Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975531 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3780 on: March 17, 2013, 06:46:39 pm »

So I have a lot of mods squashed together working relatively nicely on 1.4.7.
I have gotten this ideal name idea for a world. Basing it off the word Enigma, I created Enigmus.
Now I tried using Enigmus as a seed as well, creatiung a rather interesting starting location.
(Now remember that I use several mods, so recreatiung this could be.. challenging.)

I spawned in a decently sized island. (Large enough for building many things.)
The meny trees had pinkish leaves and the island was inhabited by Sheep and Dryads.
I think the game is trying to tell me something..

If you don't get it.. Sheep gives wool and you make beds using wool as one of the materials.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 06:51:08 pm by Ultimuh »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: April 01, 2013, 11:32:05 am »

Finally got around to playing minecraft again and, prompted by One F Jef's stream, decided to try out the Feed the Beast pack.

This thing is insane.

Lucked out, though. I decided to seed my world with the word Nexus, since it seemed fitting. Got spawned next to a river, some fields, several different forest biomes, a village, and a volcano. That's...pretty damn awesome. Large cave network right underneath me as well, so things have been going well.

Right now I've been mostly working on trying to understand the various mods and how they interact. I played the original IndustrialCraft back in the day, so I've started with IC2 and gotten some basic water turbines up to power a macerator, extractor, and electric furnace. And I've made a bunch of Xychorium bricks to build interesting structures out of. I also have a decent farm going with pens for each major animal and a decent sized farm going.

I think I'll start playing with Thaumacraft next. That looks interesting.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: April 01, 2013, 12:58:10 pm »

FTB is pure win.
I decided to have some Creative fun.

In the end, I had a factory that could make ANYTHING you could make. ANYTHING.
And it would only take several minutes.

Whoooooooyeah.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3783 on: April 01, 2013, 03:45:40 pm »

FTB is pure win.
I decided to have some Creative fun.

In the end, I had a factory that could make ANYTHING you could make. ANYTHING.
And it would only take several minutes.

Whoooooooyeah.
Screenshots? Because a factory which can make any item in the game on demand is nearly impossible to make without significant cheating.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: April 01, 2013, 03:50:12 pm »

He did say it was Creative fun, forsaken.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3785 on: April 01, 2013, 03:51:48 pm »

He did say it was Creative fun, forsaken.
He said he used creative mode to make a factory. If the 'factory' was just using modded magic blocks to spawn items then its not really a factory. I use creative mode to proof-of-concept manufacturing setups all the time so I am genuinely interested. I normally end up having big problems when trying to create a setup which can manufacture more than 200-300 different items from raw components.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: April 01, 2013, 04:19:48 pm »

I read "can make anything you can make".... Which to me just implies an absurd amount of automatic crafting tables or the sort.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3787 on: April 01, 2013, 04:21:27 pm »

I read "can make anything you can make".... Which to me just implies an absurd amount of automatic crafting tables or the sort.
Even so, such a system is incredibly complex and something I've been trying to do for a while which is why I asked if he has any shots of it. I'm curious how he went about it.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: April 01, 2013, 05:16:03 pm »

Does anyone know of a small Feed The Beast server I could play on? I am getting bored of building things in singleplayer, and I don't want to join some big server with a bunch of arseholes and kids screaming about.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: April 01, 2013, 05:20:11 pm »

Does anyone know of a small Feed The Beast server I could play on? I am getting bored of building things in singleplayer, and I don't want to join some big server with a bunch of arseholes and kids screaming about.
I kinda feel the same.
So a small server, hosted by a fellow Bay12'er would be nice.
Also, I have become quite interested in Forestry's bee/tree breeding.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3790 on: April 01, 2013, 05:21:34 pm »

I've been working on such a server but its not yet ready for players. I could throw up a FTB server though for you guys.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: April 01, 2013, 05:23:26 pm »

I'd been considering doing one, but forsaken could probably do it more consistantly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: April 01, 2013, 05:23:56 pm »

That sounds great, so where and when would we expect such a server to be up?
Dibs on the beekeeping gig!

edit: Also, would it be Ultimate or light?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: April 01, 2013, 05:26:09 pm »

Depends on what I/he could run, Ultimuh. I'd prefer Ultimate (sans GregTech?) since thats what I've been trying, but I'm not sure how the ram would work if I ran it and played at the same time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: April 01, 2013, 05:27:08 pm »

but I'm not sure how the ram would work if I ran it and played at the same time.
Yes, that could be an issue..
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 326