Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975560 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3810 on: April 01, 2013, 05:59:38 pm »

Okay, it is now actually up. connect to muse.dyndns.tv:25564

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: April 01, 2013, 06:00:25 pm »

A good idea would be having the spawn area nicely set up with aestethics in mind, or at least forbid any big ugly square constructions there. :p

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: April 01, 2013, 06:00:47 pm »

You can also configure Gregtech to not mess with the IC2 recipes (which I prefer, since, really, there is no good reason to make a watermill hard to make.)

That leaves all the Gregtech stuff in for those who want to use it but lets those who don't want to deal with it just stick to easier mods.

It's under the usefullrecipes heading in the file.
Once again, that would require people to modify their client before they could connect though. The point of using FTB at all is that its simple and ready-made. I'll just be hosting FTB ultimate for now.

Hmm. I already have that modification on my computer. Will that effect anything if I go over to the server, or will the server config take precedence?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: April 01, 2013, 06:01:06 pm »

Well I can deal with having gregtech, its really my only complaint (besides not including optifine) about FTB.

Also, I'd forgotten about the pulverizer. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3814 on: April 01, 2013, 06:02:17 pm »

You can also configure Gregtech to not mess with the IC2 recipes (which I prefer, since, really, there is no good reason to make a watermill hard to make.)

That leaves all the Gregtech stuff in for those who want to use it but lets those who don't want to deal with it just stick to easier mods.

It's under the usefullrecipes heading in the file.
Once again, that would require people to modify their client before they could connect though. The point of using FTB at all is that its simple and ready-made. I'll just be hosting FTB ultimate for now.

Hmm. I already have that modification on my computer. Will that effect anything if I go over to the server, or will the server config take precedence?
If your configs differ from the server's then you will see incorrect recipes for the affected items and you won't be able to correctly craft the items with different recipes. Otherwise you shouldn't be adversely affected. I'd really suggest using a default config when playing on the server though.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: April 01, 2013, 06:04:51 pm »

Ah, ok. I can probably set up a batch file or something to swap between config files depending on where I'm going, then.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3816 on: April 01, 2013, 06:05:35 pm »

Ah, ok. I can probably set up a batch file or something to swap between config files depending on where I'm going, then.
Or just do what I do and have several separate instances. I think I have upwards of 20 these days from various versions and servers

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3817 on: April 01, 2013, 06:07:16 pm »

Ultimuh, are you getting errors?

Incidentally I'm rebooting the server hardware. It will be back in minutes.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 06:22:04 pm by forsaken1111 »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: April 01, 2013, 06:24:27 pm »

I had, but I fixed it by adding someting I forgot to add something last I reinstalled FTB.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3819 on: April 01, 2013, 06:30:37 pm »

Its coming back up now, should be smoother

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: April 01, 2013, 08:02:42 pm »

So has anyone seen the new Technic Pack site and their "Technic Platform" launcher? It has a pretty interesting public custom mudpack system now. Supposedly anyone can create a modpack and upload it to the site, with a description, thumbnail, etc. and allow others to download it with their launcher, adding it to their list of modpacks.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3821 on: April 01, 2013, 08:16:19 pm »

So has anyone seen the new Technic Pack site and their "Technic Platform" launcher? It has a pretty interesting public custom mudpack system now. Supposedly anyone can create a modpack and upload it to the site, with a description, thumbnail, etc. and allow others to download it with their launcher, adding it to their list of modpacks.
I think FTB can do that too with private modpacks.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: April 01, 2013, 09:16:30 pm »

FTB's private modpack things requires you to not be a dick and get approval from all of the mod authors first.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3823 on: April 01, 2013, 09:17:30 pm »

FTB's private modpack things requires you to not be a dick and get approval from all of the mod authors first.
I don't see a problem with either of those...

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: April 01, 2013, 10:15:42 pm »

No problem with it, although getting a yes from some of em like Sengir might be problematic. I dunno if he has a blaket exception for ftb packs.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 326