Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 217670 times)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.7)
« Reply #855 on: December 17, 2012, 08:24:51 am »

The vault citizens still have the "you are really bad at learning cooking and herbalism because dwarf culture" tags in their raws. Is this intended?

Edit:

Uh... a couple of WILD Mr Gutsy robots showed up on my map, took potshots at my surface livestock, then wandered off the map. Given robots are nearly unkillable, is it intended for them to be included as wildlife?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:00:49 am by Psieye »
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: December 18, 2012, 12:08:14 pm »

Uh... a couple of WILD Mr Gutsy robots showed up on my map, took potshots at my surface livestock, then wandered off the map. Given robots are nearly unkillable, is it intended for them to be included as wildlife?

yeah...but they are rarely in groups of 2 and never more than 4.  It's so you can trap them and "tame" them...it also adds "FUN".  They are a bit weaker now though, especially to CPU hits.  You can't control where your people aim in fortress mode...but an adventurer can punch them to death with a few well-aimed hits.

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: December 24, 2012, 12:09:23 am »

Just out of curiosity:  is there an ETA on the next version/update?  I'm in the middle of a little hiatus from DF and while I'm jonesing to start playing again, I'd really rather hold back for a bit longer if it means I could return to a newer version.  Any chance you'd like to share with us some of the things you've been working on?  You know, whet our appetite... :-)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #858 on: December 24, 2012, 02:32:16 am »

Mutations

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I didn't want to say anything in case it didn't go anywhere, but much of the mechanical stuff is working now. Still got a ways to go.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 27, 2012, 03:23:55 pm »

Right now mod is more or less feature complete, but since I am going to spend more time on DF modding now, I should come back to it too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 30, 2012, 03:46:23 pm »

Any chance you would consider straying to something F3/FNV dlc-ish like OWB or the swampy dlc in F3. Sorry i dont remember the name.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 30, 2012, 06:09:14 pm »

I personally prefer the generic apocalypse approach. Just add in every good bit of apocalypse lore you can find.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 30, 2012, 08:49:31 pm »

I personally prefer the generic apocalypse approach. Just add in every good bit of apocalypse lore you can find.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of as metro 2031 bit. like if there were metro systems. or . large city environments for that matter. With rooms filled with scrap and possibly something neat.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 31, 2012, 01:39:12 pm »

I think the best way to do that is have a race that builds a lot of dark towers and then dies out really fast, for surface ruins. The cave layer already adds a good underground element- I'd add more cave races, and put a scrap-bearing cave tree down there.

I've tried to add large clusters of concrete to soil layers and it doesn't work yet.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #864 on: January 02, 2013, 01:00:00 pm »

I am going through my extras, and thought about things to add... came up with the idea of more font types as well, visited some font sites, and thought: Hey, deons post apocalypse could use some funky computer-themed font... dont know if you did do something like that already, but please have a look at that one, just copy to data/art, make a backup of font.ttf first, and have a go.

Font
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 03, 2013, 01:41:52 am »

Any idea why this concrete appears in slate, but NOT any soil?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 03, 2013, 04:48:26 am »

Your errorlog will tell you that the only valid environments are ALL_STONE, IGNEOUS_ALL, IGNEOUS_INTRUSIVE, IGNEOUS_EXTRUSIVE, SOIL, SOIL_OCEAN, SOIL_SAND, METAMORPHIC, SEDIMENTARY, and ALLUVIAL. You probably want SOIL.

ENVIRONMENT_SPEC is what you want for the specific ones.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 03, 2013, 02:22:15 pm »

Vault citizens have a chance to get 'dizzy' when they drink certain beverages. That's good in principle for immersion but it's annoying having a message saying "interrupted drink: resting injury" when it's really just a bout of drunken stupor. Given there's plenty other things that might trigger that message which actually are worth paying attention to, I wonder about its pragmatism. Perhaps shift the start of the dizziness to after they've drank? Or should we just get used to ignoring "interrupted drink due to injury" messages and hope something serious didn't happen?
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 03, 2013, 02:30:42 pm »

Vault citizens have a chance to get 'dizzy' when they drink certain beverages. That's good in principle for immersion but it's annoying having a message saying "interrupted drink: resting injury" when it's really just a bout of drunken stupor. Given there's plenty other things that might trigger that message which actually are worth paying attention to, I wonder about its pragmatism. Perhaps shift the start of the dizziness to after they've drank? Or should we just get used to ignoring "interrupted drink due to injury" messages and hope something serious didn't happen?

I've actually had a few die of thirst due to the drunk syndrome...so I just removed it from mine.  I guess if it could be delayed to hit after a short while...or the chance of successfully triggering drastically lowered, it wouldn't be so bad.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 03, 2013, 05:03:28 pm »

I remember the sex change potion had this problem too: because it triggered at START:0, the drinker rapidly oscillated between the two sexes. The solution was to add a delay but I don't know how many time units is appropriate.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 62