Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976556 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2055 on: August 02, 2012, 12:01:16 pm »

Some modders are just insane. Sengir returned a $50 donation that KakerMix sent him just because Kaker didn't get his permission to include Forestry in the Technic pack.
The situation between sengir and the technic people is more complicated than you make it sound. It is my understanding that Kakermix was trying to use that donation as a sort of "I donated so you can't tell me to remove your mod!" obligation type thing, so he returned the donation.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2056 on: August 02, 2012, 12:05:14 pm »

And there's also Eloraam's little note expressly forbidding modification or reverse engineering of her mod, which is only possible to use due to reverse engineered and modified Minecraft code.
Am now thinking that it would be awesome to make a mod that's exclusively a modified version of redpower with lot's of GENUINE content added and plop it down on a thread in this forum...
Except that Eloraam will first start bitching at poor old toady, who'll in all likelihood ignore her whining, then followed by her releasing her kraken (her fans) on us.
Which probably means any manner of ranging from freelance DDOS to a bunch of flamers, trollers, and sassers EVERYWHERE.
Meaning we end up stressing Toady out. Ze Toad One deserves a little better than that imo. D:

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: August 02, 2012, 12:39:53 pm »

I'd just like a mod that impersonates the RP World module, without actually using any of Eloraam's precious code.

That's legal.  Interfaces are not protectable by copyright..  The decision in Oracle v. Google said so.

If I knew Java, I'd do it myself.  Hate the volcanoes, and hate those rubber trees screwing up my scenery.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2058 on: August 02, 2012, 12:48:39 pm »

Hate the volcanoes, and hate those rubber trees screwing up my scenery.
I'm pretty sure that can be dealt with by using a forge mod that also has copper + tin, and make a crafting recipe in CMS that converts redstone into nikolite via lapis or something, but that defeats the purpose of making an awesome pseudo clone of her mod to spite her, right?
Albeit, It'd be extremely hard to pull off the same things Eloraam does, being an ass doesn't reduce her ridiculously high end modding skill (I think? I'm calling it by what I see), and we'd probably end up with something that is laughable in comparison to her mod, probably.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: August 02, 2012, 12:52:33 pm »

Ill do some shittery in response to this asshattery, you guys sit back and enjoy the show. I got a fucking plan.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2060 on: August 02, 2012, 12:53:25 pm »

Ill do some shittery in response to this asshattery, you guys sit back and enjoy the show. I got a fucking plan.
And then something bad happens. I just know it.
I got the worst feeling.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: August 02, 2012, 12:53:58 pm »

POPCORN! FRESHLY POPPED POPCORN!

Only 2 euros per kilogram!

(please note, i do not know anything about popcorn prices)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: August 02, 2012, 12:54:35 pm »

... but that defeats the purpose of making an awesome pseudo clone of her mod to spite her, right?
... and we'd probably end up with something that is laughable in comparison to her mod, probably.

What 0x is proposing isn't a clone. It's something that removes the dependency on World by tricking the other modules into thinking that World is installed.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2063 on: August 02, 2012, 12:57:04 pm »

... but that defeats the purpose of making an awesome pseudo clone of her mod to spite her, right?
... and we'd probably end up with something that is laughable in comparison to her mod, probably.

What 0x is proposing isn't a clone. It's something that removes the dependency on World by tricking the other modules into thinking that World is installed.
Ohohohohohoho
Tu gusta.
Drpoo is still leaving me worried though.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: August 02, 2012, 01:02:59 pm »

Well, you could do it, as i think elooram made the FORGE ORE DICTIONARY \o/, so we can implent the ores and just leave that out. Thing is, that would require CODE REVERSE ENGINEERING >:c to trick the other modules.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: August 02, 2012, 01:20:00 pm »

Some modders are just insane. Sengir returned a $50 donation that KakerMix sent him just because Kaker didn't get his permission to include Forestry in the Technic pack.
The situation between sengir and the technic people is more complicated than you make it sound. It is my understanding that Kakermix was trying to use that donation as a sort of "I donated so you can't tell me to remove your mod!" obligation type thing, so he returned the donation.
Nope, KakerMix has donated to most of the mod authors IIRC, he donates because he enjoys the mod and wants to give the creators something other than the massive amount of additional recognition they get from Technic.
*Hugs*

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: August 02, 2012, 02:18:27 pm »

Don't forget the huge number of donations they also get from the many Technic Pack unified donation lists. They have a page that combines all the donation links linked directly from the launcher apparently.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: August 02, 2012, 02:21:22 pm »

Nah, those are all funneled to Kaker's swedish bank account so he can roll around in money and laugh at all the peons whilst smoking from his diamond crack pipe.
*Hugs*

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: August 02, 2012, 02:42:56 pm »

Nah, those are all funneled to Kaker's swedish bank account so he can roll around in money and laugh at all the peons whilst smoking from his diamond crack pipe.

You are such a wonderfully funny 17 year old girl. Or 18? I forgot.
You are such a wonderfully funny 18 year old girl.

Alright, boys and girls, i will wait with the show for tomorrow, be sure to bring Churro's and hotdogs too, miauw.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2069 on: August 02, 2012, 02:47:43 pm »

Money fort. He has one.

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 326