Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942062 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Have space suit, will die horribly.
« Reply #900 on: April 17, 2012, 01:09:59 am »

"Urgh. Do not want to mess up this dirt, but if those are real books..."

Return to larger clearing. Examine dirt there, to see if it will react to being stepped on.

"Guys, I'm beginning to have second thoughts about the medic being all on her own. No offense, Ivan."
You head back to the large clearing and look at the ground there. The ground here has a strange pattern...it looks like a Lichtenberg figure with the pattern emanating from the structure in the distance. [intuition roll:2] You have no idea if stepping on it will have any effect.

"Goddamn it, the radio's down" Adrian says to his partner. He then sends the Recon Drone into the forests away from him and the main base, trying to get the other humanoids to follow it.

OOC:Does the Drone have sound broadcast capabilities?
((it does not. It's just a camera))

[Aux roll: 1] You attempt to bring the drone in for a quick skim of the clearing, hopefully drawing attention to it before flying back out and away. What you actually end up doing is flying the drone straight into the irregular object in the center of the clearing. The drone's feed goes dark and you hear a dull metallic ring as it smashes itself to pieces on the unknown structure.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 17, 2012, 01:42:01 am »

"Urgh. Well, let's see if there's a pattern at least.

Hey guys," she continued over the comm, "Turns out these zen gardens are all different. I really don't want to step on any, but there might be something to them. I'm going to check out them all and see if there's a pattern."

Examine each clearing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #902 on: April 17, 2012, 02:04:27 am »

"Urgh. Well, let's see if there's a pattern at least.

Hey guys," she continued over the comm, "Turns out these zen gardens are all different. I really don't want to step on any, but there might be something to them. I'm going to check out them all and see if there's a pattern."

Examine each clearing.

You move between the clearings, checking each one. They're vaguely similar, but the markings in each and the thing at the center are all different. Stones, Books, a Hoe, a calculator; swirls, smooth, simple lines, fractal patterns and so on. You can't make out any sort of significance here anywhere, not in the patterns or the objects. This is giving you a headache. Ivan doesn't look good either. He's clutching at his head.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:06:59 am by piecewise »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 17, 2012, 02:07:34 am »

Ponder headache. Does it seem imposed by external influences, or just a result of trekking around staring at weird shapes and trying to divine the meaning of an empty field with a calculator in it?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #904 on: April 17, 2012, 02:36:12 am »

Ponder headache. Does it seem imposed by external influences, or just a result of trekking around staring at weird shapes and trying to divine the meaning of an empty field with a calculator in it?
You think about why you would have a headache [intuition roll:3] You can't really think of a good reason why you'd have a headache...but it's not like it's terribly abnormal right? It is just a headache. But now that You're focusing on it, it seems to be getting worse. And why is the sky getting darker? You turn around, looking for the source of the sudden shadow, and discover that the entire field behind you is on fire. The wall of orange tinged smoke and dancing flames is creeping westward toward you. You can already feel the heat.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 17, 2012, 02:40:45 am »

Justahallucinationjustahallucinationjustahallucination

Faith began breathing heavily, trying not to panic.

"Guys," she said urgently over the comm, "There's no fire over here, right? Guys? Can you see anything over here near me?!"

EDIT: A more recent link to the map would be good, since it's a ways back by now.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:44:32 am by IronyOwl »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #906 on: April 17, 2012, 03:07:12 am »

Justahallucinationjustahallucinationjustahallucination

Faith began breathing heavily, trying not to panic.

"Guys," she said urgently over the comm, "There's no fire over here, right? Guys? Can you see anything over here near me?!"

EDIT: A more recent link to the map would be good, since it's a ways back by now.
(( Blue is faith and ivan, Yellow is Mason and Adrian, Orange is the shuttle and Victor. ))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(We'll wait to see what the others say eh?)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 17, 2012, 03:09:41 am »

((Indeed. The ones who can hear me, that is.

...meaning Ivan and Victor. Oh boy, this is gonna get real Fun real fast.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 17, 2012, 03:58:45 am »

Sucks to be you.  :P

EDIT: How are you feeling the heat through your suit?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:01:35 am by Zako »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 17, 2012, 04:37:36 am »

EDIT: How are you feeling the heat through your suit?
((Shhhhhh. :P

Of course, I'm not sure if these suits, improved or not, were ever explicitly stated to protect from heat; we know they protect from cold because they operate in conditions that flash-freeze your corpse when they're ruptured.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 17, 2012, 06:24:10 am »

((Of course, I'm not sure if these suits, improved or not, were ever explicitly stated to protect from heat; we know they protect from cold because they operate in conditions that flash-freeze your corpse when they're ruptured.))
((They were stated to protect from heat. The suits are insulated enough for Ivan to spray molten metal over his leg without caring about the heat, because he could not feel it. Nor be hurt by it, of course. The main problem is that even it really is a hallucination, Faith may still be screwed if she follows the "just hallucination, gonna ignore it" logic.
Edit: Oh, wait. She'll die anywyay.))
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 07:57:51 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 17, 2012, 06:36:52 am »

"Have you heard of me?"
>Let me guess, another sociopath with a god complex?

"Wrong. A god with a sociopath complex." Elisaz stands up. "Does this ship have any writing utensils?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 17, 2012, 07:34:12 am »

Panic run all the way to the yellow hex and then look toward the big red zone and see if I can notice anything strange about that area. (e.i. see if I can tell what the object there is, or if it itself is dangerous)
edit:
Spoiler: forgot the picture (click to show/hide)

Sorry about the long disapperence. My meds knocked me out last night.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 07:45:02 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 17, 2012, 08:00:28 am »

[Aux roll: 1] You attempt to bring the drone in for a quick skim of the clearing, hopefully drawing attention to it before flying back out and away. What you actually end up doing is flying the drone straight into the irregular object in the center of the clearing. The drone's feed goes dark and you hear a dull metallic ring as it smashes itself to pieces on the unknown structure.
((Huh, it didn't hit anyone important unlike mine. And mine was on a 4!

Faith has secret powers.  :P

Don't be unconscious.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 17, 2012, 08:44:37 am »

((Huh, it didn't hit anyone important unlike mine. And mine was on a 4!))
((I think you rolled 6 for the scout eye to hit Faith. And we don't know the consequences of the eye hitting the metallic structure.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 1256