Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975684 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4365 on: October 04, 2013, 03:12:52 pm »

- Deuscraft, which enables temples, gods, worship, natural disasters, miracles, and rituals.
- Aftercraft, which adds a more granular respawn system, methods of item-recovery, and various ghosts and supernatural mobs.
Where are these located? They sounded interesting to follow, but I can't seem to locate them.

They are listed as upcoming mods, so I doubt they're out yet.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: October 04, 2013, 04:58:48 pm »

Been in the mood for Minecraft again, and figured I'd check out 1.6 along with Millenaire, since I like to have a more living world to interact with when playing single player. Anyone know of some good mods that play well with Millenaire and are working with 1.6?
Does it need to be 1.6, or 1.6.2, or 1.6.4? A few mods work for any of them, but not all...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: October 04, 2013, 04:59:38 pm »

Been in the mood for Minecraft again, and figured I'd check out 1.6 along with Millenaire, since I like to have a more living world to interact with when playing single player. Anyone know of some good mods that play well with Millenaire and are working with 1.6?
Does it need to be 1.6, or 1.6.2, or 1.6.4? A few mods work for any of them, but not all...

1.6.4 is what I'm trying to work with. Although apparently a lot of mods for 1.6.2 work fine with 1.6.4 as well.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: October 04, 2013, 05:21:01 pm »

Eh, most of them will, but there are a few that just don't like .4 for what ever reason, and a few that don't like .2. The most significant changes between the two versions is a server inactivity time out (Totally inapplicable in single player) and a change in how save files work that you won't really notice while playing. As such I prefer 1.6.2 for the extra mod flexibility, but you will need to see what works for you. Anyway, as far as mods go:
Biomes O Plenty OR ExtraBiomesXL + Alternate Terrain Generation:
Biomes O Plenty adds a lot of really cool biomes. Great if you are the explorer type.
Alternate Terrain Generation makes word gen look a lot nicer, much more like a DF world. It also blends biomes together at the seams pretty well most of the time so less of a jarring change and more natural incline. Also the only biome mod it actually supports is ExtraBiomesXL, a mod similar to BoP but not as impressive. You can make BoP work on top too, but it will put the new biomes in really strange spots causing glaciers right next to jungles and such, thus running counter to what Alternate Terrain Generation was meant to provide. I have tried disabling the new overworld biomes but it doesn't work.

Natura:
Adds a lot of trees, a few mobs, a few bushes. Works well with all three mods mentioned above. Great Redwood Trees are amazing.

Better Wood:
Make it so that pretty much all items made from wood will keep that type. Bookcases and tools. Really nice little change.

Bibliocraft:
Adds a lot of various storage items. There are addons called Bibliowood that adds content based Biomes O Plenty, Nature and ExtraBiomesXL so that looks really nice.

Chisel Mod:
Adds a lot of new blocks that look nice.

Carpenters Blocks: Lets you do amazing things will just about any block, included those modded it. Turn anything into a half block, or stairs, or a door, or a bed. Just amazing to building nice stuff.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: October 04, 2013, 05:38:32 pm »

Knew about some of those, but not all of them. Thanks for the suggestions!
Come play Mafia with us!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: October 04, 2013, 05:57:00 pm »

Hmm, although I'm doing some testing right now and it looks like Better Woods isn't functional with some other mods such as Metallurgy. It replaces the vanilla sticks with new types for each specific wood, and while these new sticks work for some mods, not others. Might be one to avoid... Damn, I liked those shelves!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: October 04, 2013, 06:56:41 pm »

Under Lock And Key sounds like players won't use it. Only 5 pins max with 8 key types really seems trivial... esp with a bar that tells you which picks are needed. Perhaps useful as admin-created 'vaults' for player goodies or NPC stuff.

Pins go up for each lockpick that's in the right spot, but doesn't indicate which pick is in the right spot. Also, the light-up indicator on the bottom signifies how many of the above are the right pick type, but again not which is the right pick type. Mostly, that's to make the system a logical guessing game, instead of a combinatorics nightmare. Note too that each failed attempt will wear out your Lockpicking Kit for each pick you're using (thus faster for harder locks), and if the locked item is also trapped, it will send a Redstone Pulse out, so you can wire poison traps, or hidden spike traps, or instant-death pits, or flaming arrow traps, or whatever to them. Things should still be quite secure. The major allure of the keys and lockpicks thing is to let you use it in new world-spawned dungeons with Locked Chests in them, for creating dungeon-type adventure maps, and for use in enhancing security in Survival Multiplayer games.

Is there a mod pack that replicates the experience of the early Thief games?

* Enemies hear sounds which you make by throwing stuff or walking on surfaces, with loud noises traveling farther.
* Enemies spot you from farther away if you're poorly-hidden, but must almost touch you to spot you in darkness.
* Enemies take a lot more damage when not "alerted", which means they haven't seen or heard anything suspicious.
* Armor makes you much less stealthy and slower (which would encourage playing unarmored).
* Monsters generate when people are not around, if at all, not just in darkness. This way darkness is your friend.
* Lots of different arrows: water to put out torches and fires, fire to cause explosions and light fires, noisemaker to distract, rope to create hanging vines, gas to knock out enemies silently, moss to cover a loud floor with a quiet surface

Most importantly,

* Generates really nice dense towns with tenements, marketplaces, mansions, castles, police stations, prisons, vaults, temples, ruins.
* Mission or rumor generator, or map waypoints, or quest generation, or something!

Actually, the above mod is going to be bundled with a Stealth Overhaul to do something similar to Thief, though geared for the pseudo-clockpunk setting that is Minecraft, without the quest-style elements, and with other human players in mind as well as NPCs. Though, I suppose there's no harm in saying that most of these mods are building to a Procedurally-Generated RPG Overhaul mod... the idea is that players have to "tame" wilderness regions by finding and completing procedurally-generated dungeons and besting Boss Monsters, in order to unlock the region for harvesting and building. And NPC villages get a bit of an overhaul, offering gear and equipment, and procedurally-generated quests that mesh with the gods and artifacts and dungeons and currency and stealth overhaul system. The crafting would be enhanced with minigame style variants that allow for variable quality products based on player skill, and so on.

At least, that's the theory.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:01:59 pm by Solifuge »

reded88

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: October 04, 2013, 07:50:49 pm »

I'm surprised no one said DNS Techpack, the best mod pack I've ever played imo. Over 100 mods, fitting with the tech theme, no fancy bath-robe or magical sticks are in this. Only flaw I have with it is that it requires a pretty strong computer.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: October 06, 2013, 12:36:44 pm »

This looks really cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4ycaVzypwk

(Thaumcraft 4)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4374 on: October 06, 2013, 12:39:52 pm »

This looks really cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4ycaVzypwk

(Thaumcraft 4)
Yep, been watching Direwolf20 play with the alpha?/beta? copy of it on forgecraft servers. Very nice.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: October 06, 2013, 12:43:58 pm »

Speaking of Thaumcraft 4...
ITS FINALLY OUT YAY

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4376 on: October 06, 2013, 12:45:29 pm »

ITS FINALLY OUT YAY
Wait what? Nice! I'm working on something now but will update my servers asap.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: October 06, 2013, 12:46:44 pm »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: October 06, 2013, 12:49:35 pm »

Posting to watch.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: October 06, 2013, 04:02:05 pm »

ITS FINALLY OUT YAY
Awwww sizzle!
Ok, looking for mods that go well with Thaumcraft...
Wow putting this on a server will be interesting, nobody will know what 'TC' means anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 326