Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942863 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Can't talk to girls.
« Reply #1770 on: April 29, 2012, 03:02:25 pm »

Run back to the garden entrance.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: April 29, 2012, 03:05:32 pm »

"Goddamn it... It's like that time I woke up next to a tranny in space Mardi Gras.. JIM! If you can hear me, I'm being affected by what seem to be long range roofies. I'm going to get out of here. If I fall, it be great if you helped me." Thomas says, while working to keep himself awake.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: April 29, 2012, 03:10:45 pm »

"Understood; I'll hold position for another five minutes, then come to you guys if no one shows up or contacts me by then." He wasn't fully robot, and he didn't want to test the theory that narcotics would fail on him. As far as he knew he didn't really need sleep, but he was only basing that off of less than 12 hours total in his new body.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1773 on: April 29, 2012, 03:32:37 pm »

"I really...hate...this shit!
Milno musters his forces and uses the radio while trying to retreat.
"Jim, we are being affected by something which is making us drowsy. I am trying to retreat...to the garden entrance."
Milno kicks his rocket boosters in and uses them to get him back to the entrance of the garden.
You activate the rocket pods and direct them towards the exit, half flying, half dragging yourself away, barely conscious. As you exit the clearing you feel your head beginning to clear and by the time you reach the entrance to the garden you're fully awake. You deactivate the rockets and sigh. That was unpleasant.

Run back to the garden entrance.
You try to run but your legs go numb beneath you and you fall to the ground, unable to move. You feel your consciousness slipping away by the second. 

"Goddamn it... It's like that time I woke up next to a tranny in space Mardi Gras.. JIM! If you can hear me, I'm being affected by what seem to be long range roofies. I'm going to get out of here. If I fall, it be great if you helped me." Thomas says, while working to keep himself awake.
[Will:4] You stagger to the edge of the clearing, your fighting off the exhaustion as you do, till you fall just a few feet from the exit. [End roll:3] You drag yourself a few feet but not beyond the edge of the clearing. It's still a few torturous feet away.
"Understood; I'll hold position for another five minutes, then come to you guys if no one shows up or contacts me by then." He wasn't fully robot, and he didn't want to test the theory that narcotics would fail on him. As far as he knew he didn't really need sleep, but he was only basing that off of less than 12 hours total in his new body.
You leave the hall and walk the few dozen feet to the threshold of the garden, meeting Milno there and waiting for the others.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: April 29, 2012, 03:41:52 pm »

"Jim, we got to go back there, the rest of the idiots is going unconscious. You stay some feet behind me so we can check the threshold of the numbing effect."
Move cautiously towards the clearing and stay some good steps away from the its limits, with Jim in tow.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: April 29, 2012, 03:45:12 pm »

"Wait. I'll go first to see if it works on me or not since we already know it affects you." Jim leads the way back with Milno in tow to rescue the others, starting with the one closest to the door.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: April 29, 2012, 03:47:21 pm »

"Wait. I'll go first to see if it works on me or not since we already know it affects you." Jim leads the way back with Milno in tow to rescue the others, starting with the one closest to the door.
((Jim still has a brain. I think it may affect him, even if he lacks a flesh and bones body. Or maybe not, since it makes the body tired. He'd have to feel his metal body tired, which is not discarded.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: April 29, 2012, 03:50:48 pm »

"Damn it... I need help.Thomas says into the radio, struggling to make it across the few remaining feet.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: April 29, 2012, 03:54:19 pm »

Try to get away with one last surge of adrenaline.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: April 29, 2012, 03:54:47 pm »

"Sure. The black stone in the center of the clearing may be the cause, but I am not sure."
Milno follows Jim, leaving some steps between them.
>Yes?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: April 29, 2012, 04:03:56 pm »

"Uhm... can't sleep, clown will eat me... I... I think these statues have something to do with these names and dates.  I think... we might be becoming statues..."
Pick up the device and examine it closer.  If I think it's causing our exhaustion, try to stop it somehow.  Destroy it if necessary.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: April 29, 2012, 04:15:55 pm »

"No, no, no, nooo..."

Attempt to drag self away from black stone.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1782 on: April 29, 2012, 04:52:18 pm »

"Jim, we got to go back there, the rest of the idiots is going unconscious. You stay some feet behind me so we can check the threshold of the numbing effect."
Move cautiously towards the clearing and stay some good steps away from the its limits, with Jim in tow.
Milno and Jim make sprint back to the clearing and make it there just in time to see Thomas stumble out and fall to the ground. Milno hangs back while jim takes a few wary steps into the clearing.

Jim manages 4 steps in before he feels exhaustion set in, feels muscles he doesn't have grow tired and weak. And then they both notice June standing over Faith, holding a monoatomic razor. 

"Damn it... I need help.Thomas says into the radio, struggling to make it across the few remaining feet.
[Will:5] You pull yourself up, banishing the weakness in your body, and manage to half stumble, half fall your way out of the clearing as Milno and Jim run up. You lay there a minute as feeling comes back to your limbs and your mind clears. Whew.

"Uhm... can't sleep, clown will eat me... I... I think these statues have something to do with these names and dates.  I think... we might be becoming statues..."
Pick up the device and examine it closer.  If I think it's causing our exhaustion, try to stop it somehow.  Destroy it if necessary.
[Will:5] You grab the thing next the stone and examine it. It's an electronic device of some kind. [Int:1+1] You have no idea what it might be or do.
[will:4] You manage to stop the exhaustion from overwhelming you but it continues to creep in, little by little.

"No, no, no, nooo..."

Attempt to drag self away from black stone.
You can barely move, barely find the will to move, and manage only to fall on to your stomach and drag yourself a few feet before something grabs your shoulder and rolls you on to your back. June is standing over you, holding a monoatomic razor, her blank faceplate reflecting your weak struggling as she draws the razor back. It's the last thing you see before you fall asleep.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: April 29, 2012, 05:09:24 pm »

((1st: Is the distance the "short" equivalent?
2nd: Would a rocket-powered tackle benefit from my movement bonus?))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1784 on: April 29, 2012, 06:30:09 pm »

((1st: Is the distance the "short" equivalent?
2nd: Would a rocket-powered tackle benefit from my movement bonus?))
Yes and a rocket powered tackle would actually be an aux roll to see if you could fly right and a dex roll to see if you could manage the tackle. So no, not this time.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 1256