Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Seen through a Bay Watchers eyes.  (Read 5954 times)

Slackratchet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Seen through a Bay Watchers eyes.
« on: March 30, 2012, 09:18:09 am »

I was reading the news this morning and saw this article 'In Fairfield candy factory visit, Rick Santorum touts the sweetness of a conservative America' and it took me a second to realize they meant an actual candy factory.

SR.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
Re: Seen through a Bay Watchers eyes.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 11:30:54 am »

Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 12:49:28 pm »

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1nu0nkZfS1qb4avko1_500.jpg

Sounds like a genius magazine.  Plus, those articles sound pretty good.

Completely unbiased. A true role model for today's media!

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 01:54:29 pm »

A recent study can shine some light in the issue

Plus, what would be do with Candy nowadays ?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 12:27:57 am »

And so perfectly white conservative, too! Actually, the only "conservative teens" I've known were far right fundies and a neo-con who had basically been brainwashed by his mother and stepfather into responding to any political, economic, or social discussion with "REAGAN REAGAN REAGAN".

On another note, isn't it rather strange to have the words "Santorum" and "sweet" in the same sentence? I mean, "salty", "bitter", or perhaps "nauseating", but "sweet"?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 06:57:43 am »

On another note, isn't it rather strange to have the words "Santorum" and "sweet" in the same sentence? I mean, "salty", "bitter", or perhaps "nauseating", but "sweet"?

Based on what I know of Santorum's ideals... Being from Europe I can't help but wonder how the hell someone like that can actually stand a chance at politics...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 07:53:39 am »

Based on what I know of Santorum's ideals... Being from Europe I can't help but wonder how the hell someone like that can actually stand a chance at politics...

Im from europe too, but you cant say we did too well on preparing our banks for the future.
*coughDexiacough*
*coughfortiscough*

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 08:01:01 am »

Eep! Greece!

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 08:16:02 am »

Im from europe too, but you cant say we did too well on preparing our banks for the future.
*coughDexiacough*
*coughfortiscough*

I am from Germany and it seemed like a good plan to some of our Politicians (and sometimes i think some followed with "3rd time is a charme"). [edit] I am sorry for that [/edit]

Anyway, it will be a bitter day when Santorum (and the 65 Million religious fundamentalists behind him) wins this election. But hey goblins can be ruled by demons after all. 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 08:35:51 am by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 08:17:23 am »

Is there such things as conservative bias? One thing that has always bugged me about the "liberal media bias" stuff is the simple impossibility for such people to accept that bias can go 2 ways. (Then again since conservative is really just defined by them ad-hoc, and not conservative is liberal, I can see why these people cannot accept such a premise).

And yeah, children tend to be labelled various things by their parents/whoever-benefits-from-it all the time (its universal). I dont know if its for emotional appeal, or to make something seem "hip". (I know I am contributing to the derailing of this thread but to make up for it...)

Also, when I read "Candy Factory" I also did not think of a literal candy factory. Then again its the sort of child-like wonderland that as a kid, I put down on the same page as Santa etc. So that, and Dwarf Fortress. Santa and Dwarf Fortress have permanently warped my view of reality.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 08:39:57 am »

Anyway, it will be a bitter day when Santorum (and the 65 Million religious fundamentalists behind him) wins this election. But hey goblins can be ruled by demons after all.

Hmm, I just started wondering if the Mayan calendar ending actually has some point to it...

Santorum: "Nuke 'em all and let God sort 'em out!"

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Shawarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 11:49:41 am »

I smell farkers.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 04:04:27 pm »

And so perfectly white conservative, too! Actually, the only "conservative teens" I've known were far right fundies and a neo-con who had basically been brainwashed by his mother and stepfather into responding to any political, economic, or social discussion with "REAGAN REAGAN REAGAN!"

That's sad, because I know plenty of conservative teenagers who are hardly brainwashed tools.  Of course, being one of them I'm inclined to say that.  On the other hand, I know plenty of stupid liberal kids who only believe in that ideology because they're told to.  So really, it all depends on who you know.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.
Pages: [1] 2