Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974770 times)

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3315 on: November 10, 2012, 08:03:59 am »

I need to ask, has anyone else beside myself played on a "Dwarf vs Zombies" server?
Quick edit:Just to make sure, yes, these sorts for server have a lot for mods.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:06:03 am by Evilsx »

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: November 10, 2012, 08:28:02 am »

Considering how important Redpower 2 is to FTB I wonder if we'll see a release of that tonight as well.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3317 on: November 10, 2012, 08:44:27 am »

Considering how important Redpower 2 is to FTB I wonder if we'll see a release of that tonight as well.
I'm wondering that as well.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: November 10, 2012, 08:47:50 am »

People in the RP2 topic have quoted Slowpoke saying RP2 won't be in the first FTB release but might get added in the next week. Apparently he asked Eloraam and she says it's just not ready yet.

Edit: Wonder if it'll be surprise update tonight.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 12:29:36 pm by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: November 10, 2012, 08:51:01 am »

Any chance on a FTB server, forsaken?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3320 on: November 10, 2012, 08:52:56 am »

Any chance on a FTB server, forsaken?
I have no problem with running a FTB server, sure. Slowpoke made it pretty easy as you can just wget the server install pack.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: November 10, 2012, 04:18:40 pm »

frickin' frackin'... just looked at FTB... it has way too many mods... and apparently still more to come... but maybe I'll give it a try... At least it doesn't seem to have anything absurdly wacky like technic... most of this stuff I can (try to) ignore if I want.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3322 on: November 10, 2012, 04:20:16 pm »

frickin' frackin'... just looked at FTB... it has way too many mods... and apparently still more to come... but maybe I'll give it a try... At least it doesn't seem to have anything absurdly wacky like technic... most of this stuff I can (try to) ignore if I want.
You can remove any you don't want..

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3323 on: November 10, 2012, 04:20:51 pm »

Or you could just put the mods together yourself and not take a bunch of server data for a load of mods you won't use :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3324 on: November 10, 2012, 04:22:35 pm »

Indeed. I just used the launcher to pull down the mods I wanted and put them into my own multiMC instance

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: November 10, 2012, 08:45:10 pm »

The main strength of modpacks is standardization. Plenty of people run servers with a buncha mods and they all suffer from issues with getting a decent stable playerbase. People don't want to put up with setting up the specific mods a server uses. With a modpack you just have to download/run one thing and every server running that pack runs fine. And they have a working mods menu for disabling specific mods, which Technic lacks.

The main issue I'm running into is the implementation of Factorization into the pack. It's a mod that requires a lot of silver and lead, so simply using Redpower spawns isn't viable. But they somehow messed up the ore dictionary so you have multiple types of tin, bronze and copper ingots floating around. Technic already frustrates me a little with all the ores that offer relatively pointless options, I imagine when xyCraft and Thaumcraft come out It'll be a hute issue for FTB.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3326 on: November 10, 2012, 08:49:44 pm »

The main strength of modpacks is standardization. Plenty of people run servers with a buncha mods and they all suffer from issues with getting a decent stable playerbase. People don't want to put up with setting up the specific mods a server uses. With a modpack you just have to download/run one thing and every server running that pack runs fine. And they have a working mods menu for disabling specific mods, which Technic lacks.

The main issue I'm running into is the implementation of Factorization into the pack. It's a mod that requires a lot of silver and lead, so simply using Redpower spawns isn't viable. But they somehow messed up the ore dictionary so you have multiple types of tin, bronze and copper ingots floating around. Technic already frustrates me a little with all the ores that offer relatively pointless options, I imagine when xyCraft and Thaumcraft come out It'll be a hute issue for FTB.
the ore dictionary simply makes all ores interchangable. It doesn't make them the same item

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3327 on: November 11, 2012, 01:05:29 pm »

weather is tied directly to the biome. You're in a plains biome, thus it rains when the downfall flag is on. Snow happens only in snowy biomes, and in deserts it just gets darker.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3328 on: November 11, 2012, 01:26:11 pm »

Hmm... well, given how he's been able to make snow tiles appear on areas below 0, shouldn't it be possible to make it so the biome changes in areas below 0?
What mod is this? I have no idea what method he's used so I couldn't say how easy it is, but I can tell you that the downfall thing is harder to modify.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: November 11, 2012, 01:31:28 pm »

TFC did previously have snow in cold areas, like mountains. Something about more recent updates to the game have made modifying that difficult, so that feature was temporarily removed.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 326