Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 217618 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.7)
« Reply #885 on: January 26, 2013, 02:26:53 pm »

Ponies are awesome, but that's besides the point :P.

I've been playing the mod for a while now, it's fun. I can't figure out the profession needed for the scrapyard, though. Specifically "Scavenge scrap".

First post lists all workshops with reactions and required skills.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 26, 2013, 02:39:25 pm »

:P Anyway, yes, my only request would be some more robots to set my Vault dwellers against. Something like a Sentry Bot would be nice.

Actualy, a question: how well are the Raiders/Cannibals supposed to survive world gen?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 29, 2013, 05:48:53 pm »

@Pokon I've still got roughs for the Behemoth, Loader, Pacifier, Flail-tank and the Mobile Factory class bots (also a D374-TP from Borderlands...), they haven't been cleaned up and updated like the rest though.  I never slapped together a Sentry class...that was the one that looked like a huge eyebot with four massive arms hanging down from it, right?

Though, remember...these things make the regular robots look like pushovers (Except Behemoth Mk I...just run away from it until it burns its own fuel lines.)...which I think is why they were pushed to the side.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 06:03:26 pm by JediaKyrol »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 02, 2013, 11:35:59 am »

ah, conversion mods......I enjoy thrfowing in the NON conversion mods to the conversion mods, and then I get something lovely.
Anyway, Do you plan on doing more with the xenomorphs? Like, devouring people?
Also, when and how do they appear? I want my saiyans ((Using DBZ mod)) to be ready.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 02, 2013, 12:45:59 pm »

They are just nasty cavern creatures. I've been watching a lot of Plump's let's plays of Fallout 2 lately, so I plan to rework aboveground a lot.

I will rebalance encounters so there's less wildlife overall. The predators will be more frequent and benign animals less frequent.

Good areas will be GECK-converted areas with lush grass, green trees, tree-hugging cultists and lots of broken angry robots (terraformers and the like).
Evil areas will have no reanimation but really nasty clouds of zombificating viruses and deadly diseases. Clouds will turns people into ghouls, ghost people or zombies.

I plan to add poisons with the new DFHack feature (similar to those in Genesis) and revamp adventure mode crafting. The steam engine will be in called "coal power plant", and it will be required for many small things. I will most likely change scrap gathering mechanics to add alchemy-like chemistry. I also plan to add upgrade system to robots, so you will get an ability to upgrade existing ones.

I need ideas for more megabeasts because I feel like there's too few.
Necromancers are now replaced with necromorphs, the summoners/necromancers are called "cult of death" and revived creatures have a body structure of those from Dead Space and are called "necromorphs".

The animals are of different types now, so there are poisons you can make which will affect certain types of animals.

I got rid of the annoying booze syndromes, now I rework the system. The common stills will be still used to ferment drinks from cave mushrooms and to make moonshine. There will also be a distillery building which will allow a more productive way to create drinks.

Hops are now required to make stuff like beer, and you can make common beer from hops, mead from hops and honey and different beer types and drinks using hops.
I don't want you to grow "yeast" in farm plots, so hops (which is a common source of yeast) will work here fine.

I've added a few skulking civilizations to spice up the gameplay a bit. There're "legionnaires" which use melee weapons mostly (but get rifles too) and wear a new "studded leather" armor and slavers. I also plan to add glowing ones and ghost people as skulking civs so you will get ambushes from them. Ghost people will not die from organ or brain damage, they will however bleed and emit gas when wounded, so you can make them to bleed out.

Now there's a lot of work, but I plan to start tonight because I am tired of thinking "I will do it tomorrow" and postponing it indefinitely. Genesis Reborn does not leave a lot of feedback so I guess it's time to switch to this mod for a while and pump my time into it :).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 12:49:44 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 02, 2013, 01:30:24 pm »

so, Im at eleven people now. What should I be most worried about? ((besides thrist))
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 02, 2013, 01:52:13 pm »

Which biomes do you have nearby?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 02, 2013, 02:08:42 pm »

Which biomes do you have nearby?
Swamp, it seems. I have a brook on the map for my water.
Theres also a mountain on the map as well, and thats where my vault is.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 02, 2013, 02:42:44 pm »

Oh, so you did not F1/F2/F3 on embark screen and check surroundings? But yeah, traps are a good idea (unless you want to wall in which I never do), some nasties are evil.

Make sure you read the tips in the first post and follow them, try to get guns and scavenge ammo early before you get a production of that thing. Did you pick any securitrons on embark?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 02, 2013, 03:04:14 pm »

Oh, so you did not F1/F2/F3 on embark screen and check surroundings? But yeah, traps are a good idea (unless you want to wall in which I never do), some nasties are evil.

Make sure you read the tips in the first post and follow them, try to get guns and scavenge ammo early before you get a production of that thing. Did you pick any securitrons on embark?
No....probably should have.
Also, how do I get the scrap piles? I assume they are a kind of tree......Help?
I think I found the problem:
The saiyans can't make any of the mod stuff, and for axes they have "treechoppers"
I am sad now because I'm doing so good....maaaan
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 03:09:43 pm by KingofstarrySkies »
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #895 on: February 02, 2013, 03:12:39 pm »

It's awesome to see new work on this. I've been tinkering with this myself to add a few more reactions and rework the way electricity works. Would you be interested in seeing what I have? Here's my changelist:

Major changes include the new importance of energy cycles in the vault, cheap but low-powered laser weapons, heavily rebalanced scrap returns, much less productive plants. I wanted to add a lot of creatures, but I'm really behind on the new creature raws- the ones that are completed are from the Abomination thread. Also wanted to add some more special plants- who doesn't want to drink some tasty pitcher fluid?

Still needs heavy testing and fine-tuning, and I'd want to pack up the changes neatly before I send them off. Interested?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 03:16:16 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 02, 2013, 03:21:36 pm »

The saiyans can't make any of the mod stuff

Well, of course  ???

If you're putting in a different civilization you have to make sure their entity file has all the relevant workshops and reactions for this world.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 03, 2013, 03:11:22 pm »

Okaaay, I've started changing stuff and noticed a few errors. Hulks were named feral ghouls because that's a copypaste error, easy to fix.
Also ASCII version had robots twice (in two files, the same robots), why did nobody ever report anything? :'(

I made tropical and temperate areas the same, because why not, the jungle are toast so there's must be just a difference in temperature. It also allows you to see the same creatures in more areas, which at the same time allows for more variety both in temperate and tropical areas.

There're no more wolves, coyotes are wild dogs. Wild dogs are the same as dogs, which kinda makes sense. I kept ghoul dogs for evil areas.

Good areas (since they were terraformed by GECK and robots) now have deer and monkeys.

You will need monkeys to make robobrains and dogs to make cyberdogs. So to make robobrains steadily you will have to buy or capture a few monkeys and get at least a breeding pair.
I've also added mongrels which are exotic pets and are harder to tame. They have thicker hide and are better at combat.

Mr. Handy is upgradeable to Mr. Gutsy, Mr. Sturdy and Mr. Healthy. Mr. Healthy is a portable autodoc, he will clean and increase recuperation and endurance of your vault dwellers.

Robots are now exotic pets which you can buy and "tame" (reprogram I guess).
Vanamingo females when butchered also yield vanamingo eggs (not breedable).

There're now a few implants you can craft in adventure mode. One of them is subdermal armor which makes you twice more resistant to damage (vampire trait from vanilla).
Implants are also coming in fort mode but I haven't figured out a way I want to implement them fully yet (there're a few options I consider).

I've already added slavers and there're also mercenaries (I did not want to be specific and make "talon mercenaries").
There're now dustmen, not a very big group of wastelanders who can trade you a few specific tools you may need to create advanced buildings and they will also trade all pets (including robots).

More stuff is on the way, I may release an intermediate version soon.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 03:15:41 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 03, 2013, 07:45:29 pm »

Sounds good Deon, looking forward to it :)

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 04, 2013, 09:21:02 am »

I...never bothered to check out the ASCII version...haha.

no more Mr. Farmy?  Or is it just not an upgrade path?...what about the Sailent Green?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62