Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943045 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Can't talk to girls.
« Reply #1755 on: April 28, 2012, 10:09:03 pm »

Mesk nods at Thomas.
"I'm all for it.  Jim, my friend, if you would be so kind...?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: April 28, 2012, 10:59:54 pm »

"Wake up. Jim left to explore by himself."
Milno examines the area, standing a safe distance from the stone.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: April 28, 2012, 11:02:27 pm »

Rendezvous with group, try not to die.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: April 28, 2012, 11:18:22 pm »

Jim activates his light amps and searches the immediate area with his eyes only. If he doesn't see any reason to continue on (intuition perhaps?) he'll turn around and head the other way instead.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: April 28, 2012, 11:27:13 pm »

"Well I'll go find him" Thomas said, saving face.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1760 on: April 28, 2012, 11:38:17 pm »

"Wake up. Jim left to explore by himself."
Milno examines the area, standing a safe distance from the stone.
You take a look around. This place doesn't look like it's been artificially cleared, it looks like the statues are some how a forming a barrier and keeping the trees from encroaching on the clearing. Now what you look at the stone you can see that it's not smooth, it has something engraved on it. And it looks like there's something laying next to it.

As you look around you get the sudden urge to sit down. The suit is feeling  uncharacteristically heavy and you're feeling very tired and very at ease. The grass here looks immensely inviting and thoughts of resting your head in it fill your mind. You have to fight to stay upright.

Rendezvous with group, try not to die.
You make it to the clearing after running after the group for several minutes. The instant you step foot in that quiet place you immediately yawn and blink your eyes, feeling your legs go weak with exhaustion beneath you.

Jim activates his light amps and searches the immediate area with his eyes only. If he doesn't see any reason to continue on (intuition perhaps?) he'll turn around and head the other way instead.
You activate the light amplification in your artificial eyes and look down the hall. You can see the entrance to another room at the end of the hall, a rather lavish entrance at that. [Intuition:5] There is something special down there, something probably very valuable and possibly very dangerous. You can feel it in your metal bones. 

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: April 28, 2012, 11:42:19 pm »

((Jim should join us in the pajama party. He can still die through torso obliteration, remember that.))
"...Damn aliens."
Fight the laziness caused by the alien filth. If it works, check what is engraved upon the stone. If it doesn't, back up a little from the area to expel it.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: April 28, 2012, 11:45:51 pm »

Get away from the source of the drowsiness.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: April 29, 2012, 12:03:19 am »

Jim activated his com system after a moment's debate. "Guys? I have a potentially valuable - and potentially dangerous - find where I'm at. If you want to come help me loot it, we can split the tokens among us. If you're interested, head back to the entrance and go east; I'll wait for about ten minutes before heading in... by myself, if necessary."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: April 29, 2012, 12:12:57 am »

"Loot? I'm there" Thomas said, rushing to Jim.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: April 29, 2012, 12:27:29 am »

"Yep, why should we stay together after all? It is not like there is something that already killed many other people is stalking this area. We found a black rock here with something nearby. You really should avoid triggering anything."
Follow the rest of the group if they decide to head to where Jim is. Otherwise, refer to my last post.

Edit: Going to sleep. No combat/insanity for me.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 12:31:07 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: April 29, 2012, 01:44:13 am »

"On the one hand, Jim is a far better meat shield, er, traveling companion, then, say Milno or the kitty fucker.  On the other hand, there are far more meat shields over here... I'm staying put.  Hey, we haven't been out here that long, you can't already be tired?"
Examine the markings on the stone from a few feet away and see what's lying next to it.  Intuit meaning and purpose.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: April 29, 2012, 02:23:34 am »

"Damn it! This is another reason we should all stay together! One anomaly at a time!

I'm coming, but not immediately. Hold on a few minutes.

June, what were you doing here for a whole day? And didn't you get tired or thirsty or anything?"

Question June.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1768 on: April 29, 2012, 02:47:45 pm »

((Jim should join us in the pajama party. He can still die through torso obliteration, remember that.))
"...Damn aliens."
Fight the laziness caused by the alien filth. If it works, check what is engraved upon the stone. If it doesn't, back up a little from the area to expel it.

You try to shake the unnatural malaise but only manage to stop it from getting worse. You try to run from the clearing but your legs won't move, they barely hold your weight.

Get away from the source of the drowsiness.
Nice try, but you don't know the source of it do you? Try again.

"Loot? I'm there" Thomas said, rushing to Jim.
You attempt to leave the clearing but suddenly find moving nearly impossible, like you're wading through syrup.  And then the exhaustion sets in, the mind numbing sleepiness, the aching desire to lay down. You struggle to keep your eyes open.

"On the one hand, Jim is a far better meat shield, er, traveling companion, then, say Milno or the kitty fucker.  On the other hand, there are far more meat shields over here... I'm staying put.  Hey, we haven't been out here that long, you can't already be tired?"
Examine the markings on the stone from a few feet away and see what's lying next to it.  Intuit meaning and purpose.
[Will:5] You look at the markings on the stone. They're names, human names, along with two dates next to each name. The first date is different for all the names, but it's in the distant past, over 900 years. The next date is the same for all the names, and is only about 50 years ago. [Int:4] Those dates could be birth and death dates but that would mean those people lived for almost a millennium.

The thing resting next to the rock appears to be a black egg shaped mechanical device roughly the size of your fist.

You begin to feel very tired and have to fight the urge to simply lay down and close your eyes.

"Damn it! This is another reason we should all stay together! One anomaly at a time!

I'm coming, but not immediately. Hold on a few minutes.

June, what were you doing here for a whole day? And didn't you get tired or thirsty or anything?"

Question June.

[Will:5-1] Your mind is feeling foggy but you manage to piece together a question.
"What were you doing during that time?"
June doesn't answer, she simply wavers back and forth, apparently having a hard time remaining on her feet.

As you stare at the strange woman you suddenly lose all feeling in your legs and collapse onto your knees. You feel suddenly more exhausted then you ever have, simply keeping your eyes open is a bitter struggle. You feel yourself drifting toward unconsciousness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: April 29, 2012, 02:55:15 pm »

"I really...hate...this shit!
Milno musters his forces and uses the radio while trying to retreat.
"Jim, we are being affected by something which is making us drowsy. I am trying to retreat...to the garden entrance."
Milno kicks his rocket boosters in and uses them to get him back to the entrance of the garden.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:56:56 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 1256