Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941650 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: P-box
« Reply #2490 on: May 08, 2012, 09:37:59 pm »

"Thank you Steve." Jim probed his databanks for the requested knowledge and found it, but didn't flip through it just yet. "I'm ready to go if everyone else is."

Jim heads to stasis.
You head to the hanger bay and into the awaiting shuttle, strapping yourself into the stasis pod to wait for the rest.

(Wait so I can use the advanced kit for medical AND engineering purposes?)

"Sounds good, computer guy.  Or, not good, but, you get the idea.  Will we have communication back to the Sword during this mission?
"Also, am I the only one who thinks that observation room is where this whole business started?  We'd better be well prepared."
Medical tech covers both repairing men and the suit's they're in. The advanced kit contains lots of tools and parts in addition to medical equipment. Thats why fleshtechs are called what they are, because they work on flesh and technology.

>Only if you get that transmitter repaired.

"Speaking of prepared, which of you lot here is the strongest? I've got something neat for you on the ground when we get there, but it's a bit heavy. And... Mesk was it? I'll be taking all of those mechanical tools and gear in that kit. You can keep the medical stuff, I'm no good with that."

Taking a deep, relaxing breath, bishop turns to look at the map again.

"I want everyone to have a copy of those maps computer. We don't need anyone getting lost. Also, how long do we have until you fire the bombs at the rock we are going on?"

((Question for the GM: What penalties do I get for using the MBL with 5 strength? Can I even use it at all?))
(Everyone has  the maps in their suit computer)

As per using the gun with less then the needed strength, you can try, but you'll take negatives and might hurt yourself. Plus you still have to make it.
Bishop just glares at Mesk and replies in a deadpan manner.

"Or what. You'll do mean things to the most vital man on the team? The one who is most likely going to get you all out alive? That's a good plan, not. I'm off to the stasis pods, get your shit together and we can get this over with quickly."

Head to the stasis pods after checking that the prototype has been delivered and all the parts are there. Assembly may be required.
The parts on on the shuttle.

You head to the shuttle and double check the package of parts is there before getting into one of the pods.

Feyri was silent as she listened in on the mission. These planets were reminiscent of archaic mythology, she guessed. Styx. The River Styx, a water boundary between Earth and the Greek Underworld. The passage by which Gods bound their words, where invulnerability could be claimed, where those of great wrath and melancholy are tortured for all eternity.

She wished she still had one token to bring with her, for safety's sake.

This was a mission of no return, either they made it all back or they died trying. Well, at least there was some comfort in the journey, the ferryman was watching.

She listened on, taking note of the codewords and the scene as Steve mentioned the details and drew up the holograms. There was a lot of tech involved, and a lack of light.

She turned to the others after he finished. "Do we have a suitable medic for this mission? Steve, can we bring gas masks just in case anything turns up? Can we also bring detonation packs if...we succumb to whatever lies in there?"

She then looked at Jim with a light smile. "I never leave others behind. Mercenary Code and Creed."

>You really need a gasmask in an airtight spacesuit? As per "detonation packs" your suit already has a self destruct. Just make sure not to stand too close to someone you like when you use it, it's got a bit of a kick to it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: May 08, 2012, 09:55:54 pm »

Feyri whistled an ominous short. "Self-detonation packs. How quaint for all of us to get one. Are they activated at will, or can they be activated by other people?"

She then moved to the Hangar bay, strapping herself to the farthest pod, next to Jim.

"Hi again, um, Jim. Mind if I borrow one token off you? I'll return it back, it's just for...calming my mind."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: May 08, 2012, 09:58:25 pm »

"Hey, Feyri," he replied, his emoticon momentarily turning ^^ before returning to neutral. "Sure. I owe you one anyway, right?"

Jim gives Feyri a token.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: May 08, 2012, 10:04:17 pm »

Ready for mission.

"You...do?" she said, remembering the loot she returned on the first mission. "I returned the single token from the razor. It was used so...couldn't bring in much. You don't owe me anything."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: May 08, 2012, 10:07:15 pm »

Bishop looks over the exchange, raising an eyebrow.

"Keep it in your harddrive big guy. We need to focus on this mission if we want to come out alive."

He then sighs and shakes his head.

"Sorry. It's just I don't usually do this sort of thing. You know... Going off to my most likely death. I'm Bishop. I'd try to shake your hand but-"

Bishop motions to the straps holding him in place.

"Not really possible for me right now. What are you in here for?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: May 08, 2012, 10:13:18 pm »

Charro heads over to suit up and strap himself in, taking some deep, calming breaths as he sits there, cradling the rifle as he surveyed his team mates, noting Bishop's arrogance and the amusing exchange between Feyri and Jim.
"Well. Good luck, everyone. Let's do our best to survive, I guess?" He couldn't think of anything else to say, and so remained silent as he waited for the stasis to kick in, or whatever was supposed to happen next.
'Come on Charro, pull yourself together,' he thought to himself, 'Make it through this and there's only ten more to go! Should be easy, right? Yeah, sure...'
His inner voice didn't really do much to reassure him.
>Strap self in, prepare for stasis.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:15:06 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: May 08, 2012, 10:17:17 pm »

Jim's emoticon went o_ô at Bishop. "I have no interest in that right now. And no equipment for it if I did. Wonderful thing, not having to worry much about hormones clouding your judgement. It makes it much easier to focus." He shrugged at his question. "Simple enough. I was grown in a vat about four months ago in Spectrum Corporation's attempt to make superior psychic soldiers. About one month into my training one of the scientists made a breakthrough that made me and the others of my generation all obsolete. So we were donated to HMRC. I'm the last one left, and that's only technically speaking; all twenty-six of us died on our first mission in, but Feyri here saved enough of my corpse that they could stick my brain into this body. So... I owe her one."
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:19:03 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2497 on: May 08, 2012, 10:18:40 pm »

I assume you're ready Mesk?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: May 08, 2012, 10:19:27 pm »

Feyri assumed the other man was talking to her. She turned her hear away from anyone, preferring to view the hangar after thanking Jim.

"Feyri Nirel." She paused before continuing, with eyes downcast. "What are you in here for?" was an easy question, but as the survival rate wasn't high enough, she guessed it would be safe to reveal it to the newbies.

"Jaywalking."

She just nodded at Jim's words. Waiting for the launch.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: May 08, 2012, 10:26:05 pm »

Bishop looked over to Charro as he strapped himself in next to him.

"Don't rely on luck. Use your head and work together, and we'll come through this alive. You watch my back, and I'll watch yours. Sound good?"

Looking back at Jim, Bishop nodded.

"Fair enough. Just don't break down on us if she get's eaten or falls down a shaft. OH! That reminds me. Computer, can you loan us some kind of rope or climbing device? We might need to climb down an empty shaft or two if I can't get the power working again."

Bishop looked back at Feyri in silence for a moment before speaking again.

"You jaywalked infront of a magister or something? Must have been a hell of a walk."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Have space suit, will die horribly.
« Reply #2500 on: May 08, 2012, 10:30:53 pm »

"Oh, what am I here for? My father." Charro gave a bitter smirk. He hadn't bitched to anyone about his misfortune in anywhere from ten to 200 years worth of stasis, but in his mind it had been just yesterday. He hesitated over revealing his story to these strangers, but after a second decided 'better out than in', and blurted: "I don't suppose any of it matters, now, but to put a long story short: My father was a greedy, weak-willed bastard of a man, who also happened to be a sector governor. His indiscretions got him executed, and I was just a loose end to be tidied up. The jury's still out as to who had the kinder fate..."
He gave a nervous laugh as he glanced between the others, nodding at Bishop's words. At least talking took his mind off the task ahead.

Spoiler: Current Sheet. (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: May 08, 2012, 10:43:58 pm »

"Screwed by the system huh? I know how that feels." Bishop gave a hollow laugh. He still remembered his time in the corps, the unjust treatment of good men and women. It still made him furious, even now.

"I'm what's known as a traitor. I used to work in the corps, did so for years, until I basically had enough of the shit conditions and treatment of its members. That's when I decided to move on and join people who had enough of the magisters as well. I supplied them with codes to get access to shipments of weapons, and became a merc with these people."

He smiled faintly and remembered better times for a moment before snapping back to the present.

"Yeah, those guys had some heart, even for mercs. They saw how screwed up the system is and wanted it to change, no matter the consequences. I only regret that I got caught when one of us ratted a whole bunch of us out. Some hundred years of stasis later, and here I am, going to die at the orders of a computer. Lovely."

Bishop sighs again and looks over to Jim.

"Well, at least we are doing something productive, I guess, even if it has no dignity. What do you think we are gonna find down there?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: May 08, 2012, 10:51:51 pm »

"I suppose. I don't know what I'm going to do when my ten missions are up." That was assuming he didn't die with more finality than the previous death before he reached ten. "As for what we're going to find... a shit-ton of trouble, most likely. I'm going to bet on reanimated corpses though."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: May 08, 2012, 10:57:17 pm »

Feyri's eyes and ears perked up at the mention of such.

"Reanimated corpses? In a lab? This must be some sort of conspiracy. Bishop, you're the techie here, does electricity affect a corpse or it's neural system?"

She looked at the blade handle before turning her eyes back on the same spot in the hangar - that smudge on the wall. The probabilities were endless of why and how, but they'd arrive soon enough.

She just hoped her recent entry was encrypted enough.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: May 08, 2012, 11:07:40 pm »

(Yeah, I'm ready to go.)

"Come on, let's go, the faster we get this over with..."
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:09:48 pm by Remalle »
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 1256