Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975374 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4545 on: November 25, 2013, 02:23:47 am »

Can anybody recommend any good sciency/industry/tech mods for 1.6? Not sure if I will have to limit myself to .2 or .4 yet, so either is fine.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: November 25, 2013, 02:58:14 am »

Can anybody recommend any good sciency/industry/tech mods for 1.6? Not sure if I will have to limit myself to .2 or .4 yet, so either is fine.

There's always IC, however I have found a bunch of rather interesting mods I haven't tried out yet..
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1969694-15216forgesmp-reikas-mods-tech-worldgen-civilization-and-more/
Specifically RotaryCraft and ReactorCraft.
There seem to be plenty of tech there.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 03:00:37 am by Ultimuh »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: November 25, 2013, 03:04:26 am »

Buildcraft, obviously. You might want to consider Gregtech, but keep in mind how annoying it makes progression.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: November 25, 2013, 03:05:21 am »

Buildcraft, obviously. You might want to consider Gregtech, but keep in mind how annoying it makes progression.
Don't forget Forestry, it goes well with Buildcraft.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: November 25, 2013, 03:06:43 am »

I thought IC hadn't actually caught up with 1.6.X yet.
Well that is significant! Right now I'm trying to get Galacticraft to function, damn thing doesn't want to exist.

Question: How well does IC and Universal Electricity get along? Not only in regards to compatibility, but also content overlap. I hate having seven types of solar panels, each with their own use.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: November 25, 2013, 03:38:17 am »

IC2 is always up to date. Always.

There's also Thermal Expansion 3, which has new and improved... everything, really.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: November 25, 2013, 03:39:33 am »

If there is an IC 1.7.2 I will be very impressed.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: November 25, 2013, 05:11:42 am »

There's also Thermal Expansion 3, which has new and improved... everything, really.
Except, as far as I can tell, buildcraft integration.
...Which, frankly, makes it ENTIRELY USELESS to me! :P TE has some cool stuff - especially now, with all the new features. Buuut the only one I really ever use is the simple ability to store buildcraft power, and buildcraft isn't currently on the list of supported mods. New machines that can be mostly replicated by IC2 are nice, but not worth adding yet another power system...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: November 25, 2013, 06:59:30 am »

Are you sure? The downloads page only goes up to 1.4.5... I'm sure I have seen at least 1.5.2, but for some reason I can't find anything more recent.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #4554 on: November 25, 2013, 07:23:02 am »

Experimentals are located here
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4555 on: November 25, 2013, 07:23:13 am »

Are you sure? The downloads page only goes up to 1.4.5... I'm sure I have seen at least 1.5.2, but for some reason I can't find anything more recent.
Max: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1210470

IC2 experimental is linked there and it works fine. In fact I have 160+ mods in my current build.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #4556 on: November 25, 2013, 02:01:33 pm »

Anyone tried the Mr Crayfish Construction mod? It's fairly amusing. Lets you save buildings as blueprints, then build them one layer at a time by whacking a block with a hammer.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: November 25, 2013, 03:16:28 pm »

...Which, frankly, makes it ENTIRELY USELESS to me! :P TE has some cool stuff - especially now, with all the new features. Buuut the only one I really ever use is the simple ability to store buildcraft power, and buildcraft isn't currently on the list of supported mods. New machines that can be mostly replicated by IC2 are nice, but not worth adding yet another power system...
RF is basically glorified MJ. You can put MJ into conduits and take MJ out of conduits.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: November 25, 2013, 04:02:43 pm »

RF is basically glorified MJ. You can put MJ into conduits and take MJ out of conduits.

The problem apparently is that BC decided to go a way that causes a lot of compatibility with the energy, or something. In fact a lot of modders seem to be adding support for RF to their mods. Also something about CPU performance.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: November 25, 2013, 10:16:02 pm »

So far things seem to be going well! In creative, for the purpose of general testing I have set up a mars base with quarry and security system. Back on earth there is an army of mining turtles that dig out ore and send it to mars via ender storage. On mars the ore is processed and sorted. If I ever need to get back to earth I have a stargate set up to take me home... Still some more stuff to figure out, but it is all looking pretty good.

Glad that Dimensional Doors show up on other planets. It is really cool having those things on the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 326