Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120511 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Sixteen: PARTY SCRAMBLE
« Reply #300 on: May 17, 2012, 03:41:28 pm »

((...This was faster than I expected.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 18, 2012, 03:08:30 pm »

((Then I would like to require changing my Dodging skill to Agility, since it seems like Dodging is the underdogged, shunned upon and spat on version of Agility. I would also like to note that Fencing in Elenor's character sheet is a tad different from Swordsmanship.
Note: Remy just got those Gunchucks, it is not like he is a master. Remember he grabbed them before the adventure inside the dungeon started?)

Even for a gunchucks novice he's doing terribly.
Agility is something I consider.
Turn tomorrow.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2012, 03:58:31 pm »

(I keep rolling 1s, I demand to see the dice you're using.  :P)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 19, 2012, 04:03:44 am »

OK.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 19, 2012, 01:17:29 pm »

(Ok.  Carry on, handsome sir.)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 20, 2012, 10:23:34 am »

100 Hours of Nyancat is on. I'm so ready for this. Time to u-u-u-u-u-u-up-date!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Seventeen, Part One
« Reply #306 on: May 20, 2012, 01:37:12 pm »

Turn Seventeen, Part One: In Which The Party Expands And Once Again The Title Is Obnoxiously Spelled For A Cheap And By Now Overused As Well As Overly Long Gag, Which Is Defined As The GM's Futile Attempt To Make The Reader Laugh

Since the golem is slow, it always goes last in the initiative roll... assuming Elizabeth isn't enraged. Which, well, is the case.

Taren: 3
Elenor: 2
Hel: 3
Apollo: 4
Rath: 4
Remy: 6
Liz: 1

Remy:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(5) "If you wish to use my gunchucks, you must pay by the minute!" Remy then proceeds to draft a contract, to be signed in blood, and gets his knife ready in anticipation. And to slash Liz, but really, that girl's going down anyway, so obviously taking care of your financial situation is more pressing.

Taren:

(4) Thankfully, your situation seems to be stable. Somewhat. It's also uncomfortable, but stable, which means that Taren now tries to magicify the golem's shield... the resistance from the cockpit shield makes you not even bother, and the body shield already looks rather flimsy. It's actually redirecting most of the energy left to the cockpit, so casting your spell would be of little benefit. The disjunction aftereffects should dissipate soon as well... hm. Full magic access should return to you soon.
Until then, you can only hope that the sword can hold your weight.

Ratherio:

(5) "I wish not to buy this thing - we're party buddies, riiiight?" Remy is not convinced, but thankfully he doesn't force you to sign the contract. Before that happens, you shoot instantly, a good one-two, as you congratulate yourself. The remaining crystal looks even more damaged.

Apollo:

(2) Maybe being on the other hand of the room is somewhat related to this, but your magic-harnessing-fu proves ineffective.

Helskaya:

(5) The magic! Must harness it for later licking! But regular old magic is notoriously hard to keep in a pouch. Crystal Magic is the solution!
Takes quite a bit of concentration, that one's certain. But your labor pays off, and you have four - smallish - Magic Crystals, which you shall henceforth keep in a leather pouch.

Elenor:

(6) Elenor sighs. Overall, this fight has been ridiculous, a disappointment, and a ridiculous disappointment - a waste of time, bluntly put. It's time to end it all.
For what's about to happen (if all goes well), he'll need one hell of a defensive stance, and one hell of an insult... the former, that's taken care of, now. The latter... hm, what to use... What's going to hurt her... Uh... ah, that might work.
"Heeey! Elizabeth!" She reacts, appparently. Good, she can hear you.
"You know, ever since I met you, I've wondered about one thing. One thing, only."
Now she's curious. Good!
"And that's... hey, Elizabeth. If you are such a powerful and omnipotent mage..."
Artistic pause. Now for the finisher.
"Why are you so flat?"

Golem/Elizabeth

(6) "Why, you - ALRIGHT THAT SETTLES IT."
Elenor trollfaces. Mission accomplished. The golem is rushing at him, and Liz is mad indeed. (6)(2)(1) It revs up a great swing... well, that's just telegraphed from ten miles away. Elenor dances around it, taunting her while he's at it and dodging a few more clumsily aimed blows. This does not help her rage, and the subsequent attack is a fair bit harder for him to avert - he manages to block it, but barely, and his defense collapses against the next one - the force of the attack overpowers him, and he is thrown onto the ground. In defeat, the golem pick it up.
"Say that one again." Elizabeth commands, but then she is thrown off by confusion. Elenor, dangling from the golem's fist, sword and shield on the ground and clearly defeated... this Elenor is smiling, as if he won.
"What's so funny about that?" she asks.
"Oh, sorry, it's just that..." His grin grows even broader.
"Your golem... is already dead."
"WHAT?!" But Elenor's calculations were correct. The strains she'd put on her summon were to be the final straw, and now the second crystal has broken. Elenor is dropped as Liz is frantically trying to save the situation.
"Everyone, get into cover!" he shouts. "This is gonna be one huge explosion!"
And it was a huge explosion. Golem glowing up, transforming into light and all that.

--

"I concede defeat." Elizabeth states. To the dismay of half the party, she still has a shield on. "We return to town now." She starts chanting, and a dimensional circle appears on the ground.
"There was a treasure chest..." Elenor notes.
"And it's empty."
"Oh. Well, then..." They start stepping into the circle.
"Er, guys, what about me? I am still stuck on this ceiling? Hello?"

--

Fast forward, one good night's sleep (on Elizabeth's expenses) and a rescued Taren later. It is about ten o'clock, and the party is sitting in the Bureau's waiting room to get rewards and briefings. The amount of explorers wishing to talk to Elizabeth is rather... staggering, especially for how early it is. There is, in fact, a numbers-drawing-machine in there and little number cards. Every so often, someone is called in by a secretary, who is about as plain as it gets. There is not much to do... well, a few ancient issues of Adventurer's Weekly and a Draw-By-Numbers book. So, the only pastimes are sleeping, being bored and staring at the other adventurers.
One is about as much of a stare-magnet as it gets, at least if weirdness is to be concerned. She is cheerful, young, disturbingly pink, frilly and disturbing in general, with a remarkable and vocal interest in the zombie goth, who is currently somewhere in the corner, silently stinking.
The other adventurers are about as normal (read: weird) as adventurers come. There is one ridiculously buff guy who does not appear to know the concept of "shirts", but wears armor gauntlets, greaves, boots, a scarf as long as himself and pants with a combined codpiece-belt buckle-thing. His stubble is manly. His haircut appears to have forfeited to his hair. The second adventurer sports pale skin, gray hair, is probably female, most likely young and is almost entirely covered by a black cloak with hood which seems to absorb the light. She appears to wear a bell on a chain. The third one is totally a ninja, if his belt buckle is to be believed. He wears baggy clothes and mostly black/grey, his hair is spiked and dyed bright green, and he also wears a scarf in vibrant orange. A blade is attached to his right forearm. Adventurer number four wears red, worn wizard robes with matching hat, looks somewhat undefinable and wimpy, like a scared ferret. He bears a knobbly staff. The fifth one is silent and sits in the corner, his grey hair covering his entire face, dressing in black and white. He bears a billiard cue, and the hair over his face is dyed in such a way that the symbol of an eye is seen. Finally, there is a woman sitting in the corner with white hair of improbable length. Her skin is rather colorless, but riddled with scars. She wears a black jacket, chest bandages, baggy red pants and slippers, and is unarmed. Also smokes much to the chagrin of everyone else.
Then there's a couple of less interesting adventurers around as well that nobody cares about, but that still have number cards. Therefore, might potentially take time.
Boredom.

--

We're splitting the turn again, also with the purpose of introducing the new character. Hello, IronyOwl! His sheet is not formated yet. Note: Yes, all or nearly all of the described characters might be plot relevant.

--

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Ratherio Houston (borno)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)

Maka R'lyeh-Voile (IronyOwl)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:15:50 pm by Errol »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 20, 2012, 01:54:53 pm »

Elenor is back to his incredibly stern self for such a young knight. Taunting is only used whenever deemed necessary, and talking is mostly useless if it does not lead to any benefit, gain or advantage. The gray eyes behind his helmet scan the area silently as he evaluates the adventurers' stereotypes, already starting to elaborate plans on how to defeat them.

A knight without magic has to work harder than his magic counterparts to get his share of victories, and even harder for people to recognize him as someone worthy of receiving lands or riches. On the bright side, he is always underestimated every single time as he draws his weapon and prepares to do battle with no flashy stances and glowing lights.
The enemies laugh and chant verses. Elenor is upon their throats even before the laughing subsides.

But even so he has to admit Elizabeth is quite naive.

((Using this opportunity to present an image of how Elenor looks:
Note, the image is not mine.))
Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:07:55 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 20, 2012, 02:59:01 pm »

Remy looks over the assembled adventurers and addresses them all with a smirk.
"Hello there, new meat!  Don't die, the last one left a huge mess, amirite guys?"

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 20, 2012, 03:06:47 pm »

Ratherio taps his foot. He can almost imagine the foot in slow-motion...
Uuuuup, doooooown,TAP.
Uuuuup, doooooown, TAP.
Uuuuup, doooooown, TAP.

Finally he can take it no longer.

"Hurry up! C'mon guys! This is soooooooo boring! It's driving me insane! I WANT SOMETHING TO DO! HELLOOOOOOOOO?! ARE YOU GUYS EVEN LISTENING TO ME?! STOP IGNORING ME! AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"

Ratherio's rage suddenly concentrates on one random person. He then runs over to that person, proceeding to beat him/her with his fists whilst crying uncontrollably!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:08:55 pm by borno »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 20, 2012, 03:09:40 pm »

((I approve fully of the name R'lyeh-Voile, btw. :P))

Maka could barely contain her excitement. Real-life adventurers, all bizarrely-dressed and everything! And that thing in the corner was an actual minion! Or someone who'd just done that to themselves, which was still really cool. Not that she cared for stinking undead and the key thing was rather odd, but still! Someone around here apparently didn't suck!

The only question was, who to pester first?

She decided the one with the eye looked the most interesting- hopefully it was a symbol of some deeper, madness-induced vision that granted him sight beyond mortal sanity, rather than just a gimmick. Still, the fact that he was carrying a pool cue around was a good sign.

Accordingly, she planted herself about two feet away from him and began talking cheerfully.

"Hello! My name's Maka, what's yours? Are you here for eldritch power also? What do you do? I make minions, mostly. Nobody around here has any! Except whoever's got the key zombie, if that's not just her. It's so exciting to see people who don't look like they belong in a farming pen!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 20, 2012, 03:13:28 pm »

((I just discovered a good characteristic of Maka: She doesn't care for dull-looking people, which means that at the very least Elenor and Taren are out of the danger zone. Elenor even more, he looks like a simple knight.

Edit: If her minions try to kill her, guess who is not helping? *raises hand*))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:16:25 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 20, 2012, 06:38:03 pm »

Apollo leaned against the wall just outside the buraeu. "Damn it. Why am I so useless?"[\I] he said. He decided to walk inside to meet the new adventurers when, he noticed the new pink-eyed summoner, and  his jaw popped open in disbelief. Looking for someone to speak to, he saw Ratherio, who while not his favorite person, he at least knew him. Turning away from the somewhat creepy summoner, he said "Hey. What's up."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 06:53:10 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 20, 2012, 06:40:57 pm »

Apollo moped in his room. "Damn it. Why am I so useless?"[\I] he said. He walked down the stairs for something to eat when, he noticed the new pink-eyed summoner, and  his jaw popped open in disbelief. Looking for someone to speak to, he saw Ratherio, who while not his favorite person, he at least knew him. Turning away from the somewhat creepy summoner, he said "Hey. What's up."
((Read the turn again. We are at the Bureau.))
>Yes?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 21, 2012, 01:56:05 am »

Ratherio sniffs and wipes away the tears.
"Nothing. Nothing at all. Absoluuutely nothing..."
At this, he burst into tears again.
I-I'm sorry, but it reminds me o-of the time..."
He looks up, tears running down his cheeks.
"E-everyone pretended I was invisible..."
He sniffs and wipes his face once more.
"But at least you are talking to me. Thank you."
He then proceeds to run over and gives Apollo a hug.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 58