Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44

Author Topic: Brightwater: Community fortress of science, oceans, and animal taming  (Read 154872 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Brightwater: Community fortress of science, oceans, and animal taming
« Reply #540 on: May 31, 2012, 10:05:58 pm »

Oh, my.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 31, 2012, 11:20:02 pm »

This is my only response to that.

Corai stopped, dropped the table he was making, shattering it with a loud clang, dwarves came to see what was happening, Corai was on his knees, staring downwards, muttering something with fear in his voice, as if he could feel something horrible was about to happen.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 01, 2012, 05:22:37 am »

TRAINING ANIMALS, DOUBLE TIME! I DO NOT WANT TO DIE!

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 01, 2012, 05:34:04 am »

TRAINING ANIMALS, DOUBLE TIME! I DO NOT WANT TO DIE!

Yea, nobody wants! So, can my dwarf get sword?
Adventures of brave Likot Udendeb in pictures
Urist McLegendary likes adamantine, steel, mugs and noobs for their questions. He absolutely detests trolls.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #544 on: June 01, 2012, 10:13:40 am »

If it's a fight they want, we can certainly give them one they'll never forget. My favorite method involves an artifact door (Throwsmeared will do nicely) and a carefully suspended slab of stone...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 01, 2012, 11:21:40 am »

Make sure Fishybang gets some hammer training in with the militacaption.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 01, 2012, 12:11:48 pm »

If it comes down to it, Dex is willing to be drafted again.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 01, 2012, 12:18:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hammer fucking time.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 01, 2012, 02:14:52 pm »

I NEED FIFTEEN BALLISTAS NOW! STEEL TIPS AND BLOOD THORN SHAFTS!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 01, 2012, 02:46:26 pm »

OOC IN IC. BAN HE!!!!
In all seriousness though, the only person in the fort who would think this to be happening would be Corai, and guess who's constantly crying wolf to the other dwarves?
I don't think preperation will be a thing that anyone would be doing. More than usual anyway.

On a preperation related note though, are cavern explorations a thing that are still happening or was that a one-off?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #550 on: June 01, 2012, 02:51:16 pm »

On a preperation related note though, are cavern explorations a thing that are still happening or was that a one-off?

Further cavern explorations will be happening, as there are a lot of resources down there to be harvested - more than just the adamantine.  But I have another update I'm writing up first that I should be able to post tonight.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 01, 2012, 04:11:57 pm »

Are any plans for settling the caverns being...um...planned? If not, GreatWyrmMithril will suggest it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 01, 2012, 04:14:20 pm »

I want Corai to learn how to cut people apart with a axe.

Perhaps everyone wanting a weapon suddenly could be explained with a note of war from elves, or such? Cause its not very IC if everyone suddenly grabs a weapon.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 01, 2012, 10:13:46 pm »

Journal of Saint, entry 9

My dreams these past weeks have been tortured nightmares, haunted by demons twisted in humanoid form, with airs of pestilence wrapped around them. I feel a growing sense that something horrible is about to happen, something connected to the spire of adamantium we have unearthed in the caverns below, but I don't know what! I can feel the madness of the oracle gnawing at the edge of my consciousness, a madness which seems to have deserted our insane little race even as other forms arose and encircled our minds like shackles. I can remember - in this world? In another? - when the gods spoke to us through our dreams; I fear the clouding of this courier line to the creators will be our death.

Even as the latest round of dreams was driven from my mind and memory by the incessant pressure of fortress life, I forced myself through the entryway of Cilob's office and demanded an audience. Startled, he agreed, began to try to postpone our meeting because he was speaking with the adamantine-hungry inbred noble we were saddled with, but I would hear none of it! I unloaded the contents of my visions upon him, urging him to begin constructing new fortifications, digging traps and entrenchments, forging bolts and blades and digging shelters deep underground, but he dismissed it all! He ignored my warnings, blithlely insisting that our current defenses were more than adequate and there was no need to increase them, and sent me away with a wave of his hand.

Furious, I stormed away to the dining hall. Slipping from dwarf to dwarf, I repeated my warnings, telling anyone who would listen that they should contact me if they were willing to aid in fortifying Brightwater; gods know I'm nowhere near skilled enough to do it all by myself. I only hope that I am, in fact, stark raving mad; if my dreams are indeed true and not the products of a deranged mind, Brightwater may not have long left to thrive.

This is getting very interesting; have you modded in a demon army to siege us? And has that one forgotten beast that escaped turned up again?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 01, 2012, 10:47:05 pm »

I want Corai to learn how to cut people apart with a axe.

Perhaps everyone wanting a weapon suddenly could be explained with a note of war from elves, or such? Cause its not very IC if everyone suddenly grabs a weapon.

Well for fishybang she's finely getting a weapon.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44