Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3952924 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Feyri : Badass.
« Reply #360 on: April 09, 2012, 11:13:01 pm »

((Facepalm. My intelligence roll had pointed out that the ceiling had high chances of just allowing passage. Jesus.))

Milno was not used to viscera on him.

"Anyone wanting to kick the crap of Ivan right now, please raise your arms."
Milno raises his right arm with an annoyed look plastered across his face.
"Did you want to kill one of us? Jim is even worse at the moment and it is your fault!"
He started to get angry. No, he started to get mad while wiping his suit clean of Jim's innards.

Go to the platform and move the cube upwards as Ivan did the last time to get it moving.

((I can see that if my seventeen-year-old character manages to survive all of this he'll probably have gone insane and/or he'll have a broken young mind. Seriously, I wanted to play a fairly common guy, even a bit cowardly. Edit: And MILNO WAS RIGHT when he said Jim was probably safer outside.))
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:19:44 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #361 on: April 09, 2012, 11:28:25 pm »

((Facepalm. My intelligence roll had pointed out that the ceiling had high chances of just allowing passage. Jesus.))

"Did you want to kill one of us? Jim is even worse at the moment and it is your fault!"
He started to get angry. No, he started to get mad while wiping his suit clean of Jim's innards.

Go to the platform and move the cube upwards as Ivan did the last time to get it moving.

((I can see that if my seventeen-year-old character manages to survive all of this he'll probably have gone insane and/or he'll have a broken young mind. Seriously, I wanted to play a fairly common guy, even a bit cowardly. Edit: And MILNO WAS RIGHT when he said Jim was probably safer outside.))

Feel free to RP mental illness. Though remember that whole Willpower stat? remember the part about Not losing your mind? Yeah, that will come into effect later.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Jim: Doomed.
« Reply #362 on: April 09, 2012, 11:29:18 pm »

"I will fucking shoot your winy ass if you come near me"
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 09, 2012, 11:40:03 pm »

Milno grumped.

"I have this alien shit on my hand which can blow holes through these walls like they were made of cream cheese so don't think you are the only one who can shoot here."
He had calmed down a little already, fighting his teammates would not be good to anyone here.
"Ah whatever, Jim was already bad, now he is worse. We're just lucky it was not Feyri nor me. Where is Faith by the way?"
He moved towards the platform.

((Taking the opportunity to note all the whining is IC. I don't really know how to play a "normal" person because most of my characters are severely socially maladjusted like their creator. :P))
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:43:48 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 10, 2012, 12:25:15 am »

Do we need an intuition roll to interpret the carvings?

Also, can't wait for Jim to wake up.

"Oh man, why am I so...?"

"We had to conduct extensive surgery to replace your damaged parts."

"That's right, I lost my lower half in that... wait, why is my arm robotic? What's this metal thing in the middle of my chest? One of my eyes is some kind of robotic camera now, when the hell did that happen?!"

"...60% of your current injuries might or might not have occurred well after death."

If intuition roll is needed, make one. Otherwise, hop onto platform and gently lift cube.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 10, 2012, 12:55:11 am »

(At this rate I imagine all that's going to be left of his ass by the time they drag it in is going to be like the cerebrum and left hemisphere. Maybe a few teeth. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #366 on: April 10, 2012, 01:27:32 am »

Faith once again ignoring the plight of the injured.  :D

We'll wait for Feyri, since people are all hoping onto the platform and I don't want to run off without him.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 10, 2012, 02:18:35 am »

Man I am the best medic. Though in my defense, he just injured himself in the process of remurdering Jim, who easily could have been someone who's still alive in the traditional sense, in an attempt to escape what was fairly obviously an elevator. So it could be argued that it's better for him to remain as is for now. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 10, 2012, 06:59:26 am »

((I get back and this happens O_O

Ivan. You b-...

You big bully!))

"J-Jim...A-are you OK?" Feyri looked at the poor man's body. Her friend didn't seem that talkative, being the stoic one but this was just going too far!

Tensions were getting higher and the one thing Feyri knew about tension as a mercenary was it was no good at all.

Especially underground where tension could actually be felt. She hoped there were no rooms filled with more automatons.

((Feyri is a female. Don't you forget it!))

"Stop bickering y-you two! Morale is the last thing we want lost!" she said as she hopped onto the platform.

Give a painkiller that Milno generously handed to me to the most wounded person that needs it.

In this case, Jim. If nobody else needs it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 10, 2012, 07:17:47 am »

((It seems the GM understood as if you have used it some turns ago. Even if you didn't, you would be giving the painkillers to Ivan, the perpetrator.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 10, 2012, 08:39:27 am »

"Someone help Jim! A bullet lodged in him would really hurt his squishy organs. I don't want him getting tetanus! Or Cancer!

"Or any other of those Zodiac diseases and whatnot!"

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 10, 2012, 09:09:02 am »

Heh, can't wait 'til its my turn to play. The carnage and surprises are bloody epic.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #372 on: April 10, 2012, 11:40:26 am »

You restrain yourself from giving Ivan a good kick in the ribs and hop up on the platform. The cube shifts easily in your hand and the platform begins to rise.

Do we need an intuition roll to interpret the carvings?

Also, can't wait for Jim to wake up.

"Oh man, why am I so...?"

"We had to conduct extensive surgery to replace your damaged parts."

"That's right, I lost my lower half in that... wait, why is my arm robotic? What's this metal thing in the middle of my chest? One of my eyes is some kind of robotic camera now, when the hell did that happen?!"

"...60% of your current injuries might or might not have occurred well after death."

If intuition roll is needed, make one. Otherwise, hop onto platform and gently lift cube.
>>The rolls are in this case just a way to explain a potentially confusing picture to a player. If you get it, you don't need to do the roll. Doing the roll also has the consequence that it may make your character drastically misinterpret what was shown. Since you seem to get it though, we won't bother.

You jog out from the adjoining rooms and hop on the slowly rising platform, ignoring the groaning lump that is Ivan.

((I get back and this happens O_O

Ivan. You b-...

You big bully!))

"J-Jim...A-are you OK?" Feyri looked at the poor man's body. Her friend didn't seem that talkative, being the stoic one but this was just going too far!

Tensions were getting higher and the one thing Feyri knew about tension as a mercenary was it was no good at all.

Especially underground where tension could actually be felt. She hoped there were no rooms filled with more automatons.

((Feyri is a female. Don't you forget it!))

"Stop bickering y-you two! Morale is the last thing we want lost!" she said as she hopped onto the platform.

Give a painkiller that Milno generously handed to me to the most wounded person that needs it.

In this case, Jim. If nobody else needs it.

You grab whats left of jim and cradle the quickly vanishing mass of ruined organs in your arms as the platform ascends.

>Feyri, Faith, Milno.
As the platform rises you cringe unconciously away from the ceiling before slipping through the surface without a hint of resistance. The platform continues to rise a few inches above the ground on the next floor and then stops. The cube descends slightly and then comes to a rest as well. The room here is small, just big enough to hold the platform, and has 4 adjoining halls, each going off in one of the main compass directions.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 10, 2012, 11:51:08 am »

Milno:

"The only thing I know is that we should keep going together...And that this time we should leave Jim around here instead of taking him with us."

Crouch and take a peek on the hallways.
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 10, 2012, 11:53:28 am »

(Nah, keep bringing him. I want to see if I actually end up as 'brain in a robot' before you guys get back. I think right now I'll just require a sort of Darth Vader-level of robotics to be brought back. :D)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 1256