Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271413 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 14 — The Musicians of Bremen
« Reply #1470 on: September 09, 2012, 08:41:26 pm »

((Didja hear what Ire said? She's alluding to the principle that the people here...are here for eternity in a looping reprieve, forgetting all desire to continue up the tower or return to the village below. Either there is a magical effect that we aren't searching for due to everyone wishing to go to the next floor, which I'd bet-

[/speculationend]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: September 09, 2012, 08:44:55 pm »

((None of this explains why, in addition to wanting more and a greater appreciation for music, the fruit's side effects include an increased defense score and controllable impulse to get maimed pinching someone's cheeks. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: September 09, 2012, 08:54:29 pm »

((Increased defense score? Hmm, Ire didn't suffer from anything other than increased hunger, which I'm not sure how to cure as it seems Nobody brought food or provisions!  :P

Though, perhaps the music acts as an enthralling device? Though, if that's so, I'd be aiming to craft a flute soon enough! :D

Also...I'm unsure if we did search for a kitchen, as it seems we've only seen the...general vicinity, and part of the lore behind this floor.))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1473 on: September 10, 2012, 02:00:08 am »

Kahn heads towards the stairs. Ire 5 follows.

However, a bunch of people walk out and block their way. There are two women, four men, and one dragonoid. One of the females, who has large eyes and soft features, with silvery hair shining and wavy down her back, takes a step forwards, swishing her deep violet cocktail dress. She is what you would call beautiful, though she slightly too tall to be found as the model of it. On her back is a oblong case with a pair of straps that are round her shoulders. She curtsies shallowly and introduces herself as Lotusia, and queries as to why they were leaving so soon. Was the food at wrong, the music uncomely?

1 Clinging to Kahn's arm, Ire looks around but doesn't see any fruit-bearing trees nor kitchen..y things.

Ace 6->2 glances around and bumps into Sandra's face. However, he does see that quite a few are acting erratically, such as the pair of burly knight-like warriors slicing the heads off chess pieces, or a man who is walking around and talking to every single person he passes by. Some are engaged in intimate activities like hugging or ... wrestling, in the corner.

Hmm. The more he sees.

Sandra rubs her nose and bites into another bit of fruit.

Jack meets up with Kahn and Ire above, and hears Lotusia's words.

Azastre 4,5,3 uses the rest of his largish bones and some of his marble to create a +4 Femur Kanobo of Mass. He can activate it to have a good chance of punting the target very very far away, but it also has a 50% chance of breaking in his arms, and a 50% chance of breaking his arms, calculated separately. Meaning it is totally possible for his arms to break and it to break in his arms. Thankfully, in this world "breaking arm" means a handful of damage, nothing more. :D

5,5,2=50 pt to Aiming. He aims at tiny things like the seed on the nearest cham's insides.

The passing servers give him strange looks.

Arianna 6->4,4  resists her want to hug Popo fiercely and asks her if she found anything.

She shrugs and mumbles that the cham is probably a magical fruit, but that's all she can discover 'til now. Also, she says that the cham's seed part has an especially high concentration of magic.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:23:30 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: September 10, 2012, 02:06:17 am »

"Greetings Lotusia," Ire tries to say, "You will have to excuse our intrusion, we mean no offense but we have to be on our merry way, ma'am. Your offer of aid has been welcomed muchly, and the fruit tastes brilliant!

"The music, likewise."
She smiled as she leaned on Kahn's shoulder, only just now remembering the music. "We'd not want to intrude..."

Talk!

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 11:36:41 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 13—The Grim Witch
« Reply #1475 on: September 10, 2012, 02:20:17 am »

Azastre stares at the result of his handiwork. Looks fairly good, if flawed, but that can be fixed later. As for those fruits...the people may need help to be freed from it.

Azastre tells the robot to help Rod, Sandra and Ire get out of their stupor then turns back to training Aiming. He's almost nailing it. :D

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 13—The Grim Witch
« Reply #1476 on: September 10, 2012, 04:06:28 am »

Kahn fidgeted nervously. "Indeed, madam? It is merely that we must be moving on. Honor and oath demand that I climb to the top of this tower or die trying, and we really must be getting back to it." His free hand tightened its grip on the spear, just in case it needed to come into play presently... but for the moment, he'd try to talk his way past.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: September 10, 2012, 05:24:12 am »

Arianna tapped her chin a few times, pondering the significance of the fruit. She wondered what cham seeds would do on their own?

Harvest cham seeds, keep now-seedless fruit if possible.

...also, see if my grosling wants any fruit or seeds.

The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: September 10, 2012, 07:10:10 am »

((Azastre, you aren't paying attention to the corpse on your robot. That Zalgo.  :P

SC, your spear is decorating the area red with blood. Seemingly endless flowing blood.  :P

Flying Dice, you make the best corny pick-up lines. Teach me some.  :P

:P))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: September 10, 2012, 12:35:03 pm »

(??? My spear doesn't seem to have any blood on it. I'm pretty sure I cleaned it earlier, as well. I re-read the turn and saw nothing about blood. ...Are you OK, Tir? O.o)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: September 10, 2012, 12:40:34 pm »

((Tiruin has been messing with too many drugs in med school. :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: September 10, 2012, 02:16:58 pm »

(I've thought about it and maybe he means metaphorically, like I've killed a ton of people and am going to keep doing so?)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: September 10, 2012, 02:52:26 pm »

((I'm torn between backing Tiruin up and joining in on making him think he's crazy. :))))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: September 10, 2012, 04:16:24 pm »

"Hey, Sandra? How long have you been here?"
Continue looking around. Watch for the allies doing anything zany. Pocket some of the food for later.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: September 10, 2012, 07:55:50 pm »

(??? My spear doesn't seem to have any blood on it. I'm pretty sure I cleaned it earlier, as well. I re-read the turn and saw nothing about blood. ...Are you OK, Tir? O.o)
((B-but...

Kahn glances at his spear. The blood is still dripping off it. Weird.

Aand that Skyrunner didn't state that you did clean it off and...

:-\

Yes that was metaphorically.))

((Tiruin has been messing with too many drugs in med school. :P))
((I don't even take drugs. -_-
I was just partly sleep deprived...
And technically, Zalgo is a corpse though he is alive.))

((I'm torn between backing Tiruin up and joining in on making him think he's crazy. :))))
(( :'( I'm now totally confused on all your intentions.))
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:02:17 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 152