Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944265 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Can't talk to girls.
« Reply #1815 on: April 30, 2012, 12:41:33 am »

In space? You do know that fire needs, you know, oxygen to acutally occur in the first place? This is why they don't have flamethrowers in the armory.
I'll find a use, somewhere. Maybe in the kerosene, or perhaps the spark

You don't seem to understand how fire works. It needs 3 things: heat, fuel and the chemical oxygen. There is very little oxygen in space, hence no fire. I don't see how kerosene will work, nor how a tiny spark will either. Not in space at any rate.

And he said there was an atmosphere, but it wasn't breathable. No oxygen in it. That's why Faith's guts aren't getting pulled out of her torso with decompression.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: April 30, 2012, 01:20:27 am »

((Well, I think that a Microwave Amp/Field Manipulator would perform brilliantly as a substitute for a lighter - watch for the feedback/remaining number of uses, however. Well, you could try and use that hand lasertoaster set on maximum diffusion (or, perhaps, a specially weakened hand toaster), but they're bound to working on objects outside of a sealed suit, and I would most strongly recommend you getting that cigarette inside your suit, if you're so thoroughly commited to smoking on missions.
Well, if you really want it your way, I guess, a suit (especially of a higher mark than the default one) can be modded to have a storage for cigarettes inside the helmet, as well as a lighter (there have to be oxygen inside the suit) and, probably, some way to dispose the stubs - one more compartment? nah, that needs a bit of consideration - but you'll have to operate those with your mouth only. Still a good deal, if you ask me.
Still, I have to agree that right now that cigarette is probably no better than just a good luck charm; and if you want to start a fire, try asking the people with the Microwave-things (I'm not sure if there are any such people here other than Jim, and he's currently unavailable, I'm afraid) or experimenting with the laser weapons or the fusion cutter (that one might work, depending on its design). Oh, I just remembered, monorazor also works nicely if you need to blast or set on fire something volatile.
Quite a variety of choices you have here.  ;D  ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: April 30, 2012, 01:37:30 am »

I mean, the spark could be used for a great deal of things, not just fire. I believe that nitrogen is explosive for example, so if needed I could create a spark and blow the place to pieces, the spark would be more important than the flame.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: April 30, 2012, 01:38:31 am »

Have a dream that keeps alternating between wonderful and horrifying, where I'm happy and healthy and OHGODWHYISMYTORSOMETAL WHAT DO YOU MEAN COMPLETE RECONSTRUCTION?

I mean, the spark could be used for a great deal of things, not just fire. I believe that nitrogen is explosive for example, so if needed I could create a spark and blow the place to pieces, the spark would be more important than the flame.
Isn't a spark just a really tiny fire, though?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: April 30, 2012, 02:16:29 am »

((Well, not always - as far as I know, a spark is just a superheated really tiny fragment of something, so here and now - laser weapons, fusion cutter, monofilament razer and microwave amp/field manipulator (quite unsure about the availability of the latter). Mmm, probably Milno's suit's rocket pods too.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1820 on: April 30, 2012, 03:18:21 am »

Fun fact, Earth's atmosphere is almost 80% nitrogen. Be careful with those matches~

Woops. Edited that. Turned out much better for you.
((Never seen her face, liked her more than Faith (to whom Milno holds affection points in the negatives). May Juno rest in pieces.))

Milno grinned.
"The mad woman is down...I almost feel like there is a small part of me that would happen to care someday."
He moves inside the garden and drags Mesk outside with a rocket-assisted leap - but only if he is not with the device, otherwise, pick Elisaz.

Don't go in if Thomas does. Retreat if unable to pull the person.

((Where is Mason since he was on auto?))
((Mason is technically standing around in the clearing but he's not becoming sleepy or failing will rolls because he isn't doing anything :P))
"Yeah, ok, fine.  Whatever you say, oh wise veteran."
Chuck it.

(GM: if I roll a 1, can I hit Milno by accident?)
Mesk attempts to throw the artifact away from himself [Strength:3-1] but ends up being able to do nothing but meekly roll it a few feet.  Milno can do nothing but sigh at Mesk's ineptitude as he buzzes into the clearing without stepping foot on the ground, scoops up his comrade and buzzes back out again, dumping the man on the white stone path.

(Piecewise said earlier that the area we're in has a breathable atmosphere, I believe.)

Attempt to wake up.
Someone's gonna have to get you out of that clearing for that. The feedback event put you out, but the clearing is keeping you out.

So lets see. We got milno, mesk and Thomas out of the clearing, jim and faith passed out, Elizas getting there and mason just standing around idle. Actually, screw that. Let me roll this real quick... Yeah, we'll say mason managed to get himself out before passing out (even if it took 3 attempts). Doing a cracking job guys.

Oh, and one more thing.

4 hours remain.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: April 30, 2012, 04:37:26 am »

We're not dead and- well, alright, we kind of shot June in the face. And Erik hasn't even shown up yet. And we nearly split up. And Jim nearly fried himself and everyone and everything else.

Um. We'll do better soon.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: April 30, 2012, 04:57:57 am »

Wake up?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: April 30, 2012, 06:02:27 am »

Wake up.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: April 30, 2012, 07:55:27 am »

Milno sighs, moves inside the clearing, kicks the device some meters away and leaps back to safety with the rockets' assistance.

He then proceeds to approach the clearing once more and check if the dizziness threshold has changed its size, leaping back afterwards.

Instead of the aforementioned action, if Mason tries to fry something, leap halfway back to the entrance of the garden or any safe distance towards the entrance.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:03:03 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: April 30, 2012, 07:57:01 am »

Back, got stuck in PA in the middle of nowhere (read: forest, forest, and more forest) because of a late-night accident, had to stay overnight at my friend's cold-as-shit half-built house we went over to renovate.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: April 30, 2012, 08:06:26 am »

Ouch. Well, welcome back. I forget when you last left off, but we've found a sleepy time garden, Milno shot an NPC in the face to save Faith, and there's four hours until our atoms stop holding hands with all our other atoms.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: April 30, 2012, 08:20:13 am »

Ouch. Well, welcome back. I forget when you last left off, but we've found a sleepy time garden, Milno shot an NPC in the face to save Faith, and there's four hours until our atoms stop holding hands with all our other atoms.
((The "saving Faith" part was an accident.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: April 30, 2012, 08:47:35 am »

((map request?))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: April 30, 2012, 09:19:40 am »

Mason scratches his head, sighs, and stands just outside of sleepy-time range. "Alright, this is getting ridiculous." Yelling for everyone to clear the area around the machine, he focuses his psy-amp like a fine laser, only a few atoms thick, and targets the stone-device in a cutting motion.

If its just another fungal illusion, it should burn and die. If its a machine, the psy-force, if applied properly, should destroy the device.

((Dunno what the actual thing is, but I figured it'd be interesting if its not actually an illusion per se, but the garden is actually some hellish fungal 'paradise' full of writhing tentacles and overgrown fungal parasites, or some such. At the very least, its actually fungal-monster spores that are making us drowsy, which would also work on the cyborg because it needs air intake to maintain the brain's functionality.

But no, that's not it. I just thought that would be fun. :3))
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 1256