Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938453 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: More mindf***ing goodness.
« Reply #3135 on: May 26, 2012, 02:05:08 am »

Jim activated his lamps and looked around for thirty seconds, then cycled to motion and looked for thirty seconds, then cycled to thermal for thirty, and finally x-ray for thirty before turning back to normal.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: May 26, 2012, 02:19:41 am »

((And then the whole bottom floor is filled with bodies.  :P))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: May 26, 2012, 02:35:26 am »

((And we know what Jim does to floors filled with bodies. :3))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: May 26, 2012, 02:48:05 am »

(Yeah. I hack 'em apart and melt them. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: May 26, 2012, 06:24:48 am »

Bishop made to walk to Mesk but found he could only shuffle. The good news was that the pain was helping him to clear his head.

"Ugh, having' some problems walking properly right now. Still, I think I'm coming back down... Mesk, what did you give me back up there?"

Having a bad feeling for some reason about Mesk, he decides to go help Charro instead, shuffling his way over and carefully offering a hand to him.

"How bad are you hurt? Need a hand? Just don't lean on me too much, I think I threw my back."

Lamps on. Help Charro to his feet careful of my back, and then lead him over to Mesk. Make sure he doesn't overdoes himself like an idiot.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: May 26, 2012, 07:44:11 am »

((I get good rolls, which could be used to save lives, and I still dislocate my shoulder?  :o

Fate seems to want to kill me...))
((Stop complaining. In the first mission, a [6] dex roll got Milno crashing against a wall and also dislocated his shoulder, and he was only dodging. You are damn lucky because you blew your first dex roll and just got a very minor injury (for the HMRC) and you'll accept it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: May 26, 2012, 08:26:06 am »

"I should be fine." Charro gritted his teeth, although he grudgingly accepts Bishop's aid. "I'm more concerned with just how we're getting back up. Anyone remember seeing 'stairwell access' mentioned anywhere?" He leant on Bishop as he unscrewed one of the less risky-looking pill bottles.

>Pop a couple of mild painkillers, using whatever the normal method is for ingesting these things whilst in a protective suit.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3142 on: May 26, 2012, 03:44:24 pm »

((Horse painkillers.  :o. We don't even have any animals on ship.

And, yay! Bad roll means life!

Wait...))

Examine my surroundings. Prepare for anything that wants to attack me.

Look for a way back to the other people.

Feyri pushed herself up with her good arm, which level was she on again?

"Jim? Mesk? Anyone here?

And can someone help fix my arm? It's dying of asphyxiation."

You look around. Mesk, Charro and bishop are all sitting or laying around at the bottom of the pit with you and Jim seems to have disappeared through the hole he melted in fifth floor elevator door. Other then that, this seems like a fairly ordinary metal walled shaft buried in the middle of an alien moon a million miles past the ass end of nowhere.

"Aaaaaagh!  Shitshitshit!  Bishop, hand me a painkiller, quick, please!"
Take a painkiller without waiting for an answer.  Pop it in my suit.
"Urgh.  Feyri, we're here, don't worry.  Let's get some light on."
Light amps on.  Again.
[Med:4] You dig into your advanced kit and grab a painkiller capsule, slipping it into the suit's medical slot.  The pain in your leg begins to subside but doesn't vanish entirely. You're gonna have a limp till you get this fixed, but at least you can walk.

Jim activated his lamps and looked around for thirty seconds, then cycled to motion and looked for thirty seconds, then cycled to thermal for thirty, and finally x-ray for thirty before turning back to normal.
You look around for a bit and then, seeing nothing, attempt to switch to your next vision mode. Nothing happens. You try again and an error message pops up.

CAMEYE SYSTEMS OFFLINE. SECONDARY CAMERA IN USE.

Oh well thats just great. Well, time to go kill mesk. That will make you feel better.

...Why did you just think that?

Bishop made to walk to Mesk but found he could only shuffle. The good news was that the pain was helping him to clear his head.

"Ugh, having' some problems walking properly right now. Still, I think I'm coming back down... Mesk, what did you give me back up there?"

Having a bad feeling for some reason about Mesk, he decides to go help Charro instead, shuffling his way over and carefully offering a hand to him.

"How bad are you hurt? Need a hand? Just don't lean on me too much, I think I threw my back."

Lamps on. Help Charro to his feet careful of my back, and then lead him over to Mesk. Make sure he doesn't overdoes himself like an idiot.
[end:5] You help Charro to his feet as best he can and walk him over toward Mesk, intent on helping him get some real medical aid rather then leaving him to self medicate. As you walk together you notice him grabbing a handful of pills and going to stuff them in his suit. [Dex:2] You attempt to slap them away but miss his hand entirely.
"I should be fine." Charro gritted his teeth, although he grudgingly accepts Bishop's aid. "I'm more concerned with just how we're getting back up. Anyone remember seeing 'stairwell access' mentioned anywhere?" He leant on Bishop as he unscrewed one of the less risky-looking pill bottles.

>Pop a couple of mild painkillers, using whatever the normal method is for ingesting these things whilst in a protective suit.
[Med:2-1] You take a few bottles of pills, open them, dump them into your palm and shake them up into a painkiller trail mix.

"Fuck you pain, how do you like being kicked right in your stupid face?!"

You crush the pills into a lump and jam them into the suit's medical port. Yeah, that will fix...oh, wait. [End:1-1] You'd probably feel very foolish if you weren't so busy foaming from the mouth and being unconscious.

(You are unconscious)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: May 26, 2012, 04:03:23 pm »

"Um... that could be a problem."
Pop Feyri's arm back in, then limp over to Charro and see what I can do for him without taking him out of the suit.
"I can't wait for this mission to be over."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: May 26, 2012, 04:24:03 pm »

Support allies by helping to carry them.

Find entrance to open.

"Jim! Are you alright? Mesk is having trouble with the other two. Effects of medical overdose!

We might need some assistance down here. Charro just took the black plague by the groin!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: May 26, 2012, 04:34:58 pm »

Wait. In use? Secondary cameras are... in... use... "Steve! That virus you were infected with, what did it try to take over first? Was it the cameras?" Jim asked, worried, as he continued to look around.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: May 26, 2012, 06:11:16 pm »

"And to think that I was starting to like him... And then he does something as stupid as self-medicating with decade old painkillers."

Bishop promptly dumps him off his shoulder and shakes his head.

"We might have to leave him for a bit and come back. Mesk, can you do something about my back?"

Ponder intelligence of teammates. Wait for treatment by Mesk and keep an eye out for trouble.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: May 26, 2012, 07:08:22 pm »

>Hallucinate about honey-white rainbow cats what float through the sky on silver-blue leaves and dance in the shiny rain of the obesity hovercraft dongrels.

((...Whups. A bit more than 'two mild painkillers'! :-X))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: May 26, 2012, 07:11:15 pm »

((See? The medical port and pills combination worked. He just got a little enthusiastic about the amount of drugs.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: May 26, 2012, 07:17:55 pm »

(Yeah, but I dout that ingesting decade old painkillers was a smart idea.)
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 1256