Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44

Author Topic: Brightwater: Community fortress of science, oceans, and animal taming  (Read 154867 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brightwater: Community fortress of science, oceans, and animal taming
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2012, 04:20:44 pm »

Apparently a baroness doesn't get official advisors. We're expected to manage things a bit more informally, so instead of an advisor, I've got... Corai.

It could be worse.

I've been trying to figure out how to react to the elves. They're so... unpredictable! How can you ever trust somebody who is honest and helpful, but then does stuff that you can't understand, seemingly without reason?

Talking to Corai is remarkably useful for working on this problem.

---

Also OOC: Is that a nest box in the baronial bedroom?

Yes...Now is my chance, I shall trick Geb into clearing off the caverns!

Jk jk jk.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2012, 08:41:09 pm »

This magnificent fortress wouldn't happen to have an unclaimed (and preferably male) Mechanic present, would it?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:10:29 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2012, 09:34:43 pm »

Could you perhaps dorf me as a random dorf, not part of the huge family? (The ambitions will come later!)

Specifically, is that leatherworker/mason claimed yet? (Too lazy to check.)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2012, 10:33:49 pm »

hi i wouldn't mind getting the super injured dwarflet, name her Hilde and as soon as she is of age can you set her up as a flail user.

If she lives to walk, she's yours.  She is however only 3 years old, so it'll be another 9 until you can wield that flail.  Still want her?

This magnificent fortress wouldn't happen to have an unclaimed (and preferably male) Mechanic present, would it?

We have one fairly skilled mechanic, Kulet Keludar, male.  He is however a deeply seated member of the royal family, being married to Fath Laratis, daughter of the late King, and having a large number of children, brothers, and sisters around the fortress.  He's yours if you want him.

If dorfing requests are still a thing, I'd like to be dwarfed as "Graknorke" or, if you think it's sound better, seperating it into two seperate names?  I tried but can't come up with much in the way of suggestion.
As a dwarf, probably one from outside the big family and with a sort of tropical complexion (Dark hair, dark eyes etc), and as a profession, a brewer who has a BIT of an obsession with surface plants. Otherwise some other profession who generally wants to be going on ADVENTURE but is also somewhat competitive about his job.

So far, every single dwarf in the fortress without exception seems to have peach skin, rust eyes, and hair that is tan when it's not clean-shaven or gray or white from age.  This seems to be universal among the entire civilization.  I don't know of any way to edit a dwarf's appearance once the game is already going.  If a dwarf with the same complexion as everyone else is acceptable, take a look at the list of names below and let me know if anyone suits you.

Could you perhaps dorf me as a random dorf, not part of the huge family? (The ambitions will come later!)

The following dwarves not related to the grand family are still unclaimed:

Our 139 year old, Female, Adept Hammerdwarf, Militia Commander, Morul Cattendoren Itredgelut

The fortress Manager/Trader/Bookkeeper Ral Mistemmeng.  Female, 82 years old, and the former Outpost Liaison before leaving the Mountainhomes under mysterious circumstances.  She is friends with nearly every dwarf in the fortress, but has formed grudges with two children.

A married couple:  Wife Zaneg Cerolkonos, Miner, Mason, and Glassmaker, and husband Deduk Kadolstakud, Mason.  They have one daughter, Rigoth Tishaktobul.

The following dwarves are all members of the royal family (some of these are claimed already):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2012, 10:59:43 pm »

This is a small pamphlet found on Cilob's bed while he slept, the door had been picked and opened. The pamphlet concerns the fortress's future.

I suggest we create a small squad of five or so "elite" dwarves restricted to a "mini" fort, with booze and drink dumped in through the roof. They will spend years in isolation to become friends with eachogher and train. This friendship will boost there morale as they are released in the event of our army's imitate defeat. Cruel? Not at all! What is nicer then giving a dwarf his own personal safe-hole?

This is a picture of dwarves and goblins, the goblins are fleeing, the dwarves are charging. Dwarves lye dead in the background.

I suggest, if we have not already, flood a small area of the fort with seawater and have our fishermen fish only there, this will protect our innocent people. If someone is stupid enough to fall in, let the fish have them!

This is a picture of a underground lake.

Lastly, I suggest we produce more strawberry wine.

This is a picture of smiles, it spikes with pure-childness.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2012, 03:03:13 am »

So the entire civilization is inbred, just some not as much as others? Better be careful with that genetic diversity or you'll end up with dwarves with too many digits and limbs so they can fight more effectively.

"Athra Udibenor, Peasant" sounds okay, if not male then, "Sigun Uzolamas, Mason" hopefully is. There's a 75% chance ONE is so I'll go with that.
To put the personality thing in more detail, he has a great desire for adventure and often fails, being a dwarf and all, but takes those failures very seriously, having put a lot of thought into it beforehand.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 28, 2012, 03:05:28 am »

Im sure you and my dwarf will get along, very, very well. Heheheheheeheheh...

Pandemix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 28, 2012, 04:16:57 am »

This is a small pamphlet found on Cilob's bed while he slept, the door had been picked and opened. The pamphlet concerns the fortress's future.

I suggest we create a small squad of five or so "elite" dwarves restricted to a "mini" fort, with booze and drink dumped in through the roof. They will spend years in isolation to become friends with eachogher and train. This friendship will boost there morale as they are released in the event of our army's imitate defeat. Cruel? Not at all! What is nicer then giving a dwarf his own personal safe-hole?

This is a picture of dwarves and goblins, the goblins are fleeing, the dwarves are charging. Dwarves lye dead in the background.

I suggest, if we have not already, flood a small area of the fort with seawater and have our fishermen fish only there, this will protect our innocent people. If someone is stupid enough to fall in, let the fish have them!

This is a picture of a underground lake.

Lastly, I suggest we produce more strawberry wine.

This is a picture of smiles, it spikes with pure-childness.

Do it. Put Ceilan inside the squad and make her responsible about caring for the war animals of this elite squad, most preferably war hawks!

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2012, 06:48:13 am »

k Then ill take a male dorf with a magnificent beard who has a huge hatred for the surface dwellers.

id still like him to use that Flail thanks. can yo call him Higginbottom III please.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 06:51:45 am by BeserkNINJA »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2012, 07:51:03 am »

We have one fairly skilled mechanic, Kulet Keludar, male.  He is however a deeply seated member of the royal family, being married to Fath Laratis, daughter of the late King, and having a large number of children, brothers, and sisters around the fortress.  He's yours if you want him.
He will do nicely.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2012, 08:11:39 am »

Tirist Zuntirlimar, Herbalist
      Husband of  Stukos Avuzzedot

I'll claim this dwarf. Name him "ObeseHelmet." Just checking that he's not too thin, right? Because that would be kind of embarrassing.

After all who wants a thin dwarf?

If there are any military spots open, he would actually like to be a somewhat blasphemous dwarf. A speardwarf with ambitions to elvendom. (Yes I know this will make the guy alienated by the entire community but so what? I just want to give an elflover a try!)

He would prefer a wooden weapon, but will settle for a metal one if really necessary. Preferably a very good metal one. Like copper.

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 28, 2012, 08:12:23 am »

Tirist Zuntirlimar, Herbalist
      Husband of  Stukos Avuzzedot

I'll claim this dwarf. Name him "ObeseHelmet." Just checking that he's not too thin, right? Because that would be kind of embarrassing. After all who wants a thin dwarf?

If there are any military spots open, I'd actually like the guy to be a somewhat blasphemous dwarf. A speardwarf with ambitions to elvendom. (Yes I know this will make the guy alienated by the entire community but so what? I just want to give an elflover a try!)

He would prefer a wooden weapon, but will settle for a metal one if really necessary. Preferably a very good metal one. Like copper.

(Sorry I'm still a forum newb, I have no idea how I doubleposted.)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2012, 10:11:25 am »

"Athra Udibenor, Peasant" sounds okay, if not male then, "Sigun Uzolamas, Mason" hopefully is. There's a 75% chance ONE is so I'll go with that.

Athra is already claimed by zomara0292, and Sigun is female.  Do you want her, or someone else?

k Then ill take a male dorf with a magnificent beard who has a huge hatred for the surface dwellers.
id still like him to use that Flail thanks. can yo call him Higginbottom III please.

Here you go.  He's already a Hammerdwarf, but I'll switch him over to a flail.  Note the very long and magnificent beard, mustache, and sideburns.  His only kills so far are animals, but I'll see if I can arrange some kobolds, goblins, or possibly elves or humans for him to kill.

He will do nicely.

Here you go.  Let me know if you want a different name.

I'll claim this dwarf. Name him "ObeseHelmet." Just checking that he's not too thin, right? Because that would be kind of embarrassing.

Sadly, Tirist is 'scrawny'. 

Here's an updates list of all the dwarves, including notes on who's been claimed, and short personality and physical descriptions of the unclaimed adults:

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2012, 04:03:19 pm »

If Obsese doesn't want Tirist due to his size, I'll have him.
Otherwise the Mason Rovod Berdarurist, for manliness. But reading your summary of Sigun from before sounds so.. PERFECT. You must have put in a lot of work to write up descriptions for each character, it's more commitment than I'll ever have to anything.

And actually, looking for a few personal, I found Urist Kadolfeb, Male Mason who I think I would like the most. I was going to rule some out on being fat but it seems like everyone in this fortress is pretty fat, so it doesn't really mater.
If it wasn't clear, I finally decided on Urist Kadolfeb, Male Mason and left the rest of my thought process for posterity.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2012, 09:23:26 pm »

I finally decided on Urist Kadolfeb, Male Mason and left the rest of my thought process for posterity.

Ok.  Here he is:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44