Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975658 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2745 on: August 28, 2012, 03:05:31 pm »

Question for people who have fooled around with Mystcraft:

I finally got a chicken to spawn on my sky island, waited until it laid some eggs, threw them until a new chicken spawned, and killed it for the feather. Time to go world hopping!

First world is in eternal night with bizarre wooden shapes going every which-way. I build a little shelter, bring out my link book, and attempt to place it on a stand, only to drop it on the ground by accident. I had no idea how to pick it up, so I punched it, hoping that it would drop like a block. NOPE. It broke.
Killing myself did not bring me home. Nor did creating a new link book and naming it Overworld. HOW DO I GET HOME?!
You should have created a linking book before you left. Link books are tied to the location they are created at. The only way home now is to keep world hopping until you find a star fissure or make a nether portal.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: August 28, 2012, 03:07:35 pm »

For the record, I DID create a link book before I left. I just failed to set it up in the stand correctly or figure out the right way to pick it up.

What does a star fissure look like?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2747 on: August 28, 2012, 03:10:18 pm »

Big ass hole leading down to void.

And you pick up droppeed books by rightclicking on them, then taking the book out of the GUI that pops up.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: August 28, 2012, 03:16:10 pm »

Big ass hole leading down to void.
Taken out of context, this is a rather hilarious sentence.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: August 28, 2012, 04:15:54 pm »

World-hopping may be your only option.  Eventually you'll spawn a world that has a star fissure, which is where the terrain suddenly fractures and there's a sheer pit leading down past bedrock.  Jump in, and be sent back to "Overworld"!

Nether portals may or may not link back to Overworld.  I'm not sure.  Considering you're on a sky island, it may be considerably difficult to get a nether portal to lead you back to the one bit of solid ground.  Chances are the nether portal will spawn in the middle of nowhere in the overworld with a few bits of obsidian to stand on.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: August 29, 2012, 03:25:04 am »

Anyone know if a way to automatically place microblocks exists? Most methods don't seem to be capable of placing them automatically, which really puts a damper on my plans involving automated frame engine assembly lines... Or at the very least means they will be less elegant.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2751 on: August 29, 2012, 04:06:32 am »

Can someone explain to me why every single tutorial out there (seems to be/) is a long long video? ._.
I do not like videos. I don't want to waste time watching you walk around, fumble for things, and speak when I could read a few lines of text and get over with it in one twenty-fifths of the time. >.>

Especially Mo's Creatures.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2752 on: August 29, 2012, 04:09:36 am »

Can someone explain to me why every single tutorial out there (seems to be/) is a long long video? ._.
I do not like videos. I don't want to waste time watching you walk around, fumble for things, and speak when I could read a few lines of text and get over with it in one twenty-fifths of the time. >.>

Its an easier format for most people to follow than just writing things in text, and more enjoyable if the author of the video is entertaining.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: August 29, 2012, 04:42:56 am »

I fully agree.  Here's my rant,   alway's rant, and Skyrunner's mini-rant.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2754 on: August 29, 2012, 04:55:44 am »

Of course, instead of ranting about it you could create a tutorial in your chosen format so others who dislike videos don't have to use them.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:18:16 am by forsaken1111 »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: August 29, 2012, 05:08:54 am »

except they have all the details here: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Mods/Mo'_Creatures
...aaaand there are unofficial/packs wikis too:
http://technicpack.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Mo'_Creatures

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2756 on: August 29, 2012, 05:21:47 am »

...Except, y'know,

Zebras can only be tamed whilst riding a zorse, zonkey, leopard, or a "cow horse" otherwise they will just flee from the player, you can see how to get a "cow horse" by looking at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDzoNfKA_is

Also, there's nothing about cow horses on the first link.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:29:15 am by Skyrunner »

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: August 29, 2012, 05:31:31 am »

...Except, y'know,

Zebras can only be tamed whilst riding a zorse, zonkey, leopard, or a "cow horse" otherwise they will just flee from the player, you can see how to get a "cow horse" by looking at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDzoNfKA_is

:D

Also, there's nothing about cow horses on the first link. :3

maybe you just fail at google:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/81771-v125-mo-creatures-v371-with-mohorses-donkeys-mules-zebras-zorses-and-extrabiomesxl-support/page__st__37880#entry16636983

this is more descriptive but may be slightly off being from technic
http://technicpack.wikia.com/wiki/Horse#Breeding
http://technicpack.wikia.com/wiki/File:Horse-Breeding-Chart.png

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: August 29, 2012, 05:36:42 am »

Of course, instead of ranting about it you could create a tutorial in your chosen format so others who dislike videos don't have to use them.

Mmmm?  Wouldn't I have to, like, watch those video tutorials first?  The ones I generally can't stand?

Gently caress that poo-poo.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2759 on: August 29, 2012, 05:37:06 am »

Yes, I must fail google-fu :/
Or rather, Ididn't examine the chart enough.

Still, videos > text tutorials by a wide margin still stands.

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 326