Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Seen through a Bay Watchers eyes.  (Read 5948 times)

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
Re: Seen through a Bay Watchers eyes.
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 06:53:30 pm »

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1nu0nkZfS1qb4avko1_500.jpg

Sounds like a genius magazine.  Plus, those articles sound pretty good.

Completely unbiased. A true role model for today's media!

And so perfectly white conservative, too! Actually, the only "conservative teens" I've known were far right fundies and a neo-con who had basically been brainwashed by his mother and stepfather into responding to any political, economic, or social discussion with "REAGAN REAGAN REAGAN!"

That's sad, because I know plenty of conservative teenagers who are hardly brainwashed tools.  Of course, being one of them I'm inclined to say that.  On the other hand, I know plenty of stupid liberal kids who only believe in that ideology because they're told to.  So really, it all depends on who you know.

Im curious whether either group has thought about issues independently and came up with ideas, or whether they just follow whatever is conservative/liberal by whoever has told them that. Since these terms have to get their definitions from somewhere. Its a problem in politics, its turned into football (sida A verses side 1. And the other people dont count, or can be fitted into one of the groups even with differing views, generally by the oppisite side that disagrees with them). (Both "Sides" are guilty of this, due to the nature of them being sides). For example do these kids identify themselves as liberal/conservative, or do they appear to have ideas from these flavours of politics?

Im going to continue to work a solution to a problem based on the problem itself, and if my opinions fit in multiple political genres, well tough, I refuse to place myself into one genre.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 09:13:12 pm »

Abstinence works really well for dwarves. No problems with children and babies at all. Nope. None. I'm sure we can feed them all... I mean teach them to ... I mean turn them out into the cold to sink or swim on their own.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 09:35:36 pm »

Anyway, it will be a bitter day when Santorum (and the 65 Million religious fundamentalists behind him) wins this election. But hey goblins can be ruled by demons after all.

Hmm, I just started wondering if the Mayan calendar ending actually has some point to it...

Santorum: "Nuke 'em all and let God sort 'em out!"

I'd prefer he didn't. I'm busy enough as it is already.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 04:09:27 am »

Abstinence works really well for dwarves. No problems with children and babies at all. Nope. None. I'm sure we can feed them all... I mean teach them to ... I mean turn them out into the cold to sink or swim on their own.

Dorf fortress; your reality meter!
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 08:31:16 pm »

Dorf fortress; your reality meter!

Except dorfs are abstinent until marriage. Bam.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 11:21:59 pm »

Dammit people... You couldn't even get in one reply without turning this into a political thread. We don't give a xXRat Lower BodyXx what your political affiliation is, you're posting in DF GD. Take it to GD, for chrissakes.

And let's lock this thread while we're at it, it's going nowhere good.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Slackratchet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 11:44:40 pm »

I was somewhat surprised by the political turn, it was supposed to be about the Candy, not who went there.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 07:20:18 am »

I think this thread really belongs not to DF but to Liberal Crime Squad!

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 07:30:38 am »

Modding dwarfs to become adults at preteen age.
Here you go: Click me.

Ever over-fished your ponds and made the fish go extinct?
Here: Fish. Meh.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 07:33:22 am by lorb »
Please be gracious in judging my english. (I am not a native speaker/writer.)
"This tile is supported by that wall."

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 07:45:40 am »

Spread your propaganda in GD you pinko commie bastards! This is a forum for hardworking dorfs that have jobs and believe in Urist (who is often associated with gems, kittens, and fire.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 09:55:50 am »

And let's lock this thread while we're at it, it's going nowhere good.

Gatleos confirmed commie >:£

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012, 10:02:13 am »

Rick Santorum was involved. It was bound to get ugly.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 10:28:18 am »

hehe i vote for making actual Candy in df display like this: % after all we do have sugar honey and everything what is needed for a cake. hmmmm strawberrys.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 [2]