Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is the worst bug in DF? (69 of 729 fixed - 9%)

[part of children bugs squashed] Bug #535: Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic
- 73 (10%)
Bug #1582: Injured dwarf in bed in stocked hospital ignored by idle doctors and #94: Injured dwarves not recovered
- 63 (8.6%)
Bug #2712: weapons, especially whips, cut through steel armor like butter
- 35 (4.8%)
Bug #1451: Military equipment interferes with civilian equipment (picks/axes/crossbows/quivers)
- 34 (4.7%)
Bug #5097:  Names overwriting text with TrueType
- 24 (3.3%)
[FIXED] Bug #5232: Streams/brooks/rivers getting turned stagnant by nearby pools/ponds
- 48 (6.6%)
Bug #296: Pools/smears/spatters of blood, dust and other materials multiply themselves, get tracked around too much
- 22 (3%)
Bug #2922: Population Cap not working
- 39 (5.3%)
Bug #5312: Undead reanimate too quickly (and forever)
- 62 (8.5%)
Bug #2780: Turtles went extinct on my map (applies to all aquatic vermin)
- 26 (3.6%)
Bug #33: Bronze colossus, skeletal creatures, fleshballs, and others are impossible to kill
- 13 (1.8%)
Bug #3898: Entire Bone Stacks are used in Reactions instead of a single Bone
- 12 (1.6%)
Bug #5611: Cities overwhelmingly build textile industry shops, almost never wood, stone, or metal-related shops - results in nearly no weapons/armor for sale.
- 22 (3%)
Bug #5263: Abandoned shops not reclaimed - Older towns are almost entirely abandoned in spite of Legends listing population in thousands
- 17 (2.3%)
Bug #2327: Blunt weapons extremely ineffective, extended single combat with groundhog
- 12 (1.6%)
Bug #4552: Siegers waiting by bodies of dead leaders
- 16 (2.2%)
Bug #136 When embarking on large area, DF hits 2GB memory limit and crashes
- 16 (2.2%)
Bug #412: Nobles job priority is weird (trading, diagnose, talking with liaison and attend meeting jobs have extremely low priority)
- 32 (4.4%)
bug #4230 - bucket with water inside becomes unusable
- 5 (0.7%)
Bug #4550: Dodging into river/lava/from cliff etc
- 2 (0.3%)
Bug #4590: Unarmored creatures give in to pain too easily - Elephant killed by three hoary marmots when elephant gives in to pain from nibbling
- 7 (1%)
Bug #5106: Slain bandits/companions respawn/duplicate in their original location
- 7 (1%)
Bug #425: Dwarves Not Cleaning Blood
- 25 (3.4%)
[FIXED] Bug #1376: Presence of saltwater marsh causes mountain brooks/pools to become salty
- 4 (0.5%)
Bug #3685: Goblin squads invading a fortress will kill their non-goblin squadmates, sparking loyalty cascade
- 6 (0.8%)
Bugs #287 & #3147: Medical Dwarfs prefer using non-hospital stockpiles than hospital stocks
- 7 (1%)
Bug #5598: Town shops/cabinets contain human-sized clothes regardless of size of actual residents
- 6 (0.8%)
Bug #3015: Invader/sieger mounts flee combat, preventing their riders from fighting (worse with [FLIER] tag)
- 5 (0.7%)
Bug #1346: Adamantine thread used for suturing.
- 11 (1.5%)
Bug #3169: Bone carvers suffer art defacement when somebody leaves the map with stuck-in masterpiece bolts
- 6 (0.8%)
Bug #874: Dwarves refuse to butcher some corpses (buzzards in particular)
- 3 (0.4%)
Bug #4430: Large gems not moved to stockpile
- 9 (1.2%)
Bug #3981: Dwarf with "Installing Colony in Hive" Job stuck in middle of nowhere.
- 18 (2.5%)
Bug #5102: Sewers inhabitants hanging out underwater near outflows (some of them stuck to walls)
- 4 (0.5%)
Bug #4299: Some events can't be zoomed to (from announcements menu) even though they have a definite location
- 23 (3.2%)
Bug #3190: Long Patrol Negative Thoughts seem to escalate, even with long break.
- 15 (2.1%)
Bug #434: Reaction jobs (unlike other jobs) don't look outside burrow for workers and raw materials (works through manager)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 725

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: The worst bug - 34.07-10 poll  (Read 63893 times)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Re: The worst bug - 34.07 poll
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2012, 05:13:53 am »

My hunters withour problem. Just don't assign them to the military (this will cause the above mentioned bug)
I didn't. They still just spend all their time in the meeting room.
Maybe they need quivers/bolts/crossbow?
I already have a crapload of them.
Maybe there are only animalman in your area? Burrows? Allerts? Injuries that make hunting impossible?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2012, 01:26:40 pm »

My hunters withour problem. Just don't assign them to the military (this will cause the above mentioned bug)
I didn't. They still just spend all their time in the meeting room.
Maybe they need quivers/bolts/crossbow?
I already have a crapload of them.
Maybe there are only animalman in your area? Burrows? Allerts? Injuries that make hunting impossible?
Wait... hunters don't hunt weres?

Wherever I embark, there are only werebeasts. So, I guess I can no longer build my food industry on hunting...

Is there a way to make your hunters hunt werebeasts?

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2012, 03:28:58 pm »

Mod dwarves to eat sentient creatures?
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2012, 03:39:05 pm »

I guess I'll just exterminate every werebeast and hope for normal animals to migrate. It's going to be difficult since there are only Kea-men around and they can fly. There should be normal animals in this game too.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2012, 04:17:20 pm »

Just a little clarification: Kea-men are animalpeople. Werecreatures are anounced like megabeasts and transform to wereform on full moon. Their bites result in spreading the infection to your dwarves.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2012, 05:07:58 pm »

Oh, I know that. Sorry I meant I'll just exterminate every animapeople and hope for normal animals to migrate. I didn't know it was impossible to hunt animalpeople and butcher them though. I suppose exterminating every animalpeople will result in some normal animals showing up.

Anyway, I derailed the thread long enough.

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2012, 06:05:01 pm »

I don't see the military pathing bug on here. In both the last two versions (if not all DFVD versions), the military has a hard time comprehending changes in orders, and will continue to path to old station locations or kill locations before realizing they are needed elsewhere. This often results in useless deaths (and thus may well be a feature). It's also annoying that when you holler "KILL THIS KOBOLD THEIF" and the thief runs away, the dwarves path to the location of the kill order, instead of chasing after the thief.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2012, 11:43:59 pm »

I don't see the military pathing bug on here. In both the last two versions (if not all DFVD versions), the military has a hard time comprehending changes in orders, and will continue to path to old station locations or kill locations before realizing they are needed elsewhere. This often results in useless deaths (and thus may well be a feature). It's also annoying that when you holler "KILL THIS KOBOLD THEIF" and the thief runs away, the dwarves path to the location of the kill order, instead of chasing after the thief.
Is it described in http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5393 or http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=1536 , "dwarves path to the location of the kill order" is probably http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=800 (all without save from current version). Which one should I add?

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2012, 11:48:53 pm »

#5393 has a save from 0.34.02, which is basically "good enough", since there shouldn't have been any changes and it's compatible. 

#481, however, is its parent, has the "acknowledged" from Toady, and seems to be another "container" thread that links plenty of other bug reports, and is titled "Kill/attack commands/orders don't work"
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2012, 11:24:05 am »

Bumping this - it needs to have visibility if the poll is to have meaning.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2012, 06:59:21 pm »

Would be great if every version as stickied or something...I figure if we make it easy for Toady to see what bugs are most bothersome we could maybe get at least one per update fixed?

revlob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://revlob.com
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2012, 09:09:40 am »

Just started playing DF again after a year's absence.

All the water on my maps I embark on stagnates! Often instantly! :(

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2012, 11:46:58 am »

Yep. Very annoying. Now, instead of having to do the water pump + constructed cistern thing frequently, you have to do it always! :P

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2012, 02:38:54 pm »

I bet people are voting more often for the higher ones in the list because by reading few in they have decided to vote for one.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2012, 02:45:48 pm »

I bet people are voting more often for the higher ones in the list because by reading few in they have decided to vote for one.

That's a little difficult to prove, necessarily, as the list is sorted based upon how many votes they received in the last poll.  However, I do notice that #5598 received no votes this time, but received votes last time when it was right next to #5611 and #5263, which are other Adventure Mode bugs.

The list is long enough that it's possible people just don't finish the list, and wind up concentrating the votes only in the upper half of the list more generally.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11