Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939411 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: More mindf***ing goodness.
« Reply #3105 on: May 25, 2012, 05:38:06 pm »

(Eh, it seems that no one else cares to vote, so I say screw it, let's just keep rolling with this situation. :\)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: May 25, 2012, 05:54:09 pm »

(I don't like the idea of retconning, but we'll probably end up dead otherwise, so it's a *shrug* from me.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: May 25, 2012, 05:56:19 pm »

((I'd say no matter the outcome, the scene will lose some momentum. The party being severely injured because a player forgot to strikethrough an obviously dangerous action while his character is acting like a paranoid heroin-addict veteran from the vietnam war is not nice, but on the other side none of the teammates complained about the aforementioned obviously dangerous action.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: May 25, 2012, 05:57:26 pm »

(True. Anyway, we have three 'meh's now so the majority decision seems to be leave it as-is.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: May 25, 2012, 06:42:53 pm »

((Plus, kind of an unpleasant precedent regarding wait no oops let me redo that. :-\))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: May 25, 2012, 06:50:50 pm »

((Plus, kind of an unpleasant precedent regarding wait no oops let me redo that. :-\))
((Well, as I said, no one tried to poke SeriousConcentrate about the action. Therefore they kind of accepted it by staying silent. Let's keep the freefall going, I don't think they'll all die anywyay. Maybe just some broken limbs and necks.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: May 25, 2012, 07:00:01 pm »

((Welp. We're dead. Even if we survive the fall, if we get a puncture or rupture in our suits, we're dead AGAIN. I'm in favor of retconning but if everyone else says otherwise then it's alright by me.))

Slow my fall however I can! If I can't reach anything, flip onto my back and go completely limp for the impact.

((The human body is amazingly tough, and if you go completely limp so your whole body absorbs an impact, you can survive a fall when going at 30 km/hr without a single broken bone due to how the body is designed and the nature of bone. Pretty cool, huh? Happened to a dude that once got picked up by a tornado, he got up and walked away afterwards.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3112 on: May 25, 2012, 07:59:57 pm »

Feyri stifled a scream as the hole widened. Soon, she couldn't feel the floor that she would've gladly struck with her sabre - if the situation did complicate further.

She tried to kick off from the adjoining wall in aiming herself to 'fall' towards the shaft wall. A maintenance ladder or a hanging cable would suffice as a target.

She hoped everyone would make it from this spurt of intelligence that Jim thought to make.

"Mesk, grab onto the walls! Or grab onto anyone for that matter!"
[Dex:3] You kick your feet out and into the wall and push yourself toward the opposite wall. You drift towards the wall but can't quite get any more then a finger tip grab on the rushing pipes. [dex:6][str:5][end:5] You manage to jam your hand into the gap between two pipes, dislocating your shoulder but arresting your fall.

"Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiii--"
Charro's eyes bugged out of his head as everything suddenly plunged downwards, his rifle dropping from his fingers as he grabbed for any handholds, anything to save him from falling horribly to his death. His panicked mind raced and he saw Jim, the main danger to everyone, the cause of all this, managing to stop his own fall...

>Grab onto Jim's foot to save myself! Then try and grab Mesk by the arm/collar, trying to save him, as well.

((Retcon? *shrug* Up to you guys.))
[dex:2] You completely miss Jim's foot and continue to plunge down into the darkness. [Dex:6][end:5-1] You land flatly on both feet and then crumple to the ground as your left ankle breaks. [end:6-1] You pop back up an instant later, limping but otherwise fine.

Flap arms ineffectually.  Attempt to grab something to slow my fall.  Scream incoherently at Jim.
[Dex:6][str:4-1] You get your hand around a conduit and slow yourself down a bit but it's torn out of your grip a moment later. [dex:4][end:4] You land on your knees and grunt as your leg dislocates from your hip. [end:4] You groan, roll over and drag yourself to one wall, propping yourself up and waiting for the pain to subside.

((Welp. We're dead. Even if we survive the fall, if we get a puncture or rupture in our suits, we're dead AGAIN. I'm in favor of retconning but if everyone else says otherwise then it's alright by me.))

Slow my fall however I can! If I can't reach anything, flip onto my back and go completely limp for the impact.

((The human body is amazingly tough, and if you go completely limp so your whole body absorbs an impact, you can survive a fall when going at 30 km/hr without a single broken bone due to how the body is designed and the nature of bone. Pretty cool, huh? Happened to a dude that once got picked up by a tornado, he got up and walked away afterwards.))
[Dex:2] You claw at the walls but can't manage to get hold. [Dex:4] You try to flip onto your back and land flat, but end up landing more on your back then anything else. [end:6] You grunt as their air is knocked out of your lungs but then immediately roll onto your feet and stand up, jerking your hands into the air. You scream "WHO'S THE KIN-" and then grunt as you throw out your back. [end:2] You moan and double over, shuffling forward. "This does not make me any less of the king."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: May 25, 2012, 08:05:16 pm »

OBJECTION! I have my painkiller bonus (+1 to endurance rolls)! Whar is mah bonus?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: May 25, 2012, 08:07:40 pm »

Pop my leg back in.  Once that's done, diagnose the others and work on them in order of severity.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 01:35:49 am by Remalle »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: May 25, 2012, 08:08:50 pm »

(And did I not manage to catch anyone? ninja'd)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: May 25, 2012, 08:09:14 pm »

(He grabbed onto the ladder and wrecked his arm.)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: May 25, 2012, 08:16:50 pm »

"Agh! Oh, pain. That always worked in the movies..."
Charro grimaced, leaning against a wall as he fumbled around in his backpack for those bottles of pills.
"Time to self-medicate, I suppose... Damnit." He muttered to himself through gritted teeth, squinting at the labels on the bottles through a haze of pain.

>Dig into my newly-acquired supply of anaesthetics, try and work out just what they are.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: May 25, 2012, 08:24:20 pm »

"Dude, are you gonna try and eat those in a vacuum? I don't think that's a good idea..."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: May 25, 2012, 08:25:55 pm »

((Depending if the pills are made for suits, they can be inserted into a slot.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 1256