Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975633 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3855 on: April 03, 2013, 04:31:40 pm »

Anyone who was playing on my FTB Ultimate server, its back up. We had a small equipment failure (router). Reach it at 71.127.159.195:25564 for now

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: April 08, 2013, 12:21:23 pm »

Question for people who've played FTB. Have you ever run across a dark stone shine/ruin that zapped you when you go too close? I found one in my world and I'm not sure what to do with it or if it's worth being too near.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: April 08, 2013, 12:28:18 pm »

It wasn't the Ruin that zapped you. It was the mobs that it can spawn. They are known as Wisps...
They make bad juju magic stuff go away, but fill the area with their hate for you. Some are not caring, some just want to zap you...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: April 08, 2013, 12:31:02 pm »

It wasn't the Ruin that zapped you. It was the mobs that it can spawn. They are known as Wisps...
They make bad juju magic stuff go away, but fill the area with their hate for you. Some are not caring, some just want to zap you...

Huh. Ok. Yeah, I know about wisps, one must have just been stuck in the blocks or something, since I was getting zapped from the blocks themselves. I'll have to go back and explore it again.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: April 08, 2013, 01:18:21 pm »

Those dark altar thingies have a spawner hidden underneath the central block. This is what spawns the wisps, so it is possible no actual flux is removed from the aura when they spawn.  Regular wisps spawn when aura nodes burp up some of their flux.
Build a little room around it and enjoy your supply of free wisp essence!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: April 08, 2013, 01:22:04 pm »

Ah. Handy!
Come play Mafia with us!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: April 08, 2013, 07:23:19 pm »

Wisps are assholes.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: April 08, 2013, 07:35:25 pm »

I just realised that it's easier to build a fully-functional nuclear reactor than it is to build a single damn solar panel, and then it just gets ridiculous if you want to upgrade. It's also much more efficient to find and tap an oil well for the 384k fuel produces in a diesel generator
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: April 08, 2013, 09:23:22 pm »

I just realised that it's easier to build a fully-functional nuclear reactor than it is to build a single damn solar panel, and then it just gets ridiculous if you want to upgrade. It's also much more efficient to find and tap an oil well for the 384k fuel produces in a diesel generator
Sounds like you've heard of gregtech. ::)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: April 09, 2013, 07:19:51 am »

I wanted to do an IC2 "run" on Forsaken's server, but then I discovered what GregTech was... so I just decided to pass on IC2. :(

GregTech as the sole mod on a server could be fun, but compared to and played with other mods it's just too grindy.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3865 on: April 09, 2013, 07:21:19 am »

It isn't -that- bad. Several people have made very good progress through gregtech's line of stuff.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: April 09, 2013, 10:47:55 am »

Meta: I actually disagree. Some other mods are actually what make gregtech tolerable. Have you ever tried to get enough rubies to make any amount of chrome without RP2 installed?

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: April 09, 2013, 12:13:11 pm »

Meta: I actually disagree. Some other mods are actually what make gregtech tolerable. Have you ever tried to get enough rubies to make any amount of chrome without RP2 installed?
Chrome? Aha, I don't even know what you're talking about. :D
I'm still a noob with a lot of mods.

But you and forsaken are right: it's also a question of willpower, at least from me. :)
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: April 09, 2013, 01:43:46 pm »

Chrome? Aha, I don't even know what you're talking about. :D
I'm still a noob with a lot of mods.
You need chrome to make tier 3 machine blocks. 4 ingots > 1 block.
You get 1 ingot of chrome per 9 rubies, or 2 chrome for 20 uvarovite, and you get 3 uvarovite from 16 yellow garnet.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: April 09, 2013, 06:10:04 pm »

Gregtech is actually lots of fun for me. It just fails to include some mods, which ruins the natural progression. A few tweaks here and there and it'd be perfect.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 326