Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944173 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Can't talk to girls.
« Reply #1830 on: April 30, 2012, 09:28:17 am »

((@Pentagram Guy: You are a fleshtech, and if you roll one we'll have another explosion like Jim's.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: April 30, 2012, 10:01:48 am »

((@Pentagram Guy: You are a fleshtech, and if you roll one we'll have another explosion like Jim's.))

((...And I care why? :P That's how I destroyed the fungus monster the first time. My blast works differently. Its not strong enough to nuke the area, but it'll burn the shit out of the spot where the device is.))
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: April 30, 2012, 10:55:35 am »

((Backlash is backlash dude. If it happens, it fucks shit up bad regardless. Just make sure that your out of that sleepy area before you try so you don't get that massive penalty.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: April 30, 2012, 11:09:24 am »

((...And I care why? :P That's how I destroyed the fungus monster the first time. My blast works differently. Its not strong enough to nuke the area, but it'll burn the shit out of the spot where the device is.))
((Not strong enough to burn the area? You did not see the strength of Jim's normal attack, so...His attack can have the same strength as yours but the backlash was terrible. Good luck in burning the rest of our teammates and yourself. I may need to finish this mission alone after all.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: April 30, 2012, 11:16:35 am »

((Not strong enough to burn the area? You did not see the strength of Jim's normal attack, so...His attack can have the same strength as yours but the backlash was terrible. Good luck in burning the rest of our teammates and yourself. I may need to finish this mission alone after all.))

((As I said, I OP-BOOM'd my amp attack already. Also, I'm already outside of the sleepy-zone as per the GM's last post. Also, I warned everyone to get the F*ck away from the device. Heed my warning. :P)
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1835 on: April 30, 2012, 12:54:01 pm »

Wake up?

Nope. Don't worry, there's a very good reason you can't.

Wake up.
((You weren't asleep))
[will 6-1] You manage to fight off the alien sleepiness for a moment regaining your consciousness before it suddenly comes back with a vengeance and returns you to the barely lucid state you were in.

((map request?))
Remember the maps from before were created by steve and they have no contact with him so the map is basically going to be exactly the same as the one they were given at the start,except with a bunch of colored dots all clustered around each other up near the red dot in the north.

Mason scratches his head, sighs, and stands just outside of sleepy-time range. "Alright, this is getting ridiculous." Yelling for everyone to clear the area around the machine, he focuses his psy-amp like a fine laser, only a few atoms thick, and targets the stone-device in a cutting motion.

If its just another fungal illusion, it should burn and die. If its a machine, the psy-force, if applied properly, should destroy the device.

((Dunno what the actual thing is, but I figured it'd be interesting if its not actually an illusion per se, but the garden is actually some hellish fungal 'paradise' full of writhing tentacles and overgrown fungal parasites, or some such. At the very least, its actually fungal-monster spores that are making us drowsy, which would also work on the cyborg because it needs air intake to maintain the brain's functionality.

But no, that's not it. I just thought that would be fun. :3))
((I should point out that a 6 is usually much better then a 1 with an amp. A 6 usually just uses more power then you expect, a 1 causes completely unpredictable effects and can kill the user. ))
Milno sighs, moves inside the clearing, kicks the device some meters away and leaps back to safety with the rockets' assistance.

He then proceeds to approach the clearing once more and check if the dizziness threshold has changed its size, leaping back afterwards.

Instead of the aforementioned action, if Mason tries to fry something, leap halfway back to the entrance of the garden or any safe distance towards the entrance.
Milno, still hovering, see's what mason is going to do and immediately decides it's better that he stand a back. The forest is already on fire for god sake, who knows what will happen next. He zooms down the path to a safe distance and waits for the inevitable kaboom.

[Exotic wep:2] Mason attempts to activate his amp but for some reason he just can't focus enough to use it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: April 30, 2012, 01:01:36 pm »

((I should point out that a 6 is usually much better then a 1 with an amp. A 6 usually just uses more power then you expect, a 1 causes completely unpredictable effects and can kill the user. ))
((I would like to point out that Mason almost asploded part of our team by not following my advice.))

Milno goes back to his old plan, by moving inside the clearing, kicking the device some meters away and leaping back to safety with the rockets' assistance.

He then proceeds to approach the clearing once more and check if the dizziness threshold has changed its size, leaping back afterwards.
>Yes?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: April 30, 2012, 01:42:38 pm »

Return to the area we first found June in.  Check the corpses, see if they have razor wounds on them.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1838 on: April 30, 2012, 02:00:57 pm »

((I would like to point out that Mason almost asploded part of our team by not following my advice.))

Milno goes back to his old plan, by moving inside the clearing, kicking the device some meters away and leaping back to safety with the rockets' assistance.

You zoom back to the clearing and in, hovering above the ground and kicking the artifact a good 50 feet  away from you and into the forest somewhere. You then fly back out before anything can effect you.

Do you want to step in or use buzz mode to hover in?

Return to the area we first found June in.  Check the corpses, see if they have razor wounds on them.
You walk back to examine the corpses where you found June. [Med:3+1] The injuries here aren't consistent with a monoatomic razor. They look more like laser cuts.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: April 30, 2012, 02:10:15 pm »

((Great, I can feel deep shit approaching.))

Buzz. Just check the threshold's limit to see if it has changed and then move back.
>Yes?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: April 30, 2012, 02:28:07 pm »

Mason sighs.

"Well that was pointless."

Mason decides to hang around the same part of the grove, picking at the plants in general boredom.

((Isn't it usually that 1 fails with bad results and 6 overpowers ridiculously? Like, 1 would make no amp activation but would knock me out of seriously injure my brain, or totally f- up my rolls for a while, and 6 would be me losing control of my power and pulling a Phoenix/Cyclops/Dr. Manhattan?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1841 on: April 30, 2012, 02:43:50 pm »

((Great, I can feel deep shit approaching.))

Buzz. Just check the threshold's limit to see if it has changed and then move back.
You buzz in and hang there for a few seconds. Nothing seems to happen. You buzz out again.

Mason sighs.

"Well that was pointless."

Mason decides to hang around the same part of the grove, picking at the plants in general boredom.

((Isn't it usually that 1 fails with bad results and 6 overpowers ridiculously? Like, 1 would make no amp activation but would knock me out of seriously injure my brain, or totally f- up my rolls for a while, and 6 would be me losing control of my power and pulling a Phoenix/Cyclops/Dr. Manhattan?))
Basically, 1's cause feedback events that have random, usually very destructive effects because the amp activates but the user can't control it. 6 is basically just you overdoing it. You lose control on both occasions but 6's are much more reliable in how you do it.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: April 30, 2012, 02:55:36 pm »

Mason plucks a bit of green from a nearby tree and begins chewing on it.

((Not sure if curious or outright suicidal))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: April 30, 2012, 03:08:30 pm »

Elisaz's mind flashes back to when he was having a standoff with the military. At one point, he was on the ground with two laser wounds to the chest. But that didn't stop him.

Wildly stumble, lunge, crawl, spasm, or whatever Elisaz can accomplish, over to the garden entrance.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: April 30, 2012, 03:10:43 pm »

Milno hovers over the clearing once again and starts to slap gently kick people's faceplates to wake them up, taking care not to stand within range of the soporific effect and dragging people away from it.

Also get Juno's laser rifle (she had one, I do remember) and check how much ammo it has. If if has more than half clip, give the other rifle to Mason and change Juno rifle's settings to a high-powered laser shotgun. If Mason happens to still be nearby, that is.

"Mason, you are a medic. Start being useful."

Mason plucks a bit of green from a nearby tree and begins chewing on it.
((Do you want to open your suit in an unbreathable atmosphere?))
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 03:52:40 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 1256