Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943946 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Have space suit, will die horribly.
« Reply #915 on: April 17, 2012, 08:46:32 am »

"I have an idea.

I think the three sources of radiation are the three crews we sent in, somehow trapped in an illusion that prevents them from exiting... Or, they could be decoys. Either way, we'll need to get the cr-"

Mason observes the wall of fire, the strange shapes, the fact that this place shouldn't have breathable air or such appearance, the unmoving grass...

"I think this dimension is artificially generated, if that makes any sense. Whoever made this dimension as it is, wanted to trick humans into thinking this place perfectly habitable. BUT, if they were Human they'd know the consistency, colors, and textures are all wrong...

This is one massive, complex trap, and we're dead-center. Now, if the old crews or illusion-crews have their suits on, then our readings on this place being habitable may be false, another aspect of the complex illusion. I say we treat this as we'd treat the last mission, and be very wary about our actions... Whoever's controlling this region is trying very hard to make all this look real, and what better way to get us to march into an ambush than to rescue our fallen comrades?

Lets get away from the treeline as I'm fairly sure the secondary radiation is causing our radio distortion... We need to warn the rest of the squad FAST."
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 17, 2012, 08:52:37 am »

((Dear Mason, I think you are in for a suprise.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 17, 2012, 08:53:49 am »

((Ssshhh, let's not interrupt them as we idle on...wherever we are in.

Let them figure it out  :P))

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 17, 2012, 09:06:00 am »

((Ssshhh, let's not interrupt them as we idle on...wherever we are in.

Let them figure it out  :P))

Again, this is from my character's point of view. The two most likely and logical scenarios are the crews being trapped in containment, or something minicking the old crews. Then again, my own scifi work is hard scifi so this might be totally illogical, which is not in my comfort zone at all, IC or OOC. >_>
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 17, 2012, 09:16:10 am »

((You'll get used to it, Ehndras. Nothing new would kill you. Metaphorically.))

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 17, 2012, 09:17:37 am »

((You'll get used to it, Ehndras. Nothing new would kill you. Metaphorically.))

I'll take that with a grain of salt. :P

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 17, 2012, 10:11:24 am »

Anyway, I am, in fact, alive.

"Please let go of me"
Continue to follow faith, see if I can spot anything out of the ordinary.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #922 on: April 17, 2012, 01:35:27 pm »

"Have you heard of me?"
>Let me guess, another sociopath with a god complex?

"Wrong. A god with a sociopath complex." Elisaz stands up. "Does this ship have any writing utensils?"
Yes. Ask the armory master.

Panic run all the way to the yellow hex and then look toward the big red zone and see if I can notice anything strange about that area. (e.i. see if I can tell what the object there is, or if it itself is dangerous)
edit:
Spoiler: forgot the picture (click to show/hide)

Sorry about the long disappearance. My meds knocked me out last night.

Terrified now that you're in daylight and alone you sprint through the tall grass, weaving about till you stumble across a small clearing. You don't like being out of the grass so you turn and look around for someplace better to hide. Over toward the north east is a large structure, an oddly asymmetrical temple like building with dozens of domed roofs and pillar lined walkways. It juts out of the grass like the uneven spine of some long dead leviathan.

[Aux roll: 1] You attempt to bring the drone in for a quick skim of the clearing, hopefully drawing attention to it before flying back out and away. What you actually end up doing is flying the drone straight into the irregular object in the center of the clearing. The drone's feed goes dark and you hear a dull metallic ring as it smashes itself to pieces on the unknown structure.
((Huh, it didn't hit anyone important unlike mine. And mine was on a 4!

Faith has secret powers.  :P

Don't be unconscious.))
(actually if I remember right yours was a 1 or 6)
You wake up in the infirmary with a headache and a feeling you did something foolish.
"I have an idea.

I think the three sources of radiation are the three crews we sent in, somehow trapped in an illusion that prevents them from exiting... Or, they could be decoys. Either way, we'll need to get the cr-"

Mason observes the wall of fire, the strange shapes, the fact that this place shouldn't have breathable air or such appearance, the unmoving grass...

"I think this dimension is artificially generated, if that makes any sense. Whoever made this dimension as it is, wanted to trick humans into thinking this place perfectly habitable. BUT, if they were Human they'd know the consistency, colors, and textures are all wrong...

This is one massive, complex trap, and we're dead-center. Now, if the old crews or illusion-crews have their suits on, then our readings on this place being habitable may be false, another aspect of the complex illusion. I say we treat this as we'd treat the last mission, and be very wary about our actions... Whoever's controlling this region is trying very hard to make all this look real, and what better way to get us to march into an ambush than to rescue our fallen comrades?

Lets get away from the treeline as I'm fairly sure the secondary radiation is causing our radio distortion... We need to warn the rest of the squad FAST."

2 things. 1. you can't see the fire from here, being in a forest and all. Make sure to look around through your character's eyes before making assumptions or this is going to get very confusing. And 2. I'm not sure if there was an action in there or just speaking to Adrian.

Anyway, I am, in fact, alive.

"Please let go of me"
Continue to follow faith, see if I can spot anything out of the ordinary.
[Strength roll:2] You struggle in vain against faith's iron grip.
"Please let go of me" you grumble after it's clear you can't free yourself. You look around as best you can while still held [will roll:5] and see nothing out of the ordinary anywhere. Well, everything is out of the ordinary, but you don't see any fires or pink dragons or anything.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:26:27 pm by piecewise »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 17, 2012, 01:43:05 pm »

Ask the doctor for any free medicine. Proceed to the briefing room.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 17, 2012, 01:48:11 pm »

Milno sighs. He may as well look for something interesting.

Search the ship for land machinery and vehicles.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #925 on: April 17, 2012, 01:54:17 pm »

Ask the doctor for any free medicine. Proceed to the briefing room.
The doctor hands you a pill without looking at you. It's a rather large blue pill. You try to ask what it does but he's already wandered off. Hmm. Following his example you wander to the briefing room and take a seat on one of the benches. No one else is in here and the holo projector is off.

Milno sighs. He may as well look for something interesting.

Search the ship for land machinery and vehicles.

You head for the docking bay and look around. There are lots of shuttles, all held against the wall by their automatic mounting brackets, but nothing that looks like it's designed to work specifically on land. [intelligence roll:5] You know that there are sections of the ship that you and the other conscripts don't have access to, what with being criminals and all. Roughly 70% of the ship, from your estimates, is sealed off from you. They could be hiding anything up there from hover tanks to a god damn Titan.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 17, 2012, 01:56:53 pm »

"I don't think I can use this without any real medical advice. Might mess it up. Like...last time."

Leave the pill in an inconspicuous overly viewable and interesting location that is not me.

Proceed to...um, look out the porthole!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #927 on: April 17, 2012, 02:03:39 pm »

"I don't think I can use this without any real medical advice. Might mess it up. Like...last time."

Leave the pill in an inconspicuous overly viewable and interesting location that is not me.

Proceed to...um, look out the porthole!

You leave the pill sitting next to the holo projector and walk back outside, looking for some sort of porthole or window to look out of. You look around for several minutes but find nothing. [intuition roll: 1+1] Nope , no idea where one might be.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 17, 2012, 02:06:26 pm »

((I am interested in the "location that is not me" part. So did she consider keeping that pill inside her somewhere?))

Milno walks around.

"Hey Steve. What other purposes does this ship serve aside from punishing bad boys and girls?"
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 17, 2012, 02:09:36 pm »

((Nothing in the usual sense, Milno. I just don't like large blue pills.  :P))

Search for some trove of information about this ship.

Stand to the side and whistle in a merry tune if I do not find anything.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 1256