Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3952926 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Feyri : Badass.
« Reply #345 on: April 09, 2012, 09:28:11 pm »

Milno giggles mischievously after watching Ivan's reaction.

Follow Faith and examine both the inscription and the room.
You follow faith into the south westerly room, after taking a moment to laugh at Ivan's general idiocy, and take a look around, paying careful attention to the inscription. The room is, as usual, nondescript and metal. Ceiling here is vaulted, like in the main hall, and triangular. You look at the inscription, trying to decipher it's meaning. [intuition roll: 5] Well, judging from the earlier inscription of the solar system, it looks like something, basically eradicated everything but this planet. Maybe the sun went supernova? Hard to say. It looks like the planet survived because of this...Hexagon thing. Maybe a forcefield?.

"Whoa..."

Continue checking for more rooms.

This is the last room in this section. It's small, quite small, containing only an inscription.

If moving: Draw pistol and fire for 5 seconds at ceiling, trying to cut a man-sized hole.
If not moving: Calculate chances of being able to leap to the wall.

You aim your hand laser toward the ceiling and try to cut a man-sized hole. [con wep. roll:1+1] You manage to fire but your aim is like a that of a 4 year old trying to color inside the lines while on a mechanical bull; your invisible beam slices randomly across the ceiling, producing no discernible effects. 

((Oh. Oops.))

EDIT ACTION: Jump off the platform and dive into a roll, breaking my fall.

Use Jim's corpse as a cushion!

FTFY  ;D
Done.
You grab jim and make a running leap from the platform, holding your oddly still friend like a cushion as you plummet to the ground. [dexterity roll: 1] Unfortunately you manage to put some spin into your jump and by the time you reach the ground it's jim who is using you to soften the blow. [Endurance roll: 5] You land heavily on your back and are immediately crushed under jim, knocking the air out of your lungs. As you blink away pained tears you slowly begin to move, expecting new and terrible pains from what must be broken limbs or ruptured organs. However, as you stand, you feel nothing other then the dull pain of your leg. Huh, guess the suit did its job.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 09, 2012, 09:37:21 pm »

"Oh god dammit"

((Does my gauss rifle produce much kickback?))
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 09, 2012, 09:38:44 pm »

"Oh, Jim. I knew you would help me!"

Examine Ceiling, then surroundings.

Examine local air. Do not breath it.

"How far until the ceiling Ivan?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 09, 2012, 09:38:51 pm »

(lol. Feyri is like the best friend Jim ever had and he's too dead to appreciate it. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 09, 2012, 09:40:10 pm »

(lol. Feyri is like the best friend Jim ever had and he's too dead to appreciate it. XD)
((At least his brain is. Subconsciously.  :P))

Edit: Jim can still use his Exotic Weapon powers, right?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 09:41:49 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 09, 2012, 09:58:16 pm »

"Squad of Shuttle 3, this is Feyri Nirel. Until now we have had no contact with our only other squad from Shuttle 4. One of our members is stuck on a rising platform and Jim and I will be-"

"Hold on. Incoming picture feed from Jim's suit."

((Yes I am RP'ing whatever we had earlier.))
Spoiler: Transmission (click to show/hide)

The image feed continues for minutes, pictures of visited areas passing by each other and according to the user's will.

". . .Thank you Jim."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 09, 2012, 10:09:29 pm »

Jump off the platform, aiming for Jim. Fire gauss rifle mid-air, trying to make myself fly from the recoil. Make sure not to hit my friends.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 10:26:02 pm by Scelly9 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 09, 2012, 10:19:46 pm »

Milno:

Go to Feyri and look at the platform. See if the ceiling opens or suffers any reaction as it approaches.

"It seems you decided to be a good person and used your body to shield Jim from the fall. It was a very noble action, I have to say."
He giggles. No, he actually knows she tried to do the opposite.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 09, 2012, 10:26:06 pm »

"Hold on...

IVAN! If that is a platform going into some other place, communicate on what you see! If it doesn't crush you, that is!"
Feyri said, shouting upwards and using her hands to amplify her voice.

Though, in her excitement, Feyri forgot that the radio communications would easily transmit any vocal message. Nobody else would mind anyway.

She turned to see Milno running up to her. "This is a tomb."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 09, 2012, 10:30:29 pm »

Milno:

"I had a similar idea, this reminds me of something I had seen when I was younger. Something about pyramids existing in Earth or something.
The only thing I know almost for sure is that this place must have some kind of very powerful forcefield generator. I bet that is what we must retrieve."

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #355 on: April 09, 2012, 10:47:43 pm »

"Oh, Jim. I knew you would help me!"

Examine Ceiling, then surroundings.

Examine local air. Do not breath it.

"How far until the ceiling Ivan?"
You look at the ceiling. Sure is metallic and flat. Looks solid, but you can't really tell from here, maybe you should have thrown something at it while up on the platform. Oh well

As per the air...well...it's sure clear and...airy. [intelligence roll:5] Oh wait, no it's not airy at all. It's a vacuum.An area lacking any atmosphere or pressure. Attempting to breathe it would be a terrible, terrible idea.

Jump off the platform, aiming for Jim. Fire gauss rifle mid-air, trying to make myself fly from the recoil. Make sure not to hit my friends.
You leap off the platform and fire your gauss rifle in mid air. [con roll:6] The shot hurtles downward and strikes the hard metal floor, ricocheting wildly and streaking across the room before colliding with jim's corpse; the result being a neat golf ball sized hole in the front of jim's chest...and a bowling ball sized hole in the back. Bits of viscera splatter silently across Milno and feyri.

Meanwhile, Ivan, who apparently never took physics, slows minutely for an instant and then tumbles the rest of the way down. [Dex Roll:2] he attempts to roll with the impact of hitting the ground but fails miserably[Endurance roll:1] and succeeds only in breaking his one good leg. He comes to a rest, face down, on the floor.

>I give it a 8 for the dismount and a 2 for the landing. 

Milno:

Go to Feyri and look at the platform. See if the ceiling opens or suffers any reaction as it approaches.

"It seems you decided to be a good person and used your body to shield Jim from the fall. It was a very noble action, I have to say."
He giggles. No, he actually knows she tried to do the opposite.

After staring in amazement at Ivan's twitching body you wipe the Jim bits off your faceplate and watch the platform rise up and come into contact with the ceiling. The ceiling seems to move like liquid, allowing the platform past and rippling slightly as it goes. After a moment of fluid movement it becomes still and seemingly solid again. The ground the platform used to occupy suddenly rises a few inches and forms an exact replica of the platform that just vanished. From it's surface a small cube rises and then stops, hovering in place.

Huh.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:02:33 pm by piecewise »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 09, 2012, 10:55:37 pm »

AHAHAHAHAAA
Oh god.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #357 on: April 09, 2012, 10:59:00 pm »

AHAHAHAHAAA
Oh god.
I know right? I actually rolled to see who it would hit too. Be glad you didn't brain Feyri or Milno with hypersonic shrapnel. Also Jim: Gonna need even more extensive prosthetics now. I didn't expect anyone to get to the "brain in a robot body" level in the first mission  :P

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 09, 2012, 11:05:31 pm »

AHAHAHAHAAA
Oh god.
I know right? I actually rolled to see who it would hit too. Be glad you didn't brain Feyri or Milno with hypersonic shrapnel. Also Jim: Gonna need even more extensive prosthetics now. I didn't expect anyone to get to the "brain in a robot body" level in the first mission  :P
Its even more wonderful than I imagined.

Moan in pain before popping a painkiller.
"Anyone wanna, urgh, bind this up?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 09, 2012, 11:08:53 pm »

(At this rate I'mma be a robot before we even get back and theoretically the worst injuries happened AFTER I already died. O.o I mean, I could technically live without my lower body, but I needed those fuggin' internal organs. lol anyway though. ^^^

...I blame Feyri for not letting sleeping Jims lie. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 1256