Yes, same as this.
- 1 (20%)
Yes, 8 player free-for-all.
- 0 (0%)
Yes, 8 players, 2vs2vs2vs2
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: The Ritual : FINISHED! End turn + epilogue.  (Read 28702 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Make Simple an NPC. We can handle him. I guess.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

Make Simple an NPC. We can handle him. I guess.
It would be funny if you wouldn't. : V
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: The Ritual (NOT ACCEPTING): Turn 10.
« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2012, 09:07:47 am »

Started turn.
 I decided I want to finish this, so turns will be much shorter and I just deleted Simple from the world.
 I just want to finish this right now, but I want a proper end, so the turns will be rushed, but I will still continue this until only one of you is left standing.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Simple has been deleted?! D:

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Ritual (NOT ACCEPTING): Turn 10: I has a poll.
« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2012, 09:18:31 am »

If you are planning a 2v2v2v2, make it FSN-esque. I wanna be a servant. If someone uses command spells on me the wrong way, though, there will be much ass-kicking to occur.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2012, 09:30:12 am »

Simple has been deleted?! D:

Yeah. I just want to end this fast. The game was pretty much an experiment, to figure out what I can do with this idea. Pretty much a beta.
 Also, 3 players are easier to GM for, but also more boring.
 And anyway, if I make a sequel, (actually, more like version 1.0 rather than a sequel) there will be many changes:
1) More tactical gameplay. The counter mechanic didn't even see any action. There should be more ways to prepare for fights. That's why we will have...
2) More preparation. Magical traps, potions, prepared spells, additional ways to locate your enemy...
3) Different stat and skill system. Dumping stats because most of the time their either irrelevant or overpowered. All they did was made some players waste the first turns training to not be curb stomped. Skills are going to be more numerous, but most will start at level 0. Basically each player has X different skills and can choose which ones to focus on. Depending on their play style. Additionally each school of magic/type of weapon will have a different feel. Traits removed, instead artifacts are more meaningful and skills can reach overpowered levels as well.
4) Slower pace in general. More preparation, longer fights, more rewarding training. More focus on character advancement.
5)...Any other ideas?

If you are planning a 2v2v2v2, make it FSN-esque. I wanna be a servant. If someone uses command spells on me the wrong way, though, there will be much ass-kicking to occur.

That would require good writing. : V
 Also, I don't want to rip off FSN too much.
 Oh, and no one wants to be a master.
 *beat*
 You host a FSN RTD. I want to be a servant too. : V
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:32:05 am by tomas1297 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2012, 09:31:55 am »

If you are planning a 2v2v2v2, make it FSN-esque.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2012, 09:33:22 am »

If you are planning a 2v2v2v2, make it FSN-esque.

That would require good writing. : V
 Also, I don't want to rip off FSN too much.
 Oh, and no one wants to be a master.
 *beat*
 You host a FSN RTD. I want to be a servant too. : V

Nah, I'd just make it a standard team battle thing, but with more tactical stuff. Everyone would be paired up randomly.
 A team of 2 scouts would be awesome.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: The Ritual (NOT ACCEPTING): Turn 11: GOTTA POST FAST!
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2012, 10:04:37 am »

Turn 11 started.
 Now that I think of it, a FSN RTD would be more possible than I thought. Just make all the players masters an you can have the usual 2vs2vs2vs2vs2vs2vs2 thing with just 7 players. But I would of change some things. Mainly, balance (no SABER IS BEST CLASS!!!!111!!! and BERSERKER OP!!!11!!1 bullshit, less magic resistance, no 1-hit-kill stuff A.K.A. Gae Bolg and shit), some personal preferences ("servants are heroes of ancient myths" stuff is bullshit, and I really hate Rider as a class. WTF mounted combat!?)...and of course there is the *cough* mana recharging...

Don't know if anyone would play that, though.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2012, 10:21:58 am »

I would play it, I guess, although players being servants and masters (no NPCs) would make for a more interesting RtD because of the relations. I, for one, would gladly accept being a mage.

Please no mana recharging. Not using that method, at the very least.
>Yes?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2012, 10:27:17 am »

Not using that method, at the very least.
That's what I meant. Even without the obvious reasons, I also thought it was stupid, but then again I'm one of those people who actually read it for the plot.

...although players being servants and masters (no NPCs) would make for a more interesting RtD because of the relations.
And also it would mean that the game either needs to have an insane number of players or will end very, very quickly.

And anyway, as I've said, I don't know if anyone (not counting you )would play it.
 Also, it would be play-by-PM like this one, since it also requires your actions to be hidden.

Edit: I don't know, maybe I should just ask in the brainstorming thread if anyone is interested.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2012, 10:29:08 am »

I know something you don't.

And I don't like it :I

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2012, 10:31:00 am »

I know something you don't.

And I don't like it :I
*confused*

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: The Ritual (NOT ACCEPTING): Turn 12. Die already! D:<
« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2012, 10:39:33 am »

Another turn~
 Oh shit I have homework, kthxbai~

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Ritual (NOT ACCEPTING): Turn 12. Die already! D:<
« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2012, 10:46:11 am »

Mr. Offensive Mage, if you want to keep turtling, then you can forget a fair duel.

Fight me now or fight two enemies later.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18