Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3882061 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #12150 on: February 15, 2013, 03:37:39 pm »

Quote from: In an IRC channel far away...
[16:26] <Spinal_Taper> So, ER.
[16:26] <Spinal_Taper> What's your death forecast?
[16:26] <Caellath> Well, Paul.
[16:27] <Caellath> We got this big wave of death looming over the horizon, with high chances of limb rain.
[16:28] <Spinal_Taper> Not all that good.
[16:28] <Spinal_Taper> Now, back to Brenda, with a story about a kitten who refused to give up.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12151 on: February 15, 2013, 03:42:28 pm »

((Win.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12152 on: February 15, 2013, 06:46:34 pm »

Sorry for the lack of post lately. I got hit with a computer virus and have been doing damage control for the last day and a half. I've got some work to do  but I'll have a post up here by tonight at the latest.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12153 on: February 15, 2013, 06:51:41 pm »

Sorry for the lack of post lately. I got hit with a computer virus and have been doing damage control for the last day and a half. I've got some work to do  but I'll have a post up here by tonight at the latest.

((Sorry to hear it. Be sure to purge that sucker away for good.

Oh and by the way, where do I find the ER IRC channel?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12154 on: February 15, 2013, 07:26:25 pm »

((Sorry to hear it. Be sure to purge that sucker away for good.

Oh and by the way, where do I find the ER IRC channel?))

((Nuke it good, PW.

And ditto about the IRC.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12155 on: February 15, 2013, 08:25:47 pm »

((I belive they usually haunt ##Bay12RTD. Yes the double # is needed.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12156 on: February 15, 2013, 09:11:28 pm »

irc://irc.freenode.net/##Bay12RTD

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12157 on: February 16, 2013, 02:02:55 am »

Name:Flint/Iron Man or Superman? - Team C - Rocket propelled Main Elevator, now arriving at level 5, Hospital and Graveyard

"Mages, try to seal the tunnel! Or close the irises! Or something! Everyone else, fire everything!" shouted Flint, shaken but not stirred from his position. Part of him (the reasonable part) was nearly scared to death but some other primal part was enjoying the fear, the excitement, the adrenaline rush. It made him feel... alive!

Keep firing my lazor and smashing through irises (hopefully with the help of my teammates). If I run out of laser juice, take the second mining laser from whoever has it. If that runs out of juice, position my arms up holding my chisel and lock myself in place, hopefully forming a rough triangle/battering ram.

EDIT: If my teammates do something stupid and/or life threatening that makes the elevator doubleplusunsafe try to use the chisel and my robo-hands to hold on to a wall or something like that.

((This reminds me of some strange mix from The return of the Jedi (The millennium falcon escaping the exploding death star) and Journey to the center of the earth (exiting through the geyser/stratovolcano). Hopefully this will end well. Really enjoying this. Imagine the look on command's face when they realize what's going on. Also, here's some music))

Stacy, still quite shaken up (quite literally, in fact) from his experience, mumbles mostly to himself as he tries to configure the manipulator once again.

"Sweet, sweet escape. Such a marvelous dream you are, so close and yet so far."

Use the MFM to create lines of heat to slice up and help shred the iris above.

((This mission seems to have turned rather awesome rather quickly.))

Thomas sighed, relieved that they were finally leaving the lower level. Then he looked up.
"Damn it... I almost miss killing people..."
Send a single, near 0 power laser shot at the iris. If it reflects, give up and be mopey. If it doesn't, turn up the power and help burn through.
Pancaek - Team C cripple

"Little spoon, time to unite our powers!"

Pray to Sambō-Kōjin and Help Stacy with my MFM by also sending up lines of heat to slice the Iris

((Keep in mind, he said he only had a 1/8 bomb, not the full deal thing. Hopefully, we might be far enough away from it to survive the blast.))

Grab a mining laser and help slice that iris open!

[Flint Con:5+1]

Flint picks up his laser, straps it on, and starts swinging mad. He shreds the  iris to pieces, totally cockblocking the destructive tendencies of the rest of the team. However, his mad chopping means a few of the pieces that rain down on the team are pretty big, and pretty heavy.

Luckily, despite a universe with a roll chart heavily stacked against them, all the pieces completely miss  the team. Awesome.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"...guys?  You dead?"
Do a headcount.
All present and accounted for. Most of them are even in 3 or less pieces! All things considered, things are going alright.

Jim attempts to use his MMAmp to press the button that would close the door to the mines from up here while the others took care of the irises.
[exo:4+1+1]

You can't see it, but you have a feeling that you pressed the button. Pressed it like a Semi presses beetles against it's windshield. The button is no more.

Miyamoto, Team c leader, Glorified jet engine.

"Thank you ladies and gentlemen for flying with RoboCrazy airlines. Please remember that smoking is not allowed on this flight, and to keep your limbs inboard at all times. Now, to your left and right you will notice the authentic elevator wall, carved from truly ancient rock, while directly above you you may notice the metal iris that is going to crush you all dead.
Have a nice day."

Slow down, slam feet into wall to brace myself and keep the elevator at the same altitude while minimizing fuel usage. Also check fuel levels.

"Lucas, need a hand here please!"
You cut your engines and wedge yourself into place, holding on with both hands and feet. The fuel gauge says 76%. You could fly the rest of the way out like this.

Team B Almost Corpse Leader

Milno was exhausted. And it felt as if he was about to sleep at any time, the mix of a borderline overdose and the physical memory of what had just happened ressonating inside him like a bad alarm clock. "...I really hate being sick, you know. Always did."

He wasn't even sure if he really had been able to voice that past the wall of numbness and the drug-addled haze that took over his vision and a great part of his senses whilst his mind and brain seemed to be considering whether to shut down or not. He wasn't sure if he could move at all, but that wouldn't stop him from at least trying...

If possible, assume defensive position, aka get cocooned in the avatar's cloak and prepare for impact.

You pull your cloak over your face, your arm numb and barely functional.

"I'm just gonna take a little nap here guys. Let me know when this shit is done."

((Time to rely on the only thing I'm good for.))

"Dear Algis, protect this rocket elevator and all those who dwell within the rocket elevator!"

Stand on something to reach the ceiling (teammates acceptable) and draw a White Circle of Algis on the elevator ceiling, then another on the floor, walls, etc.  Pray.
Well, the elevator is just a platform with no walls or ceiling so...good try.

((Shit, no time to read))

assist miyamoto
You catch up with Miyamoto and help him prop up the elevator platform.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12158 on: February 16, 2013, 02:47:59 am »

"Ok guys, the way is clear and the debris didn't crush anyone! Keep going!"

Try to contact command again and shut the door to the medical level if possible to stop the vacuum from emptying it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12159 on: February 16, 2013, 04:57:21 am »

Miyamoto, Groove Train Express.

Get the groove train going again, once Bishop is ready with his action. Slow down every time we near a closed iris untill the team has opened it.

"Next stop, escape from this hellhole. All aboard!"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12160 on: February 16, 2013, 05:13:42 am »

"Let's sing the happy escaping song. Anybody know that song? I sure don't."

Use MFM to slice bits out of the next iris in such a manner that they bend easily rather than fall down and slice us into tiny bits.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12161 on: February 16, 2013, 05:53:47 am »

Name:Flint/Laser powered battering ram - Team C - Rocket Propelled Main Elevator, Briefly stopping on level 5

"Whoops, sorry, my bad. Better watch your head!"
Keep firing my lazor and smashing through irises. If I run out of laser juice, take the second mining laser from whoever has it. If that runs out of juice, position my arms up holding my chisel and lock myself in place, hopefully forming a rough triangle/battering ram.
Same action. And if possible try to save any nearby teammates from falling debris or other misfortune.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12162 on: February 16, 2013, 06:41:25 am »

Since Bishop is handling this button, Jim will use his MMAmp to try and divert any falling debris away from people.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12163 on: February 16, 2013, 09:05:14 am »

Lukas

"Allright then, let's do this."

Keep pushing the elevator up
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12164 on: February 16, 2013, 09:24:22 am »

Team B Almost Corpse Leader

With little else to do aside from waiting, Milno takes the restful nap every true warrior strives for.
"..."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 1256