Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942757 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>Wait at the door, standing a bit further back than before and watching it expectantly, rifle at the ready.

"Seems a bit unlikely that a thick, armour-plated security door has an 'open' button around the back, but you never know."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Well, its a good as a place to start as any. Come on you lot."

Head around to the override, check it for traps and then activate it and head back to the door. Get ready for anything that might come out.
You head around to the back of the building and look around. The area marked on the map is a wall with what looks like a metal panel on it with an old analog style key lock. The override is probably under that.

>Wait at the door, standing a bit further back than before and watching it expectantly, rifle at the ready.

"Seems a bit unlikely that a thick, armour-plated security door has an 'open' button around the back, but you never know."
(These bases aren't really designed to combat hostile ground forces, more just to survive explosions and stuff. It's a science base, not a military one after all.)
You wait outside the door, ready to run like a coward open fire on anything hostile that slithers out.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"Hm, haven't seen one of those for ages. Should be easy enough though."

Use the kit tools to pick the lock, or if need be, use my torch to cut through the locking mechanism with a few seconds burn. Then carefully open it, being careful of any booby traps and then activate the override.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Hm, haven't seen one of those for ages. Should be easy enough though."

Use the kit tools to pick the lock, or if need be, use my torch to cut through the locking mechanism with a few seconds burn. Then carefully open it, being careful of any booby traps and then activate the override.
[Handiwork:3+1] You attempt to pick the lock and get it about half open before you give up on that and just pry the thing open. Inside the panel is a hollow section of wall with a recessed wheel studded with handles. You grab the wheel and pull outward, sliding it out with a heavy mechanical clunk. You attempt to turn the wheel but you're not strong enough to do it on your own.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Help turn the wheel, because I totally followed along earlier.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Help turn the wheel, because I totally followed along earlier.
If it's not implicitly stated where you are you could obviously be anywhere :P Congrats, you're in superpostion until someone observes you.

You attempt to help Bishop turn the whee,l but being as weak as you are it doesn't seem to help that much. Maybe if you had more people...more people who weren't such twig armed baby men...yes...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim also just happens to be there and attempts to help turn the wheel as well.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Jim also just happens to be there and attempts to help turn the wheel as well.
Funny thing is that Jim, mr.robot, is weaker then Feyri.

You grab the wheel and all three of you give it a hard yank. It begins to turn, very slowly, and you struggle with it for a good few minutes, and several rotations, before it stops with another heavy clunk. You, Mesk and Bishop walk back around to the front of the building and find the vault door sitting wide open, the weak light of the distant sun just barely illuminating the room beyond it. There's nothing inside except another set of much smaller, less sturdy looking doors and another control panel, this one with a single button marked with a down arrow.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

(So... as long as nobody sees me, I can be in two places at once?  I love being in a quantum state!

Edit: from now on nobody look at me.  I can be omnipresent!)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:12:07 pm by Remalle »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Weaker until I get those synth arms when I get back. :3 Er. Assuming I come back alive... >.>)

"I'll go first." Jim leads the way, activating his light amps as he enters, and does a quick once-over of the area before pressing the button to call the elevator - or so he assumes.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

(Weaker until I get those synth arms when I get back. :3 Er. Assuming I come back alive... >.>)

"I'll go first." Jim leads the way, activating his light amps as he enters, and does a quick once-over of the area before pressing the button to call the elevator - or so he assumes.
You walk in and look around after activating the light amplification in your cameyes. The entrance room is quite small and bare, literally nothing but a outer protective shell for the elevator, and there doesn't seem to be anything here. You jab the down button for the elevator and wait. Nothing happens. You jab it again. Nothing. Power must be out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim frowned. Perhaps those weak doors could be forced open and someone could rappel down... or maybe there was another way down... or maybe there was an outside energy source they could activate. He decided to try getting the doors open first to see if he could do it, and check the shaft for dangers if he managed it.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

"Hey Jim, what does your body run on?  Electricity?  Can we use you as a battery?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Try it and I'll melt your face. I certainly can't power an entire facility, and I'm not going to risk dying if too much power is routed away from my vitals," Jim said in response, still pushing away at the doors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Jim frowned. Perhaps those weak doors could be forced open and someone could rappel down... or maybe there was another way down... or maybe there was an outside energy source they could activate. He decided to try getting the doors open first to see if he could do it, and check the shaft for dangers if he managed it.
[Strength:3]
You dig your fingers into the crack between the doors and begin to pry, separating the doors a half and inch and jamming your hands in. You strain, prying the doors another few inches but can't get them the rest of the way. You lock your joints in place to stop the door from closing before looking over your shoulder at the group of lazy bastards who are just watching you do all the work.

"Little help here guys?"
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 1256