Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937457 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Still here, Fey. I'm just considering the feasibility of trying to get a spool of cable up to the top floor so we can use it to rappel up and down the elevator shaft," Jim responded.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Bishop shrugged as he took out the tools. Slicing through the door would be a last resort, the base probably thought of that sort of thing for protecting the main computer anyway. The panel was his main way to get past.

Bypass the panel locking device and pulse the lock circut to unlock and open the door!
[Aux:3] You pry the panel open and start digging away in the innards of the machine, jabbing at circuitry with various probes. You can't quite get it open, but you don't damage the machine either, so you could probably try again.

"Think I should check that disk out? It's just there, motionless. Probably exotic technology, not of our make.

Mesk, stay steady there. Don't try to get yourself killed. Jim, respond, please.

Charro, glad to know you're still with us in spirit."

Examine Bishop, but keep an eye on that disk. It is mocking me. Being motionless and all.
You look at Bishop. He looks normal enough, except for that whole weird white noise after image that keeps following him around. Wait...it's not an after image...it's moving on it's own. It's just following bishop around. Thats...different.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Sighing in frustration, Bishop takes a quick look to check on Feyri and sees that she's looking at him funny.

"What? Something on my back?"

Ask Steve if he has schematics to this door's security and locking system, then try again.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Sighing in frustration, Bishop takes a quick look to check on Feyri and sees that she's looking at him funny.

Ask Steve if he has schematics to this door's security and locking system, then try again.
You wait for several minutes as your message reaches steve and then heads back. Another packet of data comes with it, specifically one detailing the circuitry inside the door. Ahh, helpful.

[aux:4+1]

You dig back into the circuitry and find the lock circuit highlighted in the data; a quick burst of current from your probe and the door hisses open without hesitation. Beyond it is a dark hall, the end of which you can't see.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"Hehehe... Open sesame..."

Bishop stands up and does a quick arm flex at Feyri.

"Heh, now that the doors open, let's take a looksee..."

Lamps on and shine them in from the door to check the end of the room. Take a good search around the walls and roof near the door for any tripwires, lazer tripbeams, motion sensors, cameras or automated defenses. Infact, while I'm manually searching ask Steve if he's got any schematics on the main computer room and the computer itself and thank him for the last package.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Feyri stood still, keeping an eye on that figure. Was it a...ghost? Surely it must be one, for nothing organic could live in a vacuum.

Bishop has noticed her expression through his HUD. She just stood in place, and glanced quickly at the disk.

"Y-you've g-got a s-sp-sp..."

Somehow, she felt fear upon seeing the thing. It prevented her from speaking, and it reflected in her tone.

"...spirit at your back."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Hehehe... Open sesame..."

Bishop stands up and does a quick arm flex at Feyri.

"Heh, now that the doors open, let's take a looksee..."

Lamps on and shine them in from the door to check the end of the room. Take a good search around the walls and roof near the door for any tripwires, lazer tripbeams, motion sensors, cameras or automated defenses. Infact, while I'm manually searching ask Steve if he's got any schematics on the main computer room and the computer itself and thank him for the last package.
You activate your lamps and shine them in, scanning the darkness of the corridor for any sort of traps, motion sensors, or other methods by which a nasty surprise could overtake you. You can't see anything in particular, the hall seems perfectly smooth, like the test chamber, and leads to what looks like a great black monolith in the center of a small room. The monolith is standing on a bed of cables which run from its base and vanish straight into the wall.

>Nothing beyond that map.

Feyri stood still, keeping an eye on that figure. Was it a...ghost? Surely it must be one, for nothing organic could live in a vacuum.

Bishop has noticed her expression through his HUD. She just stood in place, and glanced quickly at the disk.

"Y-you've g-got a s-sp-sp..."

Somehow, she felt fear upon seeing the thing. It prevented her from speaking, and it reflected in her tone.

"...spirit at your back."
The disk hasn't changed in the slightest.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Bishop gave a 'orly' look at Feyri and looked behind him before heading inside.

Check behind me for this... spirit thing that's she's on about and then cautiously proceed into the computer room and check out the computer more closely.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, it's not...malevolent, if that makes you feel better...I guess," Feyri said upon seeing Bishop's face. She moved in the Main Computer room along with him, confident to activate her own light amps without blinding herself, and examines the ceiling and floors, anything that looks useful and Bishop.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@Tiruin:
-Light amps: Amplifies the light, you'll be blinded because Bishop turned his lamps on.
-Lamps: Head lamps built into the suit. They light the area...you know.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((. . .

I hate my comprehension on these high-tech gadgets.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Bishop gave a 'orly' look at Feyri and looked behind him before heading inside.

Check behind me for this... spirit thing that's she's on about and then cautiously proceed into the computer room and check out the computer more closely.
You quickly check over your shoulder to make sure that there is, in fact, no ghost hanging around behind you. Unsurprisingly you see nothing so you head into the computer room. The black monolith is indeed the main computer, a strange multi-tiered thing that looks like it's designed to collapse into a more compact design when not being manually accessed. There are several access points that would let you get at both the raw circuits as well as a control panel.

The speakers in your helmet pipe in a cheery ding as the progress bar on your wristpad reaches 100%.

"Well, it's not...malevolent, if that makes you feel better...I guess," Feyri said upon seeing Bishop's face. She moved in the Main Computer room along with him, confident to activate her own light amps without blinding herself, and examines the ceiling and floors, anything that looks useful and Bishop.
You follow bishop down the hall and activate your light amps as bishop sweeps his lamps around. Everything works fine until he happens to sweep his lamps near you and blind you for the umpteenth time. Once the haze clears you take a look around at the ceiling and the floor. They're smooth,featureless and completely uninteresting, save for the bundles of cable that run from the computer into the walls.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I told you, blinded again. Feyri's obliviousness will get her killed. :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I should really get an optometrist after this...

I'll keep watch, Bishop. You handle the download, or upload. Hand me that Advanced Kit, just for emergencies."

Check if computer is online or receiving power. Nope.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:39:20 pm by Tiruin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Clapping his hands together is happiness, Bishop was quite pleased at their progress to getting off this rock.

"Jim, the download has finished. I'll be right up in a bit after I take a look at the computer. See if you can find a trolley of some kind to put Mesk on so we can wheel him around, or find something that we can use to replace the elevator floor with, preferably both. In the meantime, let down a cable for us to tie Mesk and Charro around with so you can pull them up.

Feyri, for a start, don't touch the main computer. I can't have you screwing things up like with that machine back there. Instead, can you go get Mesk and Charro up that shaft to the 4th floor? I'll be right behind you after I'm done here. And leave the kit, I'll make better use of it than you will."

Activate the control panel and take a look at the inner programs of the main computer. Don't run anything, just take a look and see what I might be able to do. Search for a way to unlock the elevator, but don't do anything!
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 1256