Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943899 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: P-box
« Reply #2520 on: May 09, 2012, 12:29:29 am »

Mesk nods at Bishop, tongue sticking out slightly.
"That's a very impressive phallic symbol, Bishop.  I mean, gun.  Very impressive gun."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: May 09, 2012, 12:38:24 am »

Charro looked a bit nonplussed.
"Er, what do I think? First and foremost I'm glad my spot in the marching order places me behind you should that thing go off suddenly. Still, it is best to give encouragement, so... Great job!"
He glanced at the monitor again, squinting at their objective. 'It doesn't look too dangerous, what can be seen of it... No doubt looks can be very deceiving.' "So, shall we get a move on? This place creeps me out in the extreme. I'd rather not know just what they worked on here, but I doubt I'll have much choice in the matter."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: May 09, 2012, 12:42:52 am »

"Take a good look, cause this is the only one in the universe at the moment. I designed this monster myself, tested it in the VR and the computer has provided the parts to make this field test version free of charge."

Plonking it back down and patting it proudly, he turned to Jim.

"As to what it does, well it actually pretty simple. You know those monofilament razors you've seen in the armory? Things that basically slice through almost anything? Imagine being able to SHOOT those with the power of a gauss cannon, and any which don't slice right though the target wrap around the target and with the press of a button, winds together to slice it right through."

Still grinning like a loon, Bishop looks over the weapon again and nods.

"I had to build this thing from the frame of a gauss cannon, and modify it further, but the only real issues with this thing is that with the armor plates, its heavy as hell and it's only got a clip of 6 shots. But the results speak for themselves: It's able to slice through a mk 3 suit like a hot knife through warm butter, and in the VR, it sliced a full on prosthetic cyborg and the stone pillar behind him in half. Still, I think its best that only the strongest here use it because of the weight."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: May 09, 2012, 06:20:47 am »

Feyri was silent from then on, keeping optimistic of the team's survival. Earlier, she was still silent, dreaming of wandering stars and her past life whilst in the cryo tank. She didn't make a sound as Jim lifted her from her prison and awoke just like a normal morning, readying her gear. Several visions popped up, visions of her team before and at the current times, of various times and events. She was glad they were but hazy messes now. Dreams.

She looked at Bishop and admired his flair with his weaponry. Custom made, one of the better designs. "Hey Bishop, with that heavy weapon and the narrow corridors in the base, how'd you think it would fare?" She then turned to Jim. "I take it, we move to the transmitter and defend our techies while they do their job?"

She follows the plan, keeping in rank with the others, behind Jim. Switching to her Laser Rifle.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:24:54 am by Tiruin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: May 09, 2012, 07:03:14 am »

"That depends on what we fight against. If we fight biological enemies, I wouldn't be surprised if this beast slices it's way right down a corridor. Against more mechanical enemies, results vary depending on armor thickness. A battle suit would be too big for the bolo this thing fires to wrap around, but it should still be capable of slicing off a limb of we give it enough time. It's basically our heavy weapon for the mission."

Bishop looks over the MBL again thoughtfully.

"Look, it needs to be tested and the rounds are reusable of you can find 'em. Unless someone strong like Jim is gonna use it for this mission, I might as well use it. So if you want to try this sucker out, say so now or it's mine."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: May 09, 2012, 08:13:43 am »

Feyri examined the gun Bishop was holding, while looking at her generic Laser Rifle.

"I work better with these oldies, thank you. Jim is the most experienced member here, though. I think someone at range who knows how to use that weapon must carry it. Looks unconventional."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: May 09, 2012, 08:20:08 am »

Bishop shook his head.

"Handles just like a conventional weapon, it's just got a few extras, that's all. If you know how to handle a gauss rifle, you can handle this. It's just bigger and got more kick to it, but handles the same."

((For the umpteenth time, who has the highest strength stat of this team gm? If noone has 10 strength, what's the requirement if I take off the armor plates?))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: May 09, 2012, 08:40:51 am »

Spoiler: Our Team Stats (click to show/hide)

Feyri looked it over once more, judging the size and mass by sight. "That really is a heavy weapon. Tell you what, when we're done with this mission, I'll hit the Gym.

"Mesk, I hope you know what you're doing. Medic."
She winked at him, remembering Faith and how she did her job. Feyri wondered if the same luck applied here.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:44:52 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: May 09, 2012, 08:43:44 am »

((Aahahaha. You should thank Mason. If he had joined you, then the team would have someone perfect to use it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Hot Drop (players needed)
« Reply #2529 on: May 09, 2012, 08:45:49 am »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Hot Drop (players needed)
« Reply #2530 on: May 09, 2012, 08:48:04 am »

((I don't get it.))
((...What don't you get? He has a MkIII. That means 15 strength from the suit.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: May 09, 2012, 10:50:10 am »

"My speciality is amplifiers, sorry. If I had those synth-arms already, I could probably handle it, but seeing as I don't..." Jim shrugged.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: May 09, 2012, 10:55:44 am »

(Looking at the stats, Feyri is the best candidate for the gun, but the sheets don't seem to be up-to-date.)

Mesk blinks at Feyri uncertainly.
"Yeah... yeah, of course I know what I'm doing."
He coughs.
"Yep.  Anyway, don't look at me to carry that gun."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: May 09, 2012, 11:04:51 am »

Bishop nodded and looked over the gun again.

"Guess I'll hold onto it then. Just give me a sec and we can get going. First stop, that transmitter."

Use the kit tools to remove the heavy armor plates and sling this monster onto my back. Then take a count of all the weapons and ammo we have before heading out in the middle of the group.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2534 on: May 09, 2012, 12:40:45 pm »

Bishop shook his head.

"Handles just like a conventional weapon, it's just got a few extras, that's all. If you know how to handle a gauss rifle, you can handle this. It's just bigger and got more kick to it, but handles the same."

((For the umpteenth time, who has the highest strength stat of this team gm? If noone has 10 strength, what's the requirement if I take off the armor plates?))
5 is the highest as far as I see,both you and feyri, and 10 was the requirement Without the plates, with them it's like 12. It is a heavy gauss cannon after all, it ain't a light thing. Plus there's still that whole recoil problem...

Jim nodded to Mesk. "I'm fine with that plan. Let's get to the transmitter."

Jim leads everyone to the transmitter, taking point.
"That plan suits me alright, I suppose. Be careful, guys. Everyone, er, wearing their suit? I've heard bad things about what happens if it's not done up tightly..." So saying, Charro checked his suit again, then mentally scolded himself.
Charro will bring up the rear of the party, frequently glancing over his shoulder.
Feyri was silent from then on, keeping optimistic of the team's survival. Earlier, she was still silent, dreaming of wandering stars and her past life whilst in the cryo tank. She didn't make a sound as Jim lifted her from her prison and awoke just like a normal morning, readying her gear. Several visions popped up, visions of her team before and at the current times, of various times and events. She was glad they were but hazy messes now. Dreams.

She looked at Bishop and admired his flair with his weaponry. Custom made, one of the better designs. "Hey Bishop, with that heavy weapon and the narrow corridors in the base, how'd you think it would fare?" She then turned to Jim. "I take it, we move to the transmitter and defend our techies while they do their job?"

She follows the plan, keeping in rank with the others, behind Jim. Switching to her Laser Rifle.
Bishop nodded and looked over the gun again.

"Guess I'll hold onto it then. Just give me a sec and we can get going. First stop, that transmitter."

Use the kit tools to remove the heavy armor plates and sling this monster onto my back. Then take a count of all the weapons and ammo we have before heading out in the middle of the group.

The squad, suited up and armed to the teeth, lines up by the hatch. Jim presses the release button and the cabin depressurizes before the hatch opens. Outside is nothing but an endless expanse of gray, dusty dunes; a film of sand over a rocky surface. The sun is just a hot white point in the sky, scarcely larger then any of the other few, dimming stars that hold a tenuous dominion in that great and endless void. There is nothing but silence as the team makes it's way across the surface in great, bounding steps,the gravity nowhere near what they're used to. The suits confirm that there is no atmosphere here, and the temperature, on this sun facing side, is still cold enough to liquify nitrogen.

The team reaches the transmitter building-a squat, blackish box with a strange fractal antennae-without incident. The door to the building is slightly ajar, but it still takes 3 of them to pull and push and wrench it open. Inside is a bank of panels and monitors, all dark, which stretches around the room. The central control panel is badly damaged, struck repeatedly with a metal rod that now lies embedded, stabbed into the machine, like the sword in the stone.

Near the panel, sitting curled into a ball, is a man in a spacesuit. His helmet rests next to him; what little of his face you can see is ashen and shrunken, a frozen and dehydrated mummy.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 1256