Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976788 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #1815 on: July 17, 2012, 03:41:58 am »

Hm...

If I could get TF Craft, Smart Moving and Thirst Mod all in a server it would be like a realism mode.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1816 on: July 17, 2012, 04:27:10 am »

And maybe some other mod that allows you to make wooden buckets, unless that's inside Thirst Mod.
Mo's Creatures tweaked to remove all the ogres and stuff, and just leave the increased wildlife would help with the atmosphere as long as it actually works in SMP...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1817 on: July 17, 2012, 06:39:05 am »

Mo Creatures would work if we remove the more annoying ones, yes.

also I see no reason not to include railcraft. I probably will NOT include things like redpower and IC2. Redpower messes with world gen with no ability to turn that off, and I doubt it would play nice with TF Craft. IC2 trivializes the refining of ore into ingots compared to the requirements in TF Craft. Buildcraft... I don't know it it works with TF Craft's diamonds. If not I could set up a secure area for trading TF Craft gems for diamond gears and other items. I will probably include forestry, though I doubt the arboretum works with all of the new trees.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1818 on: July 17, 2012, 07:05:47 am »

Tree cap for sure. Makes logging much faster and less of an exercise in grinding. And I think Tree capicator can be modified to include new log types.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1819 on: July 17, 2012, 07:15:47 am »

Tree cap for sure. Makes logging much faster and less of an exercise in grinding. And I think Tree capicator can be modified to include new log types.
Treecap isn't necessary with TF Craft, all trees fall when chopped and turn into logs which can be split into planks with saws.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: July 17, 2012, 07:29:10 am »

That sounds bloody awesome, I've always wanted MC to have massive veins of ore rarely generated rather than little bits all over the shop.

You

You are a bad person
Well I was drunk when I posted that.
Still an awesome idea :P
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1821 on: July 17, 2012, 07:40:09 am »

That sounds bloody awesome, I've always wanted MC to have massive veins of ore rarely generated rather than little bits all over the shop.

You

You are a bad person
Well I was drunk when I posted that.
Still an awesome idea :P
I'm with you. Ore veins should be rare and precious, not every 12 tiles in every direction.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: July 17, 2012, 07:42:37 am »

Especially with TFCraft taking so long to process the ores and such. So instead of it being like vanilla, where you mine ore, build a furnace, smelt the ore, then toss the furnace in lava and continue on your way, it's more.

Find ore vein. Establish mining camp around local area of the vein, mine and process ore over the course of several days, repeat.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1823 on: July 17, 2012, 07:46:22 am »

Especially with TFCraft taking so long to process the ores and such. So instead of it being like vanilla, where you mine ore, build a furnace, smelt the ore, then toss the furnace in lava and continue on your way, it's more.

Find ore vein. Establish mining camp around local area of the vein, mine and process ore over the course of several days, repeat.
Or later on with railcraft, establish mining camp and build actual minecart tracks out to ore vein, mine ore and send back on storage cart for the smiths to work. They send the cart back with new tools.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: July 17, 2012, 07:59:27 am »

Sending stuff down to the mines would be easy. Sending it back up, without manual power, would require you to be quite well established.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1825 on: July 17, 2012, 08:01:23 am »

Sending stuff down to the mines would be easy. Sending it back up, without manual power, would require you to be quite well established.
wouldn't a furnace in a cart make a powered cart to send it back up? (never tried...)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: July 17, 2012, 08:03:02 am »

One can't actually build furnaces in TFCraft, and thus cannot build furnace carts.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1827 on: July 17, 2012, 08:05:41 am »

One can't actually build furnaces in TFCraft, and thus cannot build furnace carts.
Good point. So you'd have to wait till you could make powered rails.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: July 17, 2012, 08:31:03 am »

Or just spawn in furnace carts in exchange for the required materials.
Although one could then reverse engineer the cart into a furnace, which would probably do bad things.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1829 on: July 17, 2012, 08:41:13 am »

Or just spawn in furnace carts in exchange for the required materials.
Although one could then reverse engineer the cart into a furnace, which would probably do bad things.
Yeah that wouldn't work out well. Powered tracks aren't terribly hard to make, but would be resource intensive so any such system would be quite a project.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 326