Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271335 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 15 — Nonpossession
« Reply #1710 on: October 31, 2012, 04:43:57 pm »

Arianna beamed at her work. It was perfect!

She was understandably smiling as she approached Azastre, new armor folded in her arms.

"Excuse me," she said, hoping to interrupt his crafting binge for just a moment. "I haven't had a chance to formally thank you for all the aid you've given me so far. So, I'd like you to have this," she finished, holding out the bronze chainmail for him to inspect and take.

Diplomatically gift armor to Azastre! Try to recover Armorcrafting xp for that and the floor tile armor.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: November 01, 2012, 02:59:53 am »

"Same here, Lady Ire," Kahn said, continuinged to read his book.

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)

(Quoted action went unprocessed; strikethroughs added to eliminate things no longer necessary)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1712 on: November 02, 2012, 08:00:38 am »

Ire recovers her dagger. She 5 asks.

The statue rumbles, "The creator has order thus, and thus it shall be. But it seems I have failed him."

It almost seems to sag, and a low creaking sound issues from its joints. Ire almost expects it to give a desolate sigh.

Ace is late to the party. The rest of his friends have done a good job of ripping off every single useful surface, and little save the mortar underneath is left. Ace looks around, and 6->2 finds nothing! They've done a really good job at looting this floor clean.

Rod uses all those gems 6->4,1 and makes the hook very long and hard, but not spiky. Thus, he has a hook with a long shaft and teeny curved "hook" parts. It .... probably has a worse gripping power now. :c

Long spiked gem grappling hook get!

Azastre confirms what Ace has found. No more gems lying on the tiles. He uses the marble and the gems.

6,2+1,3+1,6,1+1,3+1,1+1,4+1,4+1,3+1
reroll 6s ->4+1, ->1+1

Azastre gains 30 xp to ammocraft.
He gains a +7 Gem Bullet, two +1/+1 Vaguely Bulletshaped Bullets, a +2/+3 Small Gem Bullet, a three +3/+6 Gem Bullets, two +4/+7 Gem Bullets, and a +3 Radioactive Lump.

He doesn't know how he got the last one...

Azastre presumably accepts the armor from Arianna. It looks like normal armor, but the skirt part is unnaturally short. It is made of bronze.

Arianna gifts armor to Azastre. She also retroactively gets 15 xp from that, and 15 xp from the floor tile armor.

Kahn 1 tries to read more. He doesn't understand the language this part of the book is written in. It looks like a drunken Mendelian crossover of runescript and Common, which shouldn't even be possible.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:24:52 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: November 02, 2012, 08:17:27 am »

Great.

The Statue was a Guardian-type. This usually meant that it was placed to hinder any malevolent motives from accessing the upper floors. I had doubts on whether my allies were actually good or not, or where I was, but seeing the clothing of...its defenders, as well as how this room was oriented (Why was it above Ms.Hypnotic-Respite again? They did leave Lotusia out and...)

That's it. Lotusia!

Ire still felt saddened by how the statue spoke its probably last words, and her tone echoed it. "I'll be heading back a floor - checking on Lotusia and all. I'm unsure as to her survival thanks to...what happened to Shadow?"

Go down a level! Use Stealth and check for Lotusia! Try to summon up a benevolent Chaser because I'm really feeling sad. D:

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: November 02, 2012, 09:23:26 am »

"Excuse me," she said, hoping to interrupt his crafting binge for just a moment. "I haven't had a chance to formally thank you for all the aid you've given me so far. So, I'd like you to have this," she finished, holding out the bronze chainmail for him to inspect and take.

Azastre turned to smiling Arianna and almost immediately started to show the signs of a frightened little animal. After recomposing himself and noticing what she was trying to say, he took the chainmail and examined it, his orange eyes stopping right at the point it ended. Above the midpoint of his thighs.

His eyes turned to Arianna and he pointed at his original toga - that ended right above his knees - and at the chainmail, trying to make a point there was a good reason his white toga had that length. He blushed as he made the gestures that indicated such, but then stopped and tugged on the leather pants and the bronze mail, as if to indicate he'd accept it because he thankfully had managed to get something to cover his lower half.

He bowed deeply after finally accepting the mail from Arianna's hands, his face still beet-red from having to explain such things and kind of wondering why he had explained more than necessary. His shifted to Ire...Which he had almost made naked by accident.

Still feeling the guilt from his actions, he scurries to what he thinks it is a more secluded corner and faces the wall before taking off his toga and shoulderguard (Kestrel still attached), revealing a pale, delicate skin and what seems to be a frail build. He quickly puts the fine bronze chainmail Arianna gave him along with the shoulderguard and saunters over to Ire, offering the white toga he has been using so far. It carries his soft scent and has a few torn spots along the areas he was attacked, but it seems otherwise fine; the large amount of cloth hides and covers the torn areas.

He hugs Ire briefly after giving her the cloth then turns tail, getting back to fixing his ammo.

Azastre tries to use the two +1/+1 Vaguely Bulletshaped Bullets to make a better round. He also tries to mix the single-stage +2 bullet of marble and silver and one of the +3 Gem-tipped Tile Bullets to create a dual-stage one.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:43:28 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: November 02, 2012, 10:05:49 am »

As Ire descended the stony steps, she clutched Azastre's toga in her hands, her spear safely stowed away now that there was no hostility.

Her grip tightened around the soft silk as she held it close to her, choosing to sit down and release the tension of her worries. Azastre was a really kind boy, and who seemed to know nothing other than loving others in his own personal way. She wiped a tear off as she felt the guilt in her increase - she had to right whatever they had done wrong, somehow.

It was back to Lotusia, and by reason, Juha and Bremen.

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 14 — The Musicians of Bremen
« Reply #1716 on: November 02, 2012, 10:11:34 am »

Ace raises his eyebrows at the sight of Ariannas gift to Azastre, but then looks down at his own clothing and shrugs. As Ire leaves, he follows her to the top of the stairs, where he sits down to focus..
"Just scream if you need help."
Heal Self.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 14 — The Musicians of Bremen
« Reply #1717 on: November 02, 2012, 10:25:28 am »

Ace raises his eyebrows at the sight of Ariannas gift to Azastre, but then looks down at his own clothing and shrugs. As Ire leaves, he follows her to the top of the stairs, where he sits down to focus..
((Azastre has pants now so it's all ok.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: November 02, 2012, 11:45:29 am »

Harvest more rock tiles, make hook hookier. Try to learn something from it this time. :|

Spoiler: Rod Manly (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: November 02, 2012, 03:22:51 pm »

Kahn sighed, getting the feeling some vague celestial force was telling him to put the book down and get on with it. With nothing else in mind, he began to search for a way for everyone to easily reach the stairs upward.

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: November 02, 2012, 06:11:58 pm »

Azastre's response had not quite been what Arianna had been expecting. Notably, the lack of any verbal communication. The initial fear was also puzzling, but that at least was a good thing.

Complaining that it was too short was understandable, but it was very fine armor, and she hadn't thought his toga was that much longer...

Deciding that they had already stripped the place of anything valuable, she turned to the statue, and presumably their way up.

"What method are travelers supposed to use to get past you? Or is reducing you to rubble the only real means?"

Train Dodging. Ask statue.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: November 02, 2012, 06:24:57 pm »

((Azastre talks very rarely, if any. He almost always communicates through exaggerated gestures and short, simple vocalizations.

Also, his toga stopped just above his knees. He'd be obscene were it not for the leather pants.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: November 02, 2012, 09:13:30 pm »

((Praise be to the inventor of pants. May we thank those who have created the perfect lower body covering.))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: November 02, 2012, 10:20:37 pm »

((Praise be to the inventor of pants. May we thank those who have created the perfect lower body covering.))
((You just misspelled 'skirt'. Or 'kilt'. 'Man-skirt in tartan'. Whatever.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1724 on: November 03, 2012, 06:26:31 am »

Ire 4 summons the original starred orange chaser. It bobs next to the fire one, which appeared yet again, and nudges it out of the way slightly. The fire chaser obliges without making much of a fuss.

She continues her stealth and sneaks down the stairs. Peeking out at the dining room, she spots Lotusia's pale form laid out exactly as people laid out dead people in her hometown, straight form, but with hands folded over her stomach. Around there mill people, many of whom she have spotted before, eating. They seem to be angry over something, and a few and clashing blades apart from the rest of the crowd. She looks round, 6 and sees that Juha is in the middle of the ring of people. Her green sweater is blotched with dark, and she's wielding her flute as an impromptu baton, batting away errant hands while speaking rapidly.

Bremen is on the other side of the center of the ring, doing likewise, but with his mace. The headless cadaver that was the dragonoid is trampled beneath heartless boots.

Azastre 2 makes a +2/+2 Vaguely Bulletshaped Bullet. It has a 50% chance of asploding his gun!

...That's not good! +3 xp

1 He mixes the two bullets and makes a +1/+1 Vaguely Bullet-shaped Bullet.

Ace 1," 1" damage done to self.

His attempts at self-healing go wrong.

Rod finds that all the tiles are gone! GOoooooonnnneee~ Dx

Kahn might be mistaken, but anyways he looks around. 3 Well, the stairs are up there, and everyone's down here. Maybe someone could fly up there.

Arianna is Dodge III. She cannot become better at dodging on her own.

3 The statue is silent.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 152