Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271346 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 15 — Nonpossession
« Reply #1695 on: October 28, 2012, 12:54:10 pm »

Upgrade armor with gems, craft a large, spiked hook & rope from the rock tiles and rope.

Spoiler: Rod Manly (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 14 — The Musicians of Bremen
« Reply #1696 on: October 28, 2012, 12:57:32 pm »

"Hey, Ire, I'm not helping because my guns can't damage it, I'm no coward."

'Damnit. Did I give myself away just like that?!

Cursed Stealth. Now...he saw me. Bah.'

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: October 28, 2012, 01:07:50 pm »

Azastre grits his teeth and watches as the rifle's recoils with the shot like an artillery cannon, following by the system rolling and locking, ejecting the spent cartridge and readying a fresh one for the barrel.

His orange eyes narrow in concentration and he smacks his lips as he prepares one more shot.

Azastre shoots the statue with a quartz +4/+4 bullet this time and hopes for the best.

Addendum: If it happens to be destroyed already, just get more gems from the floor and craft more ammo.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 06:53:06 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: October 28, 2012, 01:27:21 pm »

"Same here, Lady Ire," Kahn said, continuing to read his book.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: October 28, 2012, 01:28:52 pm »

Aaaand now my cover is blown.

Blast it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: October 28, 2012, 01:32:46 pm »

(We don't have to see/be looking for you to hear you shouting. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: October 28, 2012, 01:38:38 pm »

(We don't have to see/be looking for you to hear you shouting. :P)
((I know. Jim Sir Kahn loves his books. XD

But it's her internal monologue anyway. :P))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: October 28, 2012, 04:14:29 pm »

((No Armorcrafting xp? D:))

Arianna looked proudly down at her work. Now she had some real armor... granted, armor that was a bit clumsy in battle, but protective and stylish. It'd do for now, if nothing else.

"Soon Popo," she called up. "I'm overdue some forge work."

She then turned her attention to Azastre. Firing at the statue? Wasn't sure why, not like it was doing anything...

Well, no matter. Right now she was less interested in exactly what he was up to and more the measurements of his thighs.

Make a chainmail tunic or toga out of bronze, fitted to Azastre's size and coming down... oh, perhaps just above the knees on him. Include gauntlets/sandals/boots if necessary for proper armor. Use that goblin's firethrower thing if necessary to heat the metal into being more pliable.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: October 28, 2012, 05:35:05 pm »

((I like this imagery. A woman standing above a defeated, twitching statue, looking around dissapointidly at two of her teammates, a man in mongol armor who was reading during the fight, and a 21-year old in a skimpy jacket who was playing with cards.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: October 28, 2012, 06:56:12 pm »

((I like this imagery. A woman standing above a defeated, twitching statue, looking around dissapointidly at two of her teammates, a man in mongol armor who was reading during the fight, and a 21-year old in a skimpy jacket who was playing with cards.))
((And a boy in his early teens in skimpy toga and leather pants with a 6 feet tall rifle shooting at the statue. Also, a tall and blonde woman ogling said boy's thighs.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1705 on: October 31, 2012, 07:30:30 am »

Ire 1  Ire lets everyone know she is right there. Sound tends to do that. Also, Popo shakes her head.

3 + 4 + 1 + 0 vs 5
= 3 dmg

She explodes a small chunk of the statue off. The debris rains down on an uninhabited part of the floor. The statue is helpless to react, because it has no arms. And it didn't have legs from the start, so ...

Ace 1 finds that the statue is mostly rock. o_O

Rod 2 makes his armor look shiny, but it doesn't do anything good. -0.5 handful of gems.

3,1,1 Rod uses all his tiles and rope and creates a spiked hook! But the problem is that he broke so many tiles in the process that the hook ended up being too tiny to latch on to anything.

Azastre 3+2

2+4+3+2 vs 1 + 4
= 6 dmg

3+10+4 vs <no roll>+ 100

The second blast seems to have done no damage at all, but the first one gave the statue another crack.

Arianna 4 fetches the +10 Goblin Flamethrower and Tank and uses it to help create something from bronze.

4,5,3 Using 3 bronze bars, she creates a +4 Fine Bronze Chainmail Toga that reaches 2  somewhere halfway up his thigh, which errors on the short side. Still, it works perfectly as a +4 armor. Perhaps there is some sort of Armor Field cast by armor. Curious.

9 uses left for the flamethrower.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: October 31, 2012, 10:38:26 am »

((There goes my only one and true friend. Farewell chaser.))

"Alright. Fine." Ire said. "I'm still with you all and really want to help you in this quest for the top of this tower. It can't hurt if I wanted to ambush y...that statue."

Claim Dented Dagger from dead Monk.

"Statue, why do you block our passage up these floors? Is there anything you are guarding from the populace in general?"

Diplomatic Interrogation!

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: October 31, 2012, 11:23:08 am »

Harvest materials from the surrounding area.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: October 31, 2012, 11:37:58 am »

Use the 12 gems and 0.5 handful of small gems to make the hook larger and more spiky.

Spoiler: Rod Manly (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: October 31, 2012, 02:42:09 pm »

Azastre notices the statue is basically harmless and sits down to get back to his crafting. More rounds and more materials...Maybe he could ask for help from the robot afterwards, but he didn't want to keep asking the metal being favors. It would be impolite in some ways.

Azastre tries to loot more materials from the ground, crafting ammo with the 2 gems, 8 small gems, any other gems he may obtain and also marble.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 152