Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940556 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Guys, can we please not get eaten by a telepath or kill another ancient alien civilization just for something shiny? I mean, it's not like it's even ours, you're just trying to steal from some ancient conglomerate's living room."
"Coming from someone who was busy poking dead aliens while her teammate was bleeding to death, that is simply idiotic. You are a hypocrite, even more so because this MkIII suit which helped me drag you from that clearing was bought with the tokens I gained by slaughtering an alien civilization. And guess what, I don't give a shit about them. Think about surviving first and about loving aliens later."
Milno once again scans the area for valuables.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 08:33:14 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Guys, can we please not get eaten by a telepath or kill another ancient alien civilization just for something shiny? I mean, it's not like it's even ours, you're just trying to steal from some ancient conglomerate's living room."
"Coming from someone who was busy poking dead aliens while her teammate was bleeding to death, that is simply idiotic. You are a hypocrite, even more so because this MkIII suit which helped me drag you from that clearing was bought with the tokens I gained by slaughtering an alien civilization. And guess what, I don't give a shit about them. Think about surviving first and about loving aliens later."
Milno once again scans the area for valuables.

You can't find anything that looks particularly interesting. [intuition:1] Maybe you could steal those monitors and sell them out of the back of your space van in the space ghetto!

Jim shrugged and decided to look for whatever was worth looting in this room.
You look around but there doesn't seem to be anything of real value around here, just a bunch of standard monitors and control panels and stuff. [intuition:5] You get the distinct feeling that if there is anything valuable around here, that old man probably has it.

Find that guy and check his medical stuff before Thomas takes him.
"...Wait!  One more thing."
Turn around and display the device from earlier.
"What is this?"
"Uh, alright then," Faith said, giving a nod to the man. "Goodbye, and thank you for telling us about our friend who you... haven't merged with."

She turned to leave, brow furrowing at Jim and Milno.

Head down hallway man indicated.
"I wonder why he'll only speak to Faith. Oh well. I know you won't respond, but thanks for telling us about this guy." Thomas heads to the man in the back, searching the area for valuables while taking him to the shuttle.
>Mesk, faith and Thomas.
((The old man doesn't answer your question))
The merry band of non-combatants (and Thomas) follow the hall back to the entrance hall and continue on through the west hall. At the end of the west hall his another large room, this one more in keeping with the style of the rest of the temple. The domed ceiling is covered in an enormous mural, a map of space created using thousands of tiny stones set into the masonry. In the center is some sort of complex machine, a massive construct of brass rings and silver mirrors, every inch of it covered in tiny denotations of measure. Leaning against the machine, slumped on the ground, is a man. When the group gets closer they can make out the name written on his chest. Ivan.

[Mesk med:6] Judging from the readings on his suit his legs are broken and he's got prostate cancer. Oh dear.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Wish my teammates would wake me up
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the center is some sort of complex machine, a massive construct of brass rings and silver mirrors, every inch of it covered in tiny denotations of measure. Leaning against the machine, slumped on the ground, is a man. When the group gets closer they can make out the name written on his chest. Ivan.

[Mesk med:6] Judging from the readings on his suit his legs are broken and he's got prostate cancer. Oh dear.
((Was he violated by the aliens?))
Milno sets his laser rifle's intensity to half the current setting and looks at Jim inquisitively.
"It seems he will not talk to us and I am quite sure he is hiding something."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim nodded. "Probably. Also probably not worth going for. Anyway, what do you think? Objective complete?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jim nodded. "Probably. Also probably not worth going for. Anyway, what do you think? Objective complete?"
"He babbled about the people in Hephaestus not being ready. But at the same time he was inconclusive, so I guess it is up to the bomb to destroy all of this place. We were sent to discover what was happening within this anomaly, and we have discovered they are humans in a giant amorphous orgy or something alike. If you want to take whatever this old man is keeping with him, then I am up for it. Aside from that, I would say we have enough information and I will just collect some of the soil before we leave."
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Welp, time to go. Help me carry him, will you?"

Gently move Ivan to the shuttle.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

"I'll help" Thomas helps Ivan to the shovel, gentle optional.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 03:39:39 pm by Spinal_Taper »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim looked around. "Well... last time I rushed in, I got cut in half. I think I'll quit while we're ahead." He headed back to the shuttle, satisfied with the loot he already had.

(So... about this right arm. Does it count as the Synth-Arm item in the armory, or does it just have an amp in it?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Head back to the shuttle with Erik's head in tow.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno shrugged. Well, he was going to check the place one last time to make sure they were not missing anything.
"I'll try to take a look at the eastern hall. I hope never to see you again, old senile man."

Milno buzzes to the eastern hall, ignoring the people carrying Ivan, checks the large domed room for anything valuable and collects soil samples from around the temple (and from the "sleepy time" clearing) before going back to the shuttle and checking how much time remains. All very quickly due to his rockets, of course.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 04:05:50 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

((Is it just me or did the GM just ignore my speech? lol))
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((Is it just me or did the GM just ignore my speech? lol))
>Everyone who is not Faith.
The man ignores you.
Head back to the shuttle with Erik's head in tow.
I think it's been said a few times now but erik's head was melted so there's nothing really to take.
You head back to the shuttle and stand around outside, loitering like a hoodlum.

"I'll help" Thomas helps Ivan to the shovel, gentle optional.
Faith grabs Ivan's arms and Thomas grabs the legs and they haul Ivan's very unconscious carcass back to the ship and huck him into a stasis pod, just in case.

Jim looked around. "Well... last time I rushed in, I got cut in half. I think I'll quit while we're ahead." He headed back to the shuttle, satisfied with the loot he already had.

(So... about this right arm. Does it count as the Synth-Arm item in the armory, or does it just have an amp in it?)
(it counts as both a synth-arm and a built in amp.)

You wander back to the ship, carrying your loot and humming a happy tune. Gonna get paid, gooooonna get paid.

Milno shrugged. Well, he was going to check the place one last time to make sure they were not missing anything.
"I'll try to take a look at the eastern hall. I hope never to see you again, old senile man."

Milno buzzes to the eastern hall, ignoring the people carrying Ivan, checks the large domed room for anything valuable and collects soil samples from around the temple (and from the "sleepy time" clearing) before going back to the shuttle and checking how much time remains. All very quickly due to his rockets, of course.
You fly out to the WESTERN hall and check it out, looking for anything valuable. The big machine in the center looks pretty intricate and expensive but something tells you it would be of no use outside of this room.

You buzz around the temple and grounds, gathering soil samples and dumping them into the plastic containers you've been provided with. You fly back to the shuttle and check the time left on the bomb.

3:14:46

Your suit beeps and warns you that you've got 50% of your fuel left.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Alright, so, I guess we just leave in the shuttles we came in? Though ours has some extra room now...

Also, are we sure we're not missing anyone? I don't want to leave anyone behind if they can be salvaged."

Try to figure out if there's likely to be any other survivors or salvageable brains out here.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

"How many objectives left?"
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 1256