Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938888 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: More mindf***ing goodness.
« Reply #3120 on: May 25, 2012, 08:28:46 pm »

(Well I would think that painkillers made for the suit would be injected rather than be in pill form...)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: May 25, 2012, 08:29:31 pm »

(He grabbed onto the ladder and wrecked his arm.)

(One of them, yeah. The one that's holding on. With my other arm I attempted to catch somebody, but my action got ignored. :-\)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: May 25, 2012, 08:31:36 pm »

Charro stares blankly at the pillbottle in his hand, then looks at Bishop. "Shut up! This hurts, okay! I think I sprained my ankle a little. Where are we, anyway?"
He frowns, and turns gingerly around to observe the surroundings. He leans heavily on the wall as he tries to put aside the pain from his ankle.

>Inspect the surroundings! Wear a game face!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: May 25, 2012, 08:34:49 pm »

Jim cursed and grabbed the ladder with his good arm, then tried to make his way to the closest landing and get in the door - melting it if necessary. Once inside, he planned to check his arm and see if he could fix it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: May 25, 2012, 08:38:47 pm »

Bishop looked blankly at Charro for a moment before replying.

"If I were to hazard a guess... I would say we are on the fifth floor. Duh."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: May 25, 2012, 09:01:42 pm »

"Putting too much 'floor' in fifth floor, don't you think?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: May 25, 2012, 09:43:31 pm »

Bishop looked at the floor underneath him for a moment before looking back up again.

"Huh?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: May 26, 2012, 12:26:47 am »

[Dex:3] You kick your feet out and into the wall and push yourself toward the opposite wall. You drift towards the wall but can't quite get any more then a finger tip grab on the rushing pipes. [dex:6][str:5][end:5] You manage to jam your hand into the gap between two pipes, dislocating your shoulder but arresting your fall.

((I get good rolls, which could be used to save lives, and I still dislocate my shoulder?  :o

Fate seems to want to kill me...))

Feyri grimaced as the pain in her shoulder receded. A dislocated shoulder hurt, but was more of an annoyance than an injury and she was glad that the sudden drop didn't decide to overtly kill her.

Well, she hoped the other three were alright.

"Bishop, Charro, Mesk. Sound off if you're still alive! Do not make sounds of cracking bones." She looked up. "Jim, are you alright?"

The sudden predicament made her forget what she was supposed to say, if they hadn't fallen, and her built up rage, at the discipline of the rest.

Affirm support, get at least three of my four appendages into any foot/hand holds on the wall.

Look for available footholds and handholds to climb down, or a cable to aid in abseiling down to whatever level we were supposed to go to.

The fifth one, or if not, the one where everyone generally is located at. At an isometric angle.

"Also, could anyone check my shoulder? I think it just received asthma."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: May 26, 2012, 12:39:33 am »

"I'm here, but what is 'here' in philosophical terms? We do really exist at all anymore? Does 'here' have any meaning? What is meaning maaaan? Totally deep dude..."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: May 26, 2012, 01:20:10 am »

"Try turning on your light amps and look around! It's pretty dark, and I'm sure my light amps are on."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: May 26, 2012, 01:33:48 am »

"Yeah, I just popped my leg.  I just need to fix myself before I get to you."
Light amps on!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: May 26, 2012, 01:41:55 am »

(I'm pretty sure you guys are on the bottom floor. I'm not sure where Tiruin and I are in relation to you, except I think I'm above him since I caught onto something before everyone else. I imagine I'm around the fourth floor and Tiruin's at the fifth, but we'll have to wait for PW's ruling to know for certain.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3132 on: May 26, 2012, 01:56:17 am »

[/quote]
OBJECTION! I have my painkiller bonus (+1 to endurance rolls)! Whar is mah bonus?
Your head was clearing up remember? Losing that bonus. Plus that would only help for shrugging off pain, not tanking a blow.

Pop my leg back in.  Once that's done, work on Charro, Feyri, and Bishop, in that order.
(What happened to Jim?)
[Med: 5+1] You jam your leg back into place and suddenly the pain is multiplied 10 fold. [end:1+1]  OH SWEET PINCHED NERVE OF INFINITE AGONY! You manage not to pass out but you're not going anywhere like this.

"Agh! Oh, pain. That always worked in the movies..."
Charro grimaced, leaning against a wall as he fumbled around in his backpack for those bottles of pills.
"Time to self-medicate, I suppose... Damnit." He muttered to himself through gritted teeth, squinting at the labels on the bottles through a haze of pain.

>Dig into my newly-acquired supply of anaesthetics, try and work out just what they are.
You activate your head lamp and start looking through the pills you grabbed. Uh, lets see...Pain killer, anti-depressant, pain killer, anti-psychotic, pain killer, Anti-anxiety, pain killer...Yeah, looks like a lot of pain killers, varying in strength from "mild" to "Horse".

(He grabbed onto the ladder and wrecked his arm.)

(One of them, yeah. The one that's holding on. With my other arm I attempted to catch somebody, but my action got ignored. :-\)
I see you edited that post back there. Thats probably why I missed it. Sorry about that.

Charro stares blankly at the pillbottle in his hand, then looks at Bishop. "Shut up! This hurts, okay! I think I sprained my ankle a little. Where are we, anyway?"
He frowns, and turns gingerly around to observe the surroundings. He leans heavily on the wall as he tries to put aside the pain from his ankle.

>Inspect the surroundings! Wear a game face!
You look around. You're at the bottom of the shaft, in what seems to be a shallow pit. The door to the fifth level is a few feet up on the wall and the elevator hangs far above you, the molten floor still glowing in the darkness. Mesk and Bishop are down here with you and Feyri and Jim are high above you, clinging to the wall.

Jim cursed and grabbed the ladder with his good arm, then tried to make his way to the closest landing and get in the door - melting it if necessary. Once inside, he planned to check his arm and see if he could fix it.
You swing your good hand up and grab the ladder, releasing the joint locks on your damaged arm at the same time. You carefully make your way down to the ground where the rest of the people landed, your arm hanging limply at your side. After crossing the room, stepping over Mesk as he writhes in pain, you pull yourself up onto the slight ridge next to the door and attempt to melt it. [Exotic:2+1+1] You manage to melt a manhole sized hole in the door and pull yourself through.

The room beyond the door looks like a control room of some kind, a wall of monitors on the opposite wall and banks of computers along either side. In the far corner of the room is a small elevator platform.

You take a look at your arm: [aux: 4] Looks like the elbow joint was wrenched backwards and broken. Might be able to jury rig a fix, but probably not gonna be able to fix it very well.

[Dex:3] You kick your feet out and into the wall and push yourself toward the opposite wall. You drift towards the wall but can't quite get any more then a finger tip grab on the rushing pipes. [dex:6][str:5][end:5] You manage to jam your hand into the gap between two pipes, dislocating your shoulder but arresting your fall.

((I get good rolls, which could be used to save lives, and I still dislocate my shoulder?  :o

Fate seems to want to kill me...))

Feyri grimaced as the pain in her shoulder receded. A dislocated shoulder hurt, but was more of an annoyance than an injury and she was glad that the sudden drop didn't decide to overtly kill her.

Well, she hoped the other three were alright.

"Bishop, Charro, Mesk. Sound off if you're still alive! Do not make sounds of cracking bones." She looked up. "Jim, are you alright?"

The sudden predicament made her forget what she was supposed to say, if they hadn't fallen, and her built up rage, at the discipline of the rest.

Affirm support, get at least three of my four appendages into any foot/hand holds on the wall.

Look for available footholds and handholds to climb down, or a cable to aid in abseiling down to whatever level we were supposed to go to.

The fifth one, or if not, the one where everyone generally is located at. At an isometric angle.

"Also, could anyone check my shoulder? I think it just received asthma."
You swing around and find some hand holds before starting to climb down, your dead arm not helping anything. [dex:1+1] You make it a few feet down before you suddenly lose your grip and fall the remaining 20 or so feet to the ground. Luckily the low gravity renders the fall harmless.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: May 26, 2012, 02:01:53 am »

((Horse painkillers.  :o. We don't even have any animals on ship.

And, yay! Bad roll means life!

Wait...))

Examine my surroundings. Prepare for anything that wants to attack me.

Look for a way back to the other people.

Feyri pushed herself up with her good arm, which level was she on again?

"Jim? Mesk? Anyone here?

And can someone help fix my arm? It's dying of asphyxiation."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: May 26, 2012, 02:02:31 am »

"Aaaaaagh!  Shitshitshit!  Bishop, hand me a painkiller, quick, please!"
Take a painkiller without waiting for an answer.  Pop it in my suit.
"Urgh.  Feyri, we're here, don't worry.  Let's get some light on."
Light amps on.  Again.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 1256