dammit, Jim. Hold the rest, I'm going down after him. Gut feeling says so, and I'd be damned to not follow it.

I'm not leaving anyone behind! Get the HDDSM in there along with the rest, then launch the shuttle at 10...or 5 minutes with or without us.

Feyri Nirel, over and out.

Clamber that ladder down and enter the observation chamber!

Light amps, On. Try to look for Bishop.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3728 on: June 16, 2012, 01:16:05 am »

Bishop?

Respond!

. . .

Dammit, Jim. Hold the rest, I'm going down after him. Gut feeling says so, and I'd be damned to not follow it.

I'm not leaving anyone behind! Get the HDDSM in there along with the rest, then launch the shuttle at 10...or 5 minutes with or without us.

Feyri Nirel, over and out.

Clamber that ladder down and enter the observation chamber!

Light amps, On. Try to look for Bishop.

You turn on your LIGHT LAMPS because LIGHT LAMPS are for darkness while LIGHT AMPS are for low light, and proceed to climb all the way down to the 5th level and out into the observation room. You see light shining up the elevator platform shaft so you run over and look down. Bishop is standing at the bottom of it, looking up.

>Jim, mesk and Charro corpse.

Jim gets the cart with Mesk and Charro in it to the Shuttle and straps them both into stasis pods, starting the stasis processes for them but not himself.

(I'll point out now that if you try to pull him up with that cable, it will be a str check. You'll need a 5 to get him up in one go, but having more then one person pull the line makes it easier because you both have to just roll a combined 5. )

27 minutes remain.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: June 16, 2012, 01:27:54 am »

"God. Damn. It." Jim would have gritted his teeth, were that possible. "Your survival is your own responsibility. I'm not going to risk my life and Mesk's coming after you two, and Charro may still be a candidate for revival if we get back to the Sword fast enough. Sorry, but since those two are in no condition to save themselves I cannot abandon them. If you two are not back by the time the countdown reaches seven minutes, I'm taking off."

Jim prepped the shuttle for launch, but would not do so until seven minutes to impact.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3730 on: June 16, 2012, 01:33:15 am »

"God. Damn. It." Jim would have gritted his teeth, were that possible. "Your survival is your own responsibility. I'm not going to risk my life and Mesk's coming after you two, and Charro may still be a candidate for revival if we get back to the Sword fast enough. Sorry, but since those two are in no condition to save themselves I cannot abandon them. If you two are not back by the time the countdown reaches seven minutes, I'm taking off."

Jim prepped the shuttle for launch, but would not do so until seven minutes to impact.
You kick the empty cart out of the ship and look around for something to do. The ship is on auto so you can't get it ready without activating the launch system and the only thing you can do besides that is put yourself in stasis. Uh...You could get the HDDSM...Or maybe just sit around here like a lemon.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: June 16, 2012, 01:37:00 am »

Jim dragged the HDDSM to the shuttle and looked to see if there was a way to set it to launch on auto at about the time there would be seven minutes to impact. He then waited by the entrance of the shuttle for the missing duo, keeping a careful eye on the clock.

(Scratch that, I'll just request an auto-action to launch at seven minutes left UNLESS, and this is important, I can see Feyri, Bishop, or both heading to the shuttle.)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 08:46:12 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: June 16, 2012, 02:03:15 am »

"Awww, I love you too, Jim!"
Grab Charro's corpse and use it as a puppet.  Ventriloquize "I lubs ya, Jimmy!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: June 16, 2012, 02:56:31 am »

Bishop sighed in relief as he saw the lamps of Feyri peek over the hole. He had never been so glad to be disobeyed.

Thank god. I'm gonna throw up my MBL for you to use as a weight on the cable, then you try to pull me up.

Chuck up my heavy MBL to use as a weight to help hold the cable and then grab the cable and pull myself up. Then get out of dodge!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3734 on: June 16, 2012, 09:50:59 am »

Jim dragged the HDDSM to the shuttle and looked to see if there was a way to set it to launch on auto at about the time there would be seven minutes to impact. He then waited by the entrance of the shuttle for the missing duo, keeping a careful eye on the clock.

(Scratch that, I'll just request an auto-action to launch at seven minutes left UNLESS, and this is important, I can see Feyri, Bishop, or both heading to the shuttle.)
You sprint toward the base, intent on getting the HDDSM back, if nothing else. At least then the mission won't have been completely in vain. (your action is gonna be spread across several turns so that time can keep going right. Otherwise Bishop and Feyri will sit around like a lemon for 5 minutes and this is definitely not the time for that. 

"Awww, I love you too, Jim!"
Grab Charro's corpse and use it as a puppet.  Ventriloquize "I lubs ya, Jimmy!"
You think about desecrating the dead while the stasis pod closes, giggling a bit.

Bishop sighed in relief as he saw the lamps of Feyri peek over the hole. He had never been so glad to be disobeyed.

Thank god. I'm gonna throw up my MBL for you to use as a weight on the cable, then you try to pull me up.

Chuck up my heavy MBL to use as a weight to help hold the cable and then grab the cable and pull myself up. Then get out of dodge!
You attempt to throw the gun you can barely even hold straight up a 30 foot elevator shaft. It gets maybe half a foot beyond your hands before crashing to the ground. Uh.

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 1256