Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975686 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4350 on: October 03, 2013, 01:29:20 pm »

Been in the mood for Minecraft again, and figured I'd check out 1.6 along with Millenaire, since I like to have a more living world to interact with when playing single player. Anyone know of some good mods that play well with Millenaire and are working with 1.6?
I have always been a fan of the Underground Biomes mod, Metallurgy should also work well, tough any conflicts should probably be easy to handle with the config files.
Biomes o Plenty should work as well, just remember to set each culture to the new biomes, if you want them to spawn there.
Mo Creatures should have very little conflicts as well.
Most Forge based mods are relatively easy to configure IDs.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 01:31:05 pm by Ultimuh »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: October 03, 2013, 01:31:02 pm »

Cool, thanks. I'll check around to see what Forge mods are up for 1.6. See what I can put together that'll be fun.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: October 03, 2013, 01:32:25 pm »

Cool, thanks. I'll check around to see what Forge mods are up for 1.6. See what I can put together that'll be fun.
I added links to the mods I mentioned.

edit: Of course, there are those mods which simply are incompatible for other reasons than ID conflicts.
Millenaire is one of the mods which may or may not work as intended with certain other mods regardless of Forge.

edit2: I forgot to mention Somnia, which is very essential to Millenaire.
Since children/teens only grow at night (Unless that has changed since last I played with the Millenaire mod.), using beds tend to halt that processs without Somnia.

edit3: If you are a fan of Final Fantasy, Torojima's ChocoCraft should not have too many conflicts with millenaire.
However I don't remember if it has any or not.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 01:52:14 pm by Ultimuh »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: October 03, 2013, 02:13:07 pm »

Awesome, thanks.

And, yeah, this'll take a fair amount of testing and tweaking to figure out what does and does not work well with mellenaire. But that's ok. It's good to have a focal point when doing this sort of mod-mixing.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: October 03, 2013, 11:54:59 pm »

Been collaborating on a few Minecraft Mod Projects as of late. They're still WIPs, building toward a pretty major Minecraft Overhaul/Conversion Mod coming down the pipe, but we're going to be releasing it as parts as we go. The goal is to keep it as close in line to Vanilla Minecraft as possible, while keeping it highly mod-compatible as well. Here's a few of the releases we've done so far:

Torch Levers:
A mod built around secret doors, hidden levers, insubstantial illusion blocks, collapsing bridges, hidden spikes, and a set of unique Redstone Utility Blocks that make trap and puzzle filled dungeons more fun. Future builds will include more traps, ways to thwart illusion blocks, and Technician's Goggles which reveal Redstone Wiring through walls, and allow you to sniff for and disable traps.

Maker's Mark:
A certifiable currency and item trademarking mod, designed for use in Faction-Based MP Servers, or for engaging in trade. All currency units are signed and certified by one or more players, so counterfeit coins can be snooped out. Item Trademarks also allow players to track stolen goods, and in combination with variable quality crafting mods like Tinker's Construct, could be used to certify an expert's high-quality items.

Thirst and Energy (WIP):
A WIP mod that introduces elements of survivalism, such as a stamina bar, thirst, illness, and the need to sleep. Running out of energy while swimming could make it hard to stay afloat, and draining your stamina by too much running, jumping, and mining will weaken your attacks and workspeed until you take a short breather. Thirst should support all modded drinks, and sleep all modded beds. May be expanded with additional Survivalism elements, and an expanded food preparation system with beneficial effects based on well-rounded nutrition.

Under Lock and Key (WIP):
A security and storage mod, naturally built around locks and keys. Locks can be placed on chests, doors, furnaces, and even non-vanilla machine blocks and workbenches, to prevent anyone from using them unless unlocked by the proper key. Each Master Key creates linked Locks and Key Copies (which cannot be duplicated), and keyrings to combine multiple keys into a single item. May also include a forms of block protection, liquid-storing barrels, bulk-storage crates, and bags which can be carried with inventories intact, and expanded chest and door-trapping options. Ideal for Multiplayer or adventure map construction.

Other upcoming mods:
- Deuscraft, which enables temples, gods, worship, natural disasters, miracles, and rituals.
- Aftercraft, which adds a more granular respawn system, methods of item-recovery, and various ghosts and supernatural mobs.
- Myths and Monsters, which adds mythology-inspired materials, artifacts, gear, monsters, and all with brand-new mechanics that build on Minecraft Default.
- Gene Drift, which expands on animal and plant breeding and heredity, and even enables genetic engineering of existing mobs (Ridable chickens? Giant spiders? Exploding, aggressive, always-on-fire pigs?).
- Paint and Paper, which enables photography, painting, writing and scribbling on paper, and using them to decorate your walls.
- Sportscraft, which allows players to recreate in-game sports like Football, Boxing, Paintball, Capture the Flag, etc., via color-coded objects, score-tracking, team mechanics, and easily-customizable and programmable Rules Blocks.
- Craftycraft, which expands on default crafting systems, making them more interactive and skill-based, and creates block interactions to create mechanical energy (eg. windmills, pulleys, ropes, and conveyor belts), electrical energy (eg. rotary generators, capacitors, and automation), and vehicles that can drive, fly, and sail (possibly created from multiple block parts).
- Bastioncraft, which allows servers to synch and share chunks across different save files, or even different servers simultaneously. Players can bring items across worlds via their Bastion, and changes to it are persistent across all linked games. May provide support for uninstalled mod blocks, may auto-update blocks from one server with an older version to a new one, and allow them to be transferred across servers.

...and probably a lot more, though the above are subject to change. Aiming to do at least one small release per week.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 12:05:21 am by Solifuge »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4355 on: October 04, 2013, 02:59:32 am »

Under Lock And Key sounds like players won't use it. Only 5 pins max with 8 key types really seems trivial... esp with a bar that tells you which picks are needed. Perhaps useful as admin-created 'vaults' for player goodies or NPC stuff.

edit: oh, if you let the player have traps triggered by failed attempts, the mere possibility of traps will serve as a deterrant. But wouldn't Redstone Goggle-things let you see the traps? @_@

Otherwise, they all sound very interesting.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:28:20 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: October 04, 2013, 03:03:27 am »

Hoooooooly crap. I know a mod which, IIRC, planned to include a system like Under Lock and Key, but the two coders it has were busy with higher-priority issues.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: October 04, 2013, 09:26:01 am »

which modpack has the most technical mods crammed into it? I know about the technic pack and technic website, but looking for suggestions. i prefer something that if it doesnt have mo creatures i can add that too. other stuff in the pack is fine, but i really like technical stuff like buildcraft,etc... i think there are some patches to get better than wolves to work with other mods, but not sure if they are crammed into any mod packs

i like figuring out cool things to build with modpacks and then doing cool stuff to make features from different packs work together.

not looking for 'cheat' mods. i generally play solo.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: October 04, 2013, 09:40:41 am »

Obligatory: The FTB Launcher has a lot of modpacks, most of which are very technical in design.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: October 04, 2013, 12:40:31 pm »

Here is a list of mods on FTB ampz mod pack. Not sure what you are looking for but it seems to be entirely based on tech.

Voltz/Ampz is a mod pack that consists of various Universal Electricity mods introducing a realistic and unique experience into Minecraft. Build large reactors and burn your enemies with missiles; create contraptions with force fields and machinery! The pack will be sure to bring exciting new possibilities into Minecraft!
This pack contains the following mods by default:

Applied Energistics (AlgorithmX2)
Atomic Science (Calclavia)
CoFHCore (King_Lemming)
ChickenCode Core (ChickenBones)
Not Enough Items (ChickenBones)
Galacticraft (Micdoodle)
Minefactory Reloaded (Powercrystals)
ExtrabiomesXL (MisterFiber)
ICBM (Calclavia)
Inventory Tweaks (Kobata)
Mekanism (Aidancbrady)
Modular Force Field System (Calclavia)
Minefactory Reloaded (Powercrystals)
Modular Powersuits (MachineMuse)
Modular Powersuits Addon (Andrew)
Rei's Minimap (ReiFNSK)
NEI Plugins (mistaqur)
Immibis Core (Immbis)
Immibis's Microblocks (Immbis)
RedLogic (Immbis)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: October 04, 2013, 02:25:15 pm »

Is there a mod pack that replicates the experience of the early Thief games?

* Enemies hear sounds which you make by throwing stuff or walking on surfaces, with loud noises traveling farther.
* Enemies spot you from farther away if you're poorly-hidden, but must almost touch you to spot you in darkness.
* Enemies take a lot more damage when not "alerted", which means they haven't seen or heard anything suspicious.
* Armor makes you much less stealthy and slower (which would encourage playing unarmored).
* Monsters generate when people are not around, if at all, not just in darkness. This way darkness is your friend.
* Lots of different arrows: water to put out torches and fires, fire to cause explosions and light fires, noisemaker to distract, rope to create hanging vines, gas to knock out enemies silently, moss to cover a loud floor with a quiet surface

Most importantly,

* Generates really nice dense towns with tenements, marketplaces, mansions, castles, police stations, prisons, vaults, temples, ruins.
* Mission or rumor generator, or map waypoints, or quest generation, or something!

A rumor generator could just tell you what cool things are in a town.
Map waypoints would put a thing on your map saying "Temple" or "Mansion".
Quests would be NPCs who ask for X thing to be found in the mansion of Y person in Z town. It would help if you could ask questions like, what direction is Z town? And once you get in the town you can ask What direction is Y person's mansion?

Basically two parts: the first set of mods would need to set up the game rules, and the second set of mods would generate the game world and motivation.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: October 04, 2013, 02:26:32 pm »

thanks. i prefer packs that also come with buildcraft, industrialcraft, railcraft as well. really like those mods.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: October 04, 2013, 02:36:37 pm »

checked out the FTB mod site. never saw it before. very good. the ultimate pack has buildcraft/industrialcraft.

these packs only work through 1.5.2. any word on when they will work with 1.6? didnt see it on the site

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: October 04, 2013, 02:59:02 pm »

- Deuscraft, which enables temples, gods, worship, natural disasters, miracles, and rituals.
- Aftercraft, which adds a more granular respawn system, methods of item-recovery, and various ghosts and supernatural mobs.
Where are these located? They sounded interesting to follow, but I can't seem to locate them.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: October 04, 2013, 03:12:19 pm »

checked out the FTB mod site. never saw it before. very good. the ultimate pack has buildcraft/industrialcraft.

these packs only work through 1.5.2. any word on when they will work with 1.6? didnt see it on the site
There'll be packs for 1.6 when the mods are released for 1.6.
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 326