Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is the worst bug in DF? (69 of 729 fixed - 9%)

[part of children bugs squashed] Bug #535: Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic
- 73 (10%)
Bug #1582: Injured dwarf in bed in stocked hospital ignored by idle doctors and #94: Injured dwarves not recovered
- 63 (8.6%)
Bug #2712: weapons, especially whips, cut through steel armor like butter
- 35 (4.8%)
Bug #1451: Military equipment interferes with civilian equipment (picks/axes/crossbows/quivers)
- 34 (4.7%)
Bug #5097:  Names overwriting text with TrueType
- 24 (3.3%)
[FIXED] Bug #5232: Streams/brooks/rivers getting turned stagnant by nearby pools/ponds
- 48 (6.6%)
Bug #296: Pools/smears/spatters of blood, dust and other materials multiply themselves, get tracked around too much
- 22 (3%)
Bug #2922: Population Cap not working
- 39 (5.3%)
Bug #5312: Undead reanimate too quickly (and forever)
- 62 (8.5%)
Bug #2780: Turtles went extinct on my map (applies to all aquatic vermin)
- 26 (3.6%)
Bug #33: Bronze colossus, skeletal creatures, fleshballs, and others are impossible to kill
- 13 (1.8%)
Bug #3898: Entire Bone Stacks are used in Reactions instead of a single Bone
- 12 (1.6%)
Bug #5611: Cities overwhelmingly build textile industry shops, almost never wood, stone, or metal-related shops - results in nearly no weapons/armor for sale.
- 22 (3%)
Bug #5263: Abandoned shops not reclaimed - Older towns are almost entirely abandoned in spite of Legends listing population in thousands
- 17 (2.3%)
Bug #2327: Blunt weapons extremely ineffective, extended single combat with groundhog
- 12 (1.6%)
Bug #4552: Siegers waiting by bodies of dead leaders
- 16 (2.2%)
Bug #136 When embarking on large area, DF hits 2GB memory limit and crashes
- 16 (2.2%)
Bug #412: Nobles job priority is weird (trading, diagnose, talking with liaison and attend meeting jobs have extremely low priority)
- 32 (4.4%)
bug #4230 - bucket with water inside becomes unusable
- 5 (0.7%)
Bug #4550: Dodging into river/lava/from cliff etc
- 2 (0.3%)
Bug #4590: Unarmored creatures give in to pain too easily - Elephant killed by three hoary marmots when elephant gives in to pain from nibbling
- 7 (1%)
Bug #5106: Slain bandits/companions respawn/duplicate in their original location
- 7 (1%)
Bug #425: Dwarves Not Cleaning Blood
- 25 (3.4%)
[FIXED] Bug #1376: Presence of saltwater marsh causes mountain brooks/pools to become salty
- 4 (0.5%)
Bug #3685: Goblin squads invading a fortress will kill their non-goblin squadmates, sparking loyalty cascade
- 6 (0.8%)
Bugs #287 & #3147: Medical Dwarfs prefer using non-hospital stockpiles than hospital stocks
- 7 (1%)
Bug #5598: Town shops/cabinets contain human-sized clothes regardless of size of actual residents
- 6 (0.8%)
Bug #3015: Invader/sieger mounts flee combat, preventing their riders from fighting (worse with [FLIER] tag)
- 5 (0.7%)
Bug #1346: Adamantine thread used for suturing.
- 11 (1.5%)
Bug #3169: Bone carvers suffer art defacement when somebody leaves the map with stuck-in masterpiece bolts
- 6 (0.8%)
Bug #874: Dwarves refuse to butcher some corpses (buzzards in particular)
- 3 (0.4%)
Bug #4430: Large gems not moved to stockpile
- 9 (1.2%)
Bug #3981: Dwarf with "Installing Colony in Hive" Job stuck in middle of nowhere.
- 18 (2.5%)
Bug #5102: Sewers inhabitants hanging out underwater near outflows (some of them stuck to walls)
- 4 (0.5%)
Bug #4299: Some events can't be zoomed to (from announcements menu) even though they have a definite location
- 23 (3.2%)
Bug #3190: Long Patrol Negative Thoughts seem to escalate, even with long break.
- 15 (2.1%)
Bug #434: Reaction jobs (unlike other jobs) don't look outside burrow for workers and raw materials (works through manager)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 725

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: The worst bug - 34.07-10 poll  (Read 63894 times)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Re: The worst bug - 34.07 poll
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2012, 10:14:53 am »

According to tests made by thvaz "Bug #33: Bronze colossus, skeletal creatures, fleshballs, and others are impossible to kill" may be closed as fixed. Anybody that noticed that problem in his/her game - please upload save demonstrating this bug.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2012, 10:52:12 am »

It would take 30 secs to fix the "whip problem". Hopefully Toady will make the necessary changes.  8)
Or remove this weapon, there are certain reasons why whips are not used as weapons in reality.

Hehe, I surely wouldn't like to get hit by something like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2012, 11:12:33 am »

Well, I prefer this rather than typical sword.
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2012, 11:32:33 am »

According to tests made by thvaz "Bug #33: Bronze colossus, skeletal creatures, fleshballs, and others are impossible to kill" may be closed as fixed. Anybody that noticed that problem in his/her game - please upload save demonstrating this bug.

I believe this is a case of an improperly defined sort of bug report - the skeletal creatures are gone now, for one thing.  Bronze Colossus was somewhat nerfed. 

The things that made those particular creatures nearly impossible to kill, however, are still in play.  They just work on newer creatures, like Giant Sponges, and thralls.

That is to say, in the absence of internal organ damage or bleeding being lethal, severs are still the only way to kill certain creatures, and large enough (or one-body-part) creatures are still basically impossible to destroy. 

Skeletal creatures may be gone, and zombies may now have hit point based destruction, but the underlying problem that caused Toady to have to add those hit points is the problem that still lingers on in thralls today.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2012, 12:15:11 pm »

PMed Footkerchief with request to change name of bug report.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2012, 03:05:06 pm »

A name changing would be appropriate.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2012, 05:03:57 pm »

My biggest problem is, hunters don't hunt. I like to build my food industry around hunting. The problem is about "Military equipment interferes with civilian equipment (picks/axes/crossbows/quivers)" bug I suppose

Also, animal immigration could use a tweak.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 05:10:17 pm by Leatra »

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2012, 05:35:34 pm »

My hunters withour problem. Just don't assign them to the military (this will cause the above mentioned bug)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2012, 05:47:23 pm »

My hunters withour problem. Just don't assign them to the military (this will cause the above mentioned bug)
I didn't. They still just spend all their time in the meeting room.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2012, 06:48:03 pm »

It would take 30 secs to fix the "whip problem". Hopefully Toady will make the necessary changes.  8)
Or remove this weapon, there are certain reasons why whips are not used as weapons in reality.

Whips should do very little damage against armored units, yet have a small chance of disarming an opponent thus would still provide some value on some battlefields.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2012, 06:58:18 pm »

Whips should do very little damage against armored units, yet have a small chance of disarming an opponent thus would still provide some value on some battlefields.

Whips in actuality aren't all that great for disarming. In real life, they are/were mostly used for driving animals, punishment, or attacking unarmored enemies. Unless the whips are supposed to be Qilinbian (chinese martial arts weapon), but as they "lash" this is unlikely
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2012, 01:25:18 am »

Maybe they need quivers/bolts/crossbow?

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2012, 02:03:03 am »

It still functions as a soft-cap, and preserves the mechanics of the simulation, it seems to me that if a hard-cap were to be imposed it would, if not now then definitely later, have to fudge the mechanics of global populations and pop. movements, which is a coding nightmare waiting to happen.  If you don't like it, why don't you make a better suggestion in the suggestions forum?

While I understand this and I'm used to it, the soft cap on population could stand to be a bit harder; I'm currently dealing with 271 dwarves in a theoretically 200-dwarf fort. I think this problem has come to a head because of all the married dwarf immigrants in the new version interacting with longstanding fortress population concepts, but still: plus or minus ten percent feels like a soft cap, but plus or minus nearly 40 percent and I'm still wondering if the dwarves are ever going to stop popping out.

I voted to deal with the stagnant rivers, but whips, erratic military equipment (PUT ON THE DAMN STEEL GAUNTLETS), and this pop-cap thing would all be nice to see addressed.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2012, 04:38:41 am »

Maybe they need quivers/bolts/crossbow?
I already have a crapload of them.

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2012, 04:50:45 am »

Switched my vote to jump on the 5232 bandwagon.  I'm such a conformist!

The stagnant water bug makes so make good sites unplayable just by a random chance of a stream being near a pool.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 05:22:36 am by SmileyMan »
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11