Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938830 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Dream of the River Styx.

Know that I brought my way of passage...somewhere!

((You broke me. Or, you broke the machine. D:))
You approach the boatman.

"Hey Χάρων, whats up?"

"Ίδιο παλιό, ίδια παλιά."

"I feel ya."

Wait...you can't speak Greek...

(THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I GO TO SLEEP! MADNESS ABOUNDS!)

Bishop grinned brightly, he could taste freedom from this rock already. Now he had to make sure to get the HDDSM into the shuttle after it was done and that noone blew the whole place up, and they were home free! Turning around and leaving the computer room his eyes lay upon a sight that struck fear into him.

Jim and a limp Feyri were near the machine's control panel and a probe had entered the strange disk when it hadn't before...

"I just can't leave you people alone, can I? Now I know how the damn computer feels..."

He then calmly tuned the radio to a private channel to him and Mesk as he started moving to the troublesome pair.

"Mesk, listen very carefully to me. Feyri just did something stupid and now I have to fix the situation so I want you to do something for me right now: Shutoff your radio completely, both sending and recieving, until I physically come to you and tell you that it's ok to turn it back on. Whatever you do, DON'T turn it back on until I give the the ok."

He then turned his radio straight to a private channel with Steve.

"Computer, Feyri has been compromised. She might try to send you packages or signals from her suit or try to hack into any of our suits or the communications array so unless you want some funky ass shit coming your way, block all communications except if you recieve one from me that has a 1-2-1 second patterned pulse before it. I've managed to get the data from the secondary computer system and I'm currently downloading the primary system so get ready to warm that shuttle up in 20 minutes.

Now I have to go stop Feyri and possibly Jim from killing us all. Wish me luck Steve."

Shut off my radio completely after warning Mesk to do the same until I physically come to tell him otherwise. Then get my ass over to the console pronto and get both of them out of the room. Then see if I can remove that probe from the disk.
You shut off your radio and sprint to the scaffolding, climbing the ladder two rungs at a time. You reach the top and immediately gesture for Jim to take Feyri away before hunching over the panel and attempting to retract the probe.
[aux:4]
You manage to turn the probe from "Broadcast" to "standby" but it's still buried deep in the disk.

"Alright Bishop, I guess I trust your judgement better than anyone here.  Hey!  How will I know when you're trying to tell me to turn the radio back on?  Charades?"
Radio off, get ready for Bishop to come along and mime turning it back on.
You turn your radio off and continue to lay around, helpfully.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Seeing that Bishop was concerned with the machine, Jim decided to just climb down with Feyri on his shoulder. He was going to take it as slow as possible for safety's sake, however.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Feyri shifted in her position after replying to the boatman. She didn't know Greek, but the conversation felt second nature to her.

Well, that also included her knowledge on short quips in Japanese. The only things she did know was Latin and English. Hmm.

"Est modo tutum, Porthmeus? Sum in terra mortuis? Sum ego mortuus?"

Try to converse in not-greek!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 01:15:52 pm by Tiruin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Bishop waved his hands slightly at the machine helplessly. He didn't know what the hell he was doing here, but he had at least stopped it from broadcasting and the main computer dump was still running and he had fixed the elevator, so things were going somewhat well. It occured to him in the back of his mind that he himself had done most of the important legwork in this mission... He was going to have to remind the computer when they got back.

He had to remind himself to take notice of that key phrase in there... when they got back... Good to know that he still thought positive, so that was something.

Give Jim a hand with getting Feyri upstairs and into the observation room and the hell away from the machine in here. Then mime for him to stay here with her and then head back to the main computer to search for a manual of some sort for the mystery machine. If there was a place to find instructions for it, they would be in there!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Seeing that Bishop was concerned with the machine, Jim decided to just climb down with Feyri on his shoulder. He was going to take it as slow as possible for safety's sake, however.
Bishop waved his hands slightly at the machine helplessly. He didn't know what the hell he was doing here, but he had at least stopped it from broadcasting and the main computer dump was still running and he had fixed the elevator, so things were going somewhat well. It occured to him in the back of his mind that he himself had done most of the important legwork in this mission... He was going to have to remind the computer when they got back.

He had to remind himself to take notice of that key phrase in there... when they got back... Good to know that he still thought positive, so that was something.

Give Jim a hand with getting Feyri upstairs and into the observation room and the hell away from the machine in here. Then mime for him to stay here with her and then head back to the main computer to search for a manual of some sort for the mystery machine. If there was a place to find instructions for it, they would be in there!
Jim and Bishop carefully carry Feyri back down the scaffold and to the elevator. Bishop mimes for jim to take feyri back up and then slaps the up button on the elevator, sending them off without him. He watches the ascend for a moment before running back to the testing chamber and through to the main computer. You search for some sort of instructions regarding the machine. [Aux:5] There's no manual or instructions but you do find an emergency protocol to cut the power to the machine. It's got a fair number of warnings surrounding it though.

Feyri shifted in her position after replying to the boatman. She didn't know Greek, but the conversation felt second nature to her.

Well, that also included her knowledge on short quips in Japanese. The only things she did know was Latin and English. Hmm.

"Est modo tutum, Porthmeus? Sum in terra mortuis? Sum ego mortuus?"

Try to converse in not-greek!
You're about to attempt a conversation when your consciousness suddenly returns.  You find yourself laying atop Jim's shoulder, his arm wrapped around your waist, as the both of you ascend on the elevator platform.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Read all the warnings. If I do this thing, I need to know what might happen if I shut it off.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Engage in verbal communication by body language, tap the robot to ascertain my living-ness.

"Huh what ju- Oh hi Jim! What are we all going about?"

Feyri blinked and angled her head to face the man. It took quite a few seconds for her to remember that comms were switched off in the 'outgoing' portion. Other than turn them on, she also remembered what she said earlier and decided to tell them 'Hey, I'm alive?'

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim would have turned his head to look at Feyri, had he still possessed one. There wasn't much he could do with only one arm to respond back, so he just patted her on the back to let her know he'd noticed her tapping on his frame. He wasn't turning his coms back on -incoming or outgoing- just yet for safety's sake. While he was already moving about, he adjusted her on his shoulder.

Once the elevator stops, carry Feyri over to Charro and set her down. Just in case, prevent her from going back down by standing in front of the elevator shaft.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Read all the warnings. If I do this thing, I need to know what might happen if I shut it off.
The warnings make reference to the danger of turning off the machine unexpectedly, because it may result in "The sudden and violent collapse of the Dirac Sea resulting in mass spacial distortion". It warns that steps should be taken to slowly power off the machine once all probes have been removed.

Engage in verbal communication by body language, tap the robot to ascertain my living-ness.

"Huh what ju- Oh hi Jim! What are we all going about?"

Feyri blinked and angled her head to face the man. It took quite a few seconds for her to remember that comms were switched off in the 'outgoing' portion. Other than turn them on, she also remembered what she said earlier and decided to tell them 'Hey, I'm alive?'

You poke at Jim's melted neck stump thing. Yeah, he seems real enough. You attempt to communicate with him move the coms but an error message pops up informing you that he's turned off his coms. 

Jim would have turned his head to look at Feyri, had he still possessed one. There wasn't much he could do with only one arm to respond back, so he just patted her on the back to let her know he'd noticed her tapping on his frame. He wasn't turning his coms back on -incoming or outgoing- just yet for safety's sake. While he was already moving about, he adjusted her on his shoulder.

Once the elevator stops, carry Feyri over to Charro and set her down. Just in case, prevent her from going back down by standing in front of the elevator shaft.
You carry Feyri over to the corpse and flop her down against the wall next to Charro before walking back over to the elevator and standing in front of it like a bouncer.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stand up and...examine area, Jim, Charro and Bishop

Wave to Bishop while finding something to cover the elevator hole in the current vicinity.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:26:38 am by Tiruin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"The hell is a Dirac Sea?"

Ok, read on how remove the probes and how to power down the machine slowly.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The hell is a Dirac Sea?"
((Try Evangelion.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Did I get the disc?  :D))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Nope! :3)

Jim waited for a few minutes, keeping a careful guard on the elevator.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

((I think that it's a portal to another dimension and not a physical object, so I don't think you can just grab it and take it with you...))
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 1256