Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940499 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

(There are easier ways to commit suicide, you know.)
((Quiet you, I'm negotiating. He's probably just gonna look at my face real close, and not impale it with a cable that then turns me into HALLELUJA))

((The faceplate is just a metal covering over the glass inset of your helmet. Your not gonna die of loss of air unless you remove your helmet completely.))
((Oh. Well, that's probably what he wants, so edited. TOTALLY GONNA LIVE.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( If Faith dies, Elizas has got dibs on her corpse.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

>Everyone who is not Faith.
The man ignores you.

"Uh... okay, but I can't breath this atmosphere, so..."

Faith inhaled, trying not to let her cheeks bulge out, then flipped open her faceplate.

Hold breath, open faceplate entire helmet.
You take a deep breath and grab your helmet with both hands, twisting it to unlock the seal and lifting it off your head. The man looks at you for a moment before placing a hand on your forehead. It's only now you realize that he's actually much larger then a normal man, his palm large enough to cover from your brow to the top of your head.

The instant he touches you, you can feel him inside your mind, flipping through your memories and feelings with a detached and almost disinterested ease. After a moment he pulls his hand away and you shove your helmet back on, gasping a bit as you reseal it. The old man seems thoughtful for a moment, rubbing his fingers together as though some residue of your mind was stuck to them.

"We have forgotten just how fragile you are, both in mind and flesh. Our gentlest thoughts overwhelm you and you stumble through our memories, twisted and dominated by our slightest feeling."

You slowly float back down to the ground as the man seems to stare out into nothingness.

"This world you worry for, what is it called?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Seeing Faith remove her faceplate, Thomas temses up and prepares to fire if any hostiles appeared.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Mesk glances at Faith getting her breath back.
"Um, that would be Hephaestus.  Sir.  Now, could you please tell us who you are and where we are, please, sir?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno yawns and changes his laser rifle's settings to half the current intensity so he may have another shotgun blast at half power.

((The crazy old man should've taken Jim. SeriousConcentrate is online almost all the time~))
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:20:37 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

((Or me. Beside the weekends, I'm online 18 hours a day >_>))
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

(What can I say guys? Faith spoke up first.)
Mesk glances at Faith getting her breath back.
"Um, that would be Hephaestus.  Sir.  Now, could you please tell us who you are and where we are, please, sir?"
The man nods.

"We knew this world in it's infancy. It was our home when we were many. We sought to bring the peace our pilgrimage granted us back to the world we left. But we see now. You are not ready."

The man closes his eyes and lays back in his chair.

"Another like you still lives. We communed with his flesh, but not his mind; he should still recognize you."

The man points, eyes still closed, back down the hall.

"He sleeps there. Take him and go, we will not stop you."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Can you tell me about your kind?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno yawns and changes his laser rifle's settings to half the current intensity so he may have another shotgun blast at half power.
Milno eyes the place and the man with suspicion.
"If I remember correctly, Jim's looting senses indicated there was something of value here, or so he told us. Were they wrong?"

Edit: I am taking my leave. Time for my sleep and good eye-closing ritual, GM.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 12:13:48 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Can you tell me about your kind?
Milno eyes the place and the man with suspicion.
"If I remember correctly, Jim's looting senses indicated there was something of value here, or so he told us. Were they wrong?"

Edit: I am taking my leave. Time for my sleep and good eye-closing ritual, GM.
You shout your questions to the man but he seems unresponsive, simply laying there unmoving in his chair.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I wonder why he'll only speak to Faith. Oh well. I know you won't respond, but thanks for telling us about this guy." Thomas heads to the man in the back, searching the area for valuables while taking him to the shuttle.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:00:32 am by Spinal_Taper »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim shrugged and decided to look for whatever was worth looting in this room.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Uh, alright then," Faith said, giving a nod to the man. "Goodbye, and thank you for telling us about our friend who you... haven't merged with."

She turned to leave, brow furrowing at Jim and Milno.

"Guys, can we please not get eaten by a telepath or kill another ancient alien civilization just for something shiny? I mean, it's not like it's even ours, you're just trying to steal from some ancient conglomerate's living room."

Head down hallway man indicated.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Find that guy and check his medical stuff before Thomas takes him.
"...Wait!  One more thing."
Turn around and display the device from earlier.
"What is this?"
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 02:28:45 am by Remalle »
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 1256