Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943601 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Figure out a better solution than "apply strength, if that doesn't work, apply more strength."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Figure out a better solution than "apply strength, if that doesn't work, apply more strength."
[Int:1]

You think for  moment, then, like being slapped in the face with a sack of wet manure, it comes to you! You rush over to Jim and shove him out of the way before jamming your head in between the doors as they slam shut. The doors clamp shut on your helmet and hold you tight.

"I DID IT GUYS!" you shout, bent over and staring into the elevator shaft, throwing a thumbs up in the vague direction of the people behind you. Their stunned silence does nothing but reaffirm your genius. 

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

(Goddamnit how do we keep rolling 1s on our INT checks?)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(I don't know but it's fucking hilarious. XD)

Now that there's a slightly bigger gap between the doors, Jim resumes trying to power them all the way open.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"Oh you people..."

Bishop shakes his head and searches for the manual override for the door. If he can't find it, he gets Jim and feyri to help him wrench the thing open.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

"...
"I am beginning to suspect this was not the best course of action.
"HELP!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

(I don't know but it's fucking hilarious. XD)

Now that there's a slightly bigger gap between the doors, Jim resumes trying to power them all the way open.
[strength:5]
You grab one door with both hands and plant your foot against the other, pushing and pulling until they finally jerk open and remain there, torn from their track. You grab Mesk by the faceplate and shove him back before looking down the shaft. You have to crank your light amp to full to make out the elevator several floors down. There's a metal ladder running along one of the walls of the shaft and a small ridge that rings the shaft at each floor, presumably to allow maintenance workers to get off on any floor using the ladder.

"Oh you people..."

Bishop shakes his head and searches for the manual override for the door. If he can't find it, he gets Jim and feyri to help him wrench the thing open.
You're busy looking for a manual override when Mesk goes stumbling backwards into the wall next to you. You look back to see Jim standing next to the open elevator.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"I'll continue to lead. I'm going to go one floor down first, OK? Wait for me to say it's OK before following." Jim proceeded to suit action to word and climbed down one floor, then tried the door there.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

(((I'm out due to a thunderstorm and when I return, this happens.  :o

Well, glad I'm not on the ship...I guess.)))
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 09:27:09 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Weaker until I get those synth arms when I get back. :3 Er. Assuming I come back alive... >.>)

((You will live and you will like it. :I))

Feyri just stood by, watching the rest with their mutual efforts in opening the door, as she observed the landscape for any hostiles. Surely, there were none.

"Jim, I'll go along. Buddy System and all that."

Follow Jim, Rifle at the ready. Examine Elevator!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Weaker until I get those synth arms when I get back. :3 Er. Assuming I come back alive... >.>)
((Well, at least Milno is cracking by himself. If either Jim or Feyri dies, then the remaining one will certainly either go very emo or get crazier than Milno.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"Okay guys, but remember that it would be best to get to the generator as soon as possible. We need to power this place back up and once we do, all the doors should be a lot easier to open and we can start getting information from the computers."

Bishop looks back to Mesk, and shakes his head again.

"Try not to fall down the shaft, ok? It's a bit of a drop, even with the gravity as it is. I'll shine some light down there for you, so watch your light amps."

Shine my lamps down the shaft to provide light for Jim and Co. If they need help opening the door, try to give them verbal advise.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 09:36:19 pm by Zako »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Feyri turned around to look at the rest, "Keep alert. If we don't respond after...when your intuition says so, find another route down."
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:58:36 am by Tiruin »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"I'll continue to lead. I'm going to go one floor down first, OK? Wait for me to say it's OK before following." Jim proceeded to suit action to word and climbed down one floor, then tried the door there.

Feyri just stood by, watching the rest with their mutual efforts in opening the door, as she observed the landscape for any hostiles. Surely, there were none.

"Jim, I'll go along. Buddy System and all that."

Follow Jim, Rifle at the ready. Examine Elevator!
"Okay guys, but remember that it would be best to get to the generator as soon as possible. We need to power this place back up and once we do, all the doors should be a lot easier to open and we can start getting information from the computers."

Bishop looks back to Mesk, and shakes his head again.

"Try not to fall down the shaft, ok? It's a bit of a drop, even with the gravity as it is. I'll shine some light down there for you, so watch your light amps."

Shine my lamps down the shaft to provide light for Jim and Co. If they need help opening the door, try to give them verbal advise.
Jim and Feyri climb very carefully out into the elevator shaft, sidling along the ledge until they reached the ladder while Bishop illuminates the area with his head lamp. Feyri stops a moment to look down at the elevator below. She can't tell much about it from a distance except for the fact that it uses some sort of system other then a cable to raise and lower itself.

The duo descend the ladder and make it to the second floor. Jim scoots to the door while Feyri hangs from the ladder, her rifle trained on the door. Jim looks for some sort of way to open the door without having to try to pry it open while standing on a 3 inch ledge. He doesn't see anything obvious.

[Bishop int:6]
"Hey, maybe you can power the door by hooking up your life support systems to it" Bishop yells down as Jim fiddles with the door. "I'm sure nothing could go wrong!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Don't be stupid Bishop!" Feyri yelled. ""This atmosphere is hostile, and we don't know if this place is quarantined through a virus! Technical or Biological!

Come to think of it, can you transmit our current location to Steve? But...Jim, I've an idea."

Unload Laser Rifle Battery, hand it to Jim to power the door.

"My Sabre is the only thing left, if that gets drained."
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 1256