Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975194 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2012, 07:27:02 am »

I just been looking at Direwolf20's Spotlight on Thaumcraft. I want it, but I have long forgotten how to mod Minecraft. How do I mod all these fun Mods together again... T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #256 on: April 19, 2012, 07:27:52 am »

I'd suggest a perimeter of dawn totems around your home in 5 block intervals to hold back the surface taint, and then several more around the house to keep any subsurface taint at bay. Also Taint cannot spread to glass, I learned that by experimentation.

I just been looking at Direwolf20's Spotlight on Thaumcraft. I want it, but I have long forgotten how to mod Minecraft. How do I mod all these fun Mods together again... T_T
Wut? The instructions are like... right on the forum page.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 19, 2012, 07:33:31 am »

I'd suggest a perimeter of dawn totems around your home in 5 block intervals to hold back the surface taint, and then several more around the house to keep any subsurface taint at bay. Also Taint cannot spread to glass, I learned that by experimentation.

Trust me, I have lost my touch with Modding Minecraft that I blackscreen installing Modlauncher. I mean, HOW THE FUCK!?!?!?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 19, 2012, 07:42:24 am »

I suggest just getting Technic then, it's as simple as running the launcher, and you can disable most of the mods that you don't want.
*Hugs*

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 19, 2012, 07:43:38 am »

I suggest just getting Technic then, it's as simple as running the launcher, and you can disable most of the mods that you don't want.
Yeah I failed that too T_T I will try again...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #260 on: April 19, 2012, 07:57:22 am »

Trust me, I have lost my touch with Modding Minecraft that I blackscreen installing Modlauncher. I mean, HOW THE FUCK!?!?!?
Did you delete meta-inf?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 19, 2012, 08:02:38 am »

If your blackscreening using Modloader, then your just have an old verison, dummy! :P
Delete your current folder, install it again, delete the Meta-infBolded for importance, and run Minecraft.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 19, 2012, 08:07:47 am »

Why do they keep that damn thing anyway I mean it's not like anybody in their right mind doesn't delete it.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 19, 2012, 08:22:27 am »

Yeah I failed that too T_T I will try again...

It's pretty easy to mod minecraft, just remove/rename your existing .minecraft folder (located in C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Application Data\.minecraft on windows xp), then launch minecraft.exe to let it re-download the whole thing (it's pretty fast),close it, get Risugami's ModLoader, Forge -you can find links for those two on mods forum page and maybe this thread OP- and whatever mods you want that are compatible (for instance right now on this install i have minecraft 1.2.5 and Equivalent Exchange + Buildcraft + Thaumcraft).

Then it's just a matter of opening \.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar and deleting the "meta-inf" folder, then dumping first the contents of the Risugami's ModLoader.zip in the jar, then the same with Forge, and then you check your various mods, most of them will require you to simply put the downloaded unextracted .zip/.rar/.jar in the .minecraft\mods folder -which you can create yourself if it's not there.

If i look at my mods, i can see that Equivalent Exchange requires to be extracted and the two folder inside (\mods and \resources) directly dumped in the .minecraft folder, while the Thaumcraft .zip needs to be dumped in the \mods folder, and same with all the buildcraft .zips ; the mod comes in several parts so that you can install only the ones that you want (or all of them in my case).

Once all of this is done you should be able to launch minecraft.exe again and play with your mods no problem.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:40:08 am by Sirian »

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #264 on: April 19, 2012, 08:27:51 am »

Huh.  I DLed Modloader and the Millenaire installer, got 3 green checkmarks, started the game, saw nothing different after 30 min or so of wandering around...
So I decided to generate a new world.  Closed and re-opened the program, and now minecraft won't start at all.  It just freezes on the loading screen at "done loading".  Tried wiping and re-DLing vanilla, no luck.  Tried playing browser-based, still freezing. 
Probably a vista thing, since I just upgraded a week ago and am still getting used to the new OS, but still....annoying.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 19, 2012, 08:29:12 am »

Well if it's vista, try running minecraft as administrator.

Also, what does the meta-inf folder even do?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 19, 2012, 08:32:00 am »

Probably a vista thing, since I just downgraded a week ago
FTFY.

Just so this doesn't devolve into natter, I can't get BC to work. Millénaire, EE, TC2 and MEI all work, so I assume it has something to do with the mod itself... but it's one of the "place the zips into the mods folder" mods and I think even I can't screw that up.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #267 on: April 19, 2012, 08:32:47 am »

Probably a vista thing, since I just downgraded a week ago
FTFY.

Just so this doesn't devolve into natter, I can't get BC to work. Millénaire, EE, TC2 and MEI all work, so I assume it has something to do with the mod itself... but it's one of the "place the zips into the mods folder" mods and I think even I can't screw that up.
Do you get an error?

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #268 on: April 19, 2012, 08:35:34 am »

Oops.  I meant upgraded from vista.   Im running windows 7 now, for the first time, and overall I am liking it a lot more than vista.  Still, new toys come with learning curves.

But Im not looking to start an OS de-rail.  Just pointing out a crash error, and trying as we speak to find a way around it.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 19, 2012, 08:36:07 am »

The usual modloader "can't open BuildcraftCoreetcetera"-errors. None of the BC threads concerning the matter that I found with Google provided a fix or stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 326