Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938105 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Darnit! I really wanted to take something worthwhile as my character has been a useless guardian so far D:))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Don't worry, you'll still be paid. Just not nearly as much as someone who takes back an artifact.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

((Where as I have been hauling all our asses through this mission with the help of a mad cyborg, while enduring the horrible medical practices of Mesk, the worst medic ever.

If you really want to take something, try finding some loot? This is a research base of some kind, so there must be something valuable lying around somewhere! While you're looking, you might want to keep a eye out for something to cover the big hole in the floor of the elevator so we can get the HDDSM out of here without putting it on the roof of the elevator.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Don't worry, you'll still be paid. Just not nearly as much as someone who takes back an artifact.))
((I roll my eyes and look at Faith and Milno in the first mission.))

((Where as I have been hauling all our asses through this mission with the help of a mad cyborg, while enduring the horrible medical practices of Mesk, the worst medic ever.

If you really want to take something, try finding some loot? This is a research base of some kind, so there must be something valuable lying around somewhere! While you're looking, you might want to keep a eye out for something to cover the big hole in the floor of the elevator so we can get the HDDSM out of here without putting it on the roof of the elevator.))
((All I find are datapads with sciency things Feyri can't understand and condoms D:))

Edited action.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

(Hey!  I'm not the worst medic ever!  I'm just best-impaired.
Will I get tokens for the medical records I found?)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Those are cage match videos.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((All I find are datapads with sciency things Feyri can't understand and condoms D:))
((...At least she can understand condoms?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Stand up and...examine area, Jim, Charro and Bishop

Wave to Bishop while finding something to cover the elevator hole in the current vicinity.

Well, Bishop is down stairs, so good luck with that.

You stand up and look around. The observation room is the exact same as when you left it. Jim is also the same half melted, one armed mess you last saw him as. And Charro is just as silent as ever. As per something to cover the hole in the elevator, you can't see anything like that around here.

"The hell is a Dirac Sea?"

Ok, read on how remove the probes and how to power down the machine slowly.
The computer doesn't seem to have any instructions regarding how to remove the probes or what it means by powering it down slowly. Huh.

((I think that it's a portal to another dimension and not a physical object, so I don't think you can just grab it and take it with you...))
The other relevant datapad contains information about the experiments taking place in the base. It's mostly just more of the same obtuse stuff, physics equations and technobabble. It does refer to "the puddle" as being an area where conventional physics and even the concepts of how the universe works break down. It also takes great pains to make it clear that "the puddle" is not a "Portal or doorway" but "a self contained space of disproportionate external and internal space."

The ones you found in the infirmary? Yeah, a token or so. Datapads aren't worth much. It's the HDDSM thats gonna be the real money maker.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

((My bad on the portal part. I forgot about that bit. So it's not a portal, just a region of space in the universe where shit is seriously fucked up. Feyri still cannot put it in her backpack.))

"That doesn't make any sense at all! Why would there be instructions on the emergency shutdown saying that it's better to slowly shut the machine down, but nothing on how to use the machine itself?"

Confusion coursed through his mind as he struggled to fit the pieces together.

"Ok... Stick to the facts. Why wouldn't there be instructions to the machine in the main computer system?"

He remembered everything he could that he had learned about what happened on this rock, mind straining to pierce through the still lingering haze from the near overdose of painkillers that Mesk gave him.

A base that's gone into quarrantine... A sound that drives people and cyborgs mad and infects computers... Everyone dying from what looks like decompression... A lone dead man in a suit by the transmitter without his helmet on... Base power generator shut down... People imagining things that weren't real... The machine and the strange black disc... The strange hesitation from Jim about what he did with Feyri... Feyri putting a probe into the disc and then loosing it...

It just didn't make much sense... The only real reason that the machines instructions wouldn't be here is that the soundfile that caused the madness somehow got into the computer system, but if that was correct then why were only the machine instructions gone and everything else was intact and functioning? He couldn't make sense of it at all... He must be missing something... Some kind of information that was left out or not found... But where?

Give up for now and go back upstairs and check on how Feyri is handling things by miming my question to her. Make sure that Charro is really dead, if only to make sure that she isn't getting to me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Curious.

Answer Bishop in the most comprehensible way ever, without using my Sabre.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((My bad on the portal part. I forgot about that bit. So it's not a portal, just a region of space in the universe where shit is seriously fucked up. Feyri still cannot put it in her backpack.))

"That doesn't make any sense at all! Why would there be instructions on the emergency shutdown saying that it's better to slowly shut the machine down, but nothing on how to use the machine itself?"

Confusion coursed through his mind as he struggled to fit the pieces together.

"Ok... Stick to the facts. Why wouldn't there be instructions to the machine in the main computer system?"

He remembered everything he could that he had learned about what happened on this rock, mind straining to pierce through the still lingering haze from the near overdose of painkillers that Mesk gave him.

A base that's gone into quarrantine... A sound that drives people and cyborgs mad and infects computers... Everyone dying from what looks like decompression... A lone dead man in a suit by the transmitter without his helmet on... Base power generator shut down... People imagining things that weren't real... The machine and the strange black disc... The strange hesitation from Jim about what he did with Feyri... Feyri putting a probe into the disc and then loosing it...

It just didn't make much sense... The only real reason that the machines instructions wouldn't be here is that the soundfile that caused the madness somehow got into the computer system, but if that was correct then why were only the machine instructions gone and everything else was intact and functioning? He couldn't make sense of it at all... He must be missing something... Some kind of information that was left out or not found... But where?

Give up for now and go back upstairs and check on how Feyri is handling things by miming my question to her. Make sure that Charro is really dead, if only to make sure that she isn't getting to me.
You head up stairs and check on charro before miming a question to Feyri. Yeah, he's definitely dead.

Curious.

Answer Bishop in the most comprehensible way ever, without using my Sabre.

The most comprehensible way ever? Oh, that requires a roll.
[Int: 1]

You attempt to pantomime the complex medley of feelings that are now gurgling through your brain. You do this via a combination of pelvic thrusting, obscene gestures, and break dancing.

Bishop stares at you blankly. 

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim would have raised an eyebrow, had he still had one on the head he didn't have either. What the hell was Feyri doing? He walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder to try and calm her down before looking around for something to fix the elevator with himself.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Jim would have raised an eyebrow, had he still had one on the head he didn't have either. What the hell was Feyri doing? He walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder to try and calm her down before looking around for something to fix the elevator with himself.
You wanna look for something in the room that feyri just searched or would you like to look elsewhere?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Start there, then go upstairs to manufacturing if I don't find anything. I believe Tiruin rolled a 1, so it's possible Feyri just didn't see anything.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 3: Breakdance your feelings away
« Reply #3659 on: June 13, 2012, 12:56:29 am »

"What... I don't even..."

She's definately lost it. He was sure of that now. If she was unstable before, she's definately gone over the edge since then. Bishop shrugged helplessly and decided to just go with it and focus on other things. Since Charro was now dead, he wasn't going to need those things of his, and he wouldn't trust either Jim or Feyri with Charro's gear, and Mesk was crippled, so he figured he might as well take a look at what he picked up.

Search Charro's body for stuff, making sure to eject the laser rifle battery, and then take everything he's got. Make sure to also take the chips that he's collected from the datapad's he's found and have a quick look at each of them.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 1256