Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939499 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: More mindf***ing goodness.
« Reply #3060 on: May 24, 2012, 08:08:18 pm »

Jim growled and pulled himself to his feet. "Let's just go." He got into the elevator - careful to keep his back in a corner where he could watch everyone else - and stared distrustfully at the corpses until the doors closed.
You sit up slowly and rest on your hands for a moment before pushing yourself up and walking into the elevator. You skulk into one of the corners and prop yourself up on one shoulder, tapping the flat of the cleaver against your other shoulder as you look at the corpses.

Mesk facepalmed at Feyri and Jim's antics.
"Are we done, here?  Can we get moving?  Or do you want to pile them up and make a big bonfire?  Er... forget I said that, we don't have time for you to make a bonfire.  Not like you could in a vacuum, anyway.  Hey, what were we talking about?  Oh right, the elevator, there's room in there now.  Let's go down.  Hey, what do you suppose all those guys were doing in the elevator when they died?  I guess they were caught with their helmets off when the atmosphere drained, they were probably just heading somewhere unimportant, right?"
He took a deep breath and entered the elevator, taking the opposite corner from Jim.
You walk into the elevator and stand in the corner opposite to Jim, shrinking as far away from that clever of his as possible.

Laugh hard at the antics of Jim and feyri and then enter the elevator. Continue to snicker at both of them for the next half hour.
You spend several seconds gasping between uncontrollable laughter before you calm down and stagger into the elevator, still giggling to yourself.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: May 24, 2012, 08:11:24 pm »

Seeing no one else was going to do it, Jim pressed the button for the fifth floor. He wanted to check the observation area before going down into the area itself to access the main computer.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: May 24, 2012, 09:27:34 pm »

((Darn'it. I wake up and discover my stupidity for not examining the floor.

Oh noes!))

"Erm, sorry there Jim. I forgot what happens with high-voltage electricity and metal. Not too used to these unconventional weaponry, just read about them in the manuals back on ship.

Heh."
Feyri said, nervously rubbing an arm before heading inside with the rest.

Well, this cleared one thing. No stereotypical archaic Hollywood zombies.

Nope. None.

Examine elevator. Everything in it. Then as we get to the fifth floor, keep on the lookout for anything that might resemble data for Steve.

And enemies. Oh yes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: May 24, 2012, 10:08:31 pm »

>Get into the elevator, trying to claim a spot in a corner from which I can keep an eye on these people.
"Well, now we're getting somewhere, I suppose. Are we going to stop on this floor, or keep going down to say, the observation area?"
Charro glanced between his team-mates, raising his eyebrows hopefully. "I have a feeling we'll find all the answers we need, right down in the guts of this place. Or we could keep wandering around, hoping whatever's going on down here doesn't drive us into a homicidal rage..."

He trailed off and shrugged, looking down to the more comforting sight of his laser rifle. Not that he was all that attached to it yet, but still, more comforting than the blood-spattered nutcases in the elevator with him.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 10:10:21 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: May 24, 2012, 10:33:14 pm »

"So, psychological check. Which one of you sees me as a zombie?"

The ideas on the datapad were very disconcerting. Feyri had that sneaking notion that her allies had...other interests in their minds, judging by their attitude.

Or...was it just her?

"Or...wait. Worded that wrong.

Homicidal rage, Charro? I don't feel like killing any of you soon."

It took about another couple of seconds for Feyri to realize the implications of her sentence.

"Wait, no. That was wrong. I meant...Argh. Right.

This is getting stressful with all the hype on the puddle and that white noise. And that thing on pseudo-life and it's berserk button."
She would've hit herself for delving into pop culture, but this seemed like a safe time to talk with the rest about her thoughts. "So...what I'm trying to say is, we're acting like we're already infected. But we're not. Nobody has gone into a fit of rage, or tried to go against his teammate.

So...pardon my anxiety. It's just that we seem like we're searching for something, but stumbling in the dark with all these non-existent threats. I mean, look at Jim. He's still sane and leading us all like-...a true leader."

She could feel a knot form in her chest after admitting it. It was true. She had been laying back the whole mission and letting the others do the work. There was a damn Sabre that could fend off anything at melee, and still she didn't do much.

Jim, he was more of a hero. Yes, a transhuman. Yes, a brain in a robot. But did that stop him? Feyri could feel guilt, for even if she was a leader before, she didn't feel anything like it now.

Why did she even go on this blasted mission, with the notion to lead by example.

Stupid dead scientists.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: May 24, 2012, 10:47:57 pm »

Jim's expression became ô.o. "There are no zombies here, and I'm not inclined to kill anyone on the team right now... but I don't trust any of you, either. You -" and here he pointed at Mesk, albeit not with the cleaver "- already had me shut down once. Charro, you're a coward, and I don't trust you not to run at the slightest sign of trouble. Bishop, you're tripping balls and I doubt you even know what's actually happening right now. Feyri, you already shocked me once... but you at least have some experience." He shook his head. "I'm going to be keeping my eyes on all four of you from now on... and don't doubt that I can do it. I have cameras all over this platform, and if I even think one of you are about to whine to Steve about shutting me down I'm going to bury this cleaver so far up your ass it'll clear your sinuses. Understood?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: May 24, 2012, 10:50:24 pm »

Stress. It was just stress.

Jim had pointed it out quite well, with the aforementioned pep talk.

"Understood. Technical accident with that Sabre.

Let us continue with this mission and act like a team for once. A dedicated one."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3067 on: May 24, 2012, 11:34:58 pm »

>Get into the elevator, trying to claim a spot in a corner from which I can keep an eye on these people.
"Well, now we're getting somewhere, I suppose. Are we going to stop on this floor, or keep going down to say, the observation area?"
Charro glanced between his team-mates, raising his eyebrows hopefully. "I have a feeling we'll find all the answers we need, right down in the guts of this place. Or we could keep wandering around, hoping whatever's going on down here doesn't drive us into a homicidal rage..."

He trailed off and shrugged, looking down to the more comforting sight of his laser rifle. Not that he was all that attached to it yet, but still, more comforting than the blood-spattered nutcases in the elevator with him.
You wander in and claim the corner next to Jim where you can watch the rest of the elevator with ease.

((Darn'it. I wake up and discover my stupidity for not examining the floor.

Oh noes!))

"Erm, sorry there Jim. I forgot what happens with high-voltage electricity and metal. Not too used to these unconventional weaponry, just read about them in the manuals back on ship.

Heh."
Feyri said, nervously rubbing an arm before heading inside with the rest.

Well, this cleared one thing. No stereotypical archaic Hollywood zombies.

Nope. None.

Examine elevator. Everything in it. Then as we get to the fifth floor, keep on the lookout for anything that might resemble data for Steve.

And enemies. Oh yes.

You look around the elevator car. It seems like a fairly standard elevator, a metal room with a door and control panel on one wall and an emergency hatch in the top.

Seeing no one else was going to do it, Jim pressed the button for the fifth floor. He wanted to check the observation area before going down into the area itself to access the main computer.
You jab the button for level 5 and the doors close. The elevator shivers for a few seconds and begins to descend.  After a few seconds of descent the elevator shivers again and stops. The doors don't open. Uh.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: May 24, 2012, 11:40:41 pm »

"GOD. DAMN. IT." Jim's emoticon went >.<. He slammed his cleaver into the crack between the doors, attempting to force them open.

(This elevator's doors do close in the middle, right...?)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: May 24, 2012, 11:46:37 pm »

Mesk shrugged at Jim.
"I won't feel the slightest twinge of guilt when - if - I get you shut down again, Jim.  In my medical opinion, which is backed up by a degree I got online, you're currently unfit for duty, and batshit insane to boot.  When the time comes that you slip enough to start killing us, I hope to be extremely far away.  For now, move out of the way, I got this."
Begin cutting our way out with the torch.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: May 24, 2012, 11:51:34 pm »

"I'll give you credit. At least you admit to being a backstabber." Jim stepped back into his corner to allow Mesk to use his torch - and so he could keep a better eye on him.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: May 24, 2012, 11:57:59 pm »

Charro remained grimly silent as the cyborg insulted him, keeping his face expressionless. As the elevator ground to a halt, he took the opportunity to cede his spot in the corner to the cyborg, opting instead to keep as many other bodies as possible between himself and the ticking timebomb that was Jim.
>Attempt to keep at least one or two people between myself and Jim. An elevator would be a bad place to be in the event of sudden psychosis, after all!
>Also avoid Mesk, since he's probably first on the Tinman's list, anyhow.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: May 25, 2012, 12:01:27 am »

(I like how this mission actually is making us act very paranoid toward everyone else. ^^^)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: May 25, 2012, 12:45:25 am »

(I like how this mission actually is making us act very paranoid toward everyone else. ^^^)

((Locked in the elevator huh? I think this would be an excellent time for you to snap))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: May 25, 2012, 12:46:14 am »

(I'm actively trying not to harm my allies while staying in character, but thanks anyway. :P)
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 1256