Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57

Author Topic: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈  (Read 92446 times)

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈
« Reply #705 on: October 29, 2012, 02:42:48 am »

A quick question for the future, are there any requirements for a second character?

Either your first character needs to have died, or teamed up with another player(s).

Hmm, so how encumbered would my character be if I put on full medium armor?

Ignoring Weight and any equipment that wouldn't be in a Major Slot; 188 Encumbrance, which translates to 'Nearly Over-Encumbered': Sprint costs 22 AP and 11 Energy.

Including Weight, but not additional equipment; probably at least 225. ('Lightly Over-Encumbered': Walk Speed Increased to 35 AP - Sprint costs 26 AP and 13 Energy.)

The Armour Skills are very important now, so you'll need to work on them a bit. Though even wearing just one or two Light pieces of armour in the Major Slots will probably help.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 29, 2012, 04:15:38 am »

Though having good strength should help as well. Oh and for the people in combat I recommend not implementing it for them until combat is over if they're wearing heavy armor or similar. Wouldn't be good to suddenly be unable to move in the middle of combat.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 29, 2012, 05:30:18 am »

It occurs to me I never decided on spells for Sally. Is that option still available, perhaps as a 'they only manifest as she needs them' sort of deal? I'd really like to cast a healing spell on Caboose. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 29, 2012, 05:41:11 am »

I vaguely remember a discussion on this before, but I have no clue at all what the conclusion we came to was.

I'd have thought Sally wouldn't really know any actual spells yet though - And she'd have to learn them from scratch. (Caboose could even try to teach her his own spells, though none of them do any healing.)

He will stop bleeding on his own, so it's not a life or death situation.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 29, 2012, 05:46:52 am »

We might have, but it's been a while and if so I've also completely forgotten about it. ^^^; Ah, oh well. You're probably right.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 29, 2012, 11:21:23 am »

Sea ships like the one I'm on and the approaching one are modern-like, right? Not wind powered, coated in metal if not made from it, and nice enclosed cabs preventing a good marksman from sending the ship out of control.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 29, 2012, 02:08:37 pm »

Of course. (Most of them at least.)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 29, 2012, 04:12:15 pm »

Every 2 Levels in Unarmoured gives a passive +1 Defense bonus to whatever limbs are Unarmoured, so someone who is very good with the Unarmoured Skill will be almost as effective as someone using Light Armour - Without the additional weight.

So, you're saying that the skill's basically increasing resistance to pain and accumulation of tough scar tissue, in addition to reflexes. Ok.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 29, 2012, 05:27:49 pm »

Or that their kung fu gets so good that they can smash thin pieces of metal with their bodies utilizing mental discipline.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 29, 2012, 08:07:39 pm »

Or that their kung fu gets so good that they can smash thin pieces of metal with their bodies utilizing mental discipline.

Someone now needs to make a martial arts character. Please.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 29, 2012, 08:43:53 pm »

So, how more effective would armor be as their armor skills increase?

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 29, 2012, 10:08:32 pm »

If I recall properly, unarmored skill is the only "armor skil" that increases your defense, effectively changing it so that it were as though you had light armor on, minus encumbrance, at level 100. All other armor skills merely reduce encumbrance so that it is as though you were wearing armor one class lower at level 100.

Heavy armor 100 -> medium armor (encumbrance), medium armor 100 -> light armor (encumbrance), light armor 100 -> unarmored (encumbrance). Unarmored 100 -> light armor (defense).

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 30, 2012, 12:37:19 am »

Note word almost

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 30, 2012, 03:52:44 am »

Note word almost

He used someone who is very good in the skill when using that example, not necessarily a legendary user, so that comment doesn't really add anything to the discussion.

MrCelt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 30, 2012, 08:10:40 pm »

I hearby declare Aninimouse to be not active until Hurricane Sandy clears his area, which should be within a few days. - Last I chatted with him he was talking about the hurricane; On the bright side, we can start a revolution, and claim the People's Republic of Modieval, and have nuclear weapons before he comes back - Who's up for it?
♫♪ Hitler has only got one ball ♪♫
♫♪ Göring has two but very small, ♪♫
♫♪ Himmler is somewhat sim'lar, ♪♫
♫♪ But poor Goebbels has no balls at all. ♪♫
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57